Walk to the pool in Amber Cove

crazycruzer68

It really isn't very far, maybe 750 feet or something? I'm not positive on the exact distance. However, there are pedicabs right at the gangway that can take passengers to the pool area, making the walking distance basically zero. They work on tips only, probably $5 for two people is very fair.  

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, kelkel2 said:

Is the pool something we need to make a reservation or anything for? I think it would be great for my kids and perhaps this will be a port we don’t do an excursion in. 

for water sports and things that have a fee. This is the price list from last week.

D990C2E8-74D4-4488-8FA9-D6301CE66D1E.jpeg

Edited by Zeta3
Extra photo uploaded
  • Like 2

On 2/16/2020 at 2:44 AM, crazycruzer68 said:

How far is the walk from the ship to the pool area in Amber Cove? My friend has some mobility issues and has a hard time walking very far.  

the pier is quite long so definitely use a pedicab to get to the port area. You then need to walk from the entrance. Through the duty free shop and up a short paved path to get to the pool area. It is probably about 75 yards to get to the chairs or bar area near the pool from the port entrance.

2 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

Is the pool something we need to make a reservation or anything for? I think it would be great for my kids and perhaps this will be a port we don’t do an excursion in. 

No reservations. It’s a large, free form pool with water slides. When we were there last year, there were two ships in port and it was pretty packed, but we still found some loungers near the water slides later in the afternoon. With that said, it’s just another “welcome center” that could be located at any Caribbean destination. 

We did go on a half day excursion of Puerto Plata. We got up early, went on our tour, returned to the ship, had lunch, and then we got off the ship again to enjoy a bit of time at the pool. The north coast of the Dominican Republic is spectacular, and there are tons of activities and things to see and do in the area. Enjoy your time at the pool, but do consider venturing out and exploring what this wonderful country has to offer beyond the welcome center. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2021 at 7:10 AM, Zeta3 said:

for water sports and things that have a fee. This is the price list from last week.

For the Price list you posted, do you pay with Cash or with your sail and sign card?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...