VERY ODD QUESTION

As we are aware, there been a few ships that were stuck at sea and unable to get back due to the coronavirus, I do believe most of them finally were able to dock somewhere for passengers to get off...my question, I realize they were given three meals a day and were confined to their cabins, what happens if this came true on a RC ship...question, if we have the drink package are we able to get drinks in the cabin?  LOL. I told you very odd.

3 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I guess they also would have had to obtain prescription medication for everyone that takes it.

And that is a good reminder that everyone should take more with them, than they need.  You never know when the unexpected may happen. 

• Like 3

No way of knowing how they would handle it until it happens.  I know when we were quarantined and had refreshment packages, they would not bring us bottled water without paying for it.  Room service was free for us, but not beverages.  Whole ship quarantined would be a different story.

4 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I would guess that if you paid for a 7 day drink, package, you would be able to drink for 7 days for free. After that, you would probably have to pay for drinks. 

On some sailings where it was extended due to weather, folks with drink and VOOM got to keep enjoying their packages free. 

52 minutes ago, KroozFoolz said:

I believe, according to David Abel, they were supplied with nicotine patches/gum.

35 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I guess they also would have had to obtain prescription medication for everyone that takes it.

Yes and yes.

46 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

NO ONE plans for two extra  weeks!  (+)

I guess I am in the minority then.  I always have an extra 3 weeks with me, but then, we sometimes travel for 2 or 3 months, so that is not that much more in the grand scheme. 

22 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I guess I am in the minority then.  I always have an extra 3 weeks with me, but then, we sometimes travel for 2 or 3 months, so that is not that much more in the grand scheme. 

Well, that's very different.  You are talking about an additional 25-30%.  For a two week cruise, an additional two weeks is 100% more.  Just a different calculation.

😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bboop51 said:

Exactly, I always packs meds for a few extra days, but to think of even packing for an extra week is no usually feasible.

When traveling by car I have packed 2 months of meds.  Usually take an extra week on cruises.