Spain Day Tours - Cadiz

mduffy1834

After lots of research for our upcoming TA on the Norwegian Epic in April, we finally settled on using Spain Day Tours' Cadiz to Seville Tour.  It had everything we wanted and the price was fantastic.

The only hold back may be the timing.  We are set to dock at 10am and the excursion is set to leave at 10:15am. 

Has anyone done this excursion - should I be worried that I will not make the tour?

Thanks for any insights

31 minutes ago, mduffy1834 said:

After lots of research for our upcoming TA on the Norwegian Epic in April, we finally settled on using Spain Day Tours' Cadiz to Seville Tour.  It had everything we wanted and the price was fantastic.

The only hold back may be the timing.  We are set to dock at 10am and the excursion is set to leave at 10:15am. 

Has anyone done this excursion - should I be worried that I will not make the tour?

Thanks for any insights

We've done Spain Day Tours before and they are good.  In fact, we were going to take a look at them for our visit to Cadiz (and going to Seville) next fall.  I would think this is a bit tight since usually ships take a bit to clear and then let people off.  Would they consider waiting for you for another 15 minutes?  How fixed are they on the departure time?  Let us all know how it turns out!

We had reserved this tour with Spain Day Tours, (I think their price was 69 euro p/p) but realized that NCL had the same tour for $65 per person. Using our Latitudes discount, along with the $50 excursion credit made this a no-brainer, so we canceled the original tour.

On 2/16/2020 at 4:07 PM, schmoopie17 said:

We had reserved this tour with Spain Day Tours, (I think their price was 69 euro p/p) but realized that NCL had the same tour for $65 per person. Using our Latitudes discount, along with the $50 excursion credit made this a no-brainer, so we canceled the original tour.

We've used Spain Day Tours (not yet in Cadiz, but are booked with them for a port call there this fall, to go to Seville) and we've taken plenty of ship-sponsored tours, including through NCL, when they make sense.   SDT is great, and imho it's far better to have a smaller group than a big bus tour, even if the former costs a bit more.  I get the same Lats discount and have the same shorex credit, but I will opt for the private tour when I can.

On 2/16/2020 at 12:36 PM, mduffy1834 said:

Thanks for any insights

We are booked on that tour for this fall.  Have you emailed them to ask about the timing?  They are great in getting back to you by email, and I would think that they want to have their tour timed for the ship's schedule.

I emailed Spain Day Tours and got a prompt reply.  They basically said that the entire tour is made up of Epic passengers and to please get off the ship as soon as possible.  They may wait for 5 additional minutes, but then will leave.  We will plan on being off as soon as possible and make the tour.  Will review when I get back

13 hours ago, mduffy1834 said:

I emailed Spain Day Tours and got a prompt reply.  They basically said that the entire tour is made up of Epic passengers and to please get off the ship as soon as possible.  They may wait for 5 additional minutes, but then will leave.  We will plan on being off as soon as possible and make the tour.  Will review when I get back

Yes, please do post your comments when you get back.

Have a great trip!

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2020 at 12:36 PM, mduffy1834 said:

Thanks for any insights

On 2/21/2020 at 2:18 PM, Turtles06 said:

We are booked on that tour for this fall.  Have you emailed them to ask about the timing?  They are great in getting back to you by email, and I would think that they want to have their tour timed for the ship's schedule.

I organized a 16-person group excursion to the Alhambra with them. We were on a Celebrity ship. The "start time" for the excursion was very close to the time we docked, but it did work out. What I learned that day was two items. First, when you book with them, you are using their organization to advance-book entry tickets to the site. There is a limit on the number of entries per day, and the tickets are sold on a timed basis, so that for any given 15-minute period there is a relatively small number of persons going in and beginning the standard comprehensive tour. So, if they wait too long for tardy guests to get off the ship, they miss their time window at the site. The other factor is that they want to get you back to your ship on time. If they were to get a late start it just cuts into the time you have to do the tour.

Good excursion by the way! The Alhambra was on my bucket list for a long time and I wasn't disappointed.

If you were to rent a car and go on your own, you would need to book your entry tickets 3-4 months ahead.

Stan