Adventure of the seas vs carnival glory

Flyers0609

Hi

Ive only cruise once which was carnival glory 5 years ago and we are thinking of cruising again on adventure of the seas. Can anyone tell what are some of the differences and simularities between the two. We were also thinking maybe going on an oasis class ship but thinking thrre may be to many people and crowded on a oasis class ship. Any information will be helpful thank you.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Flyers0609 said:

Hi

Ive only cruise once which was carnival glory 5 years ago and we are thinking of cruising again on adventure of the seas. Can anyone tell what are some of the differences and simularities between the two. We were also thinking maybe going on an oasis class ship but thinking thrre may be to many people and crowded on a oasis class ship. Any information will be helpful thank you.

Go with Oasis. Overcrowding is a myth,  Royal is a expert at keeping people moving into different areas. There is no other class of ship on any cruise line that can compare to Oasis Class. happy cruising... Youtube Oasis class ships. 

In our experience, the Oasis class ships actually feel less crowded than others due to the number of different venues and options of places to be at any given time than other ships with fewer passengers.  The exceptions would naturally be the elevator and MDR lobbies at dinner time as that is a focal point on the ship at that time of the day when it would be as crowded as other ships. But with Central Park, the Royal Promenade, Boardwalk, the pool deck (with 4 pools), the Solarium for adults with another pool (except for some unexplained reason on Harmony), as well as the various open deck activity areas there is always an option of somewhere to be.  This balances the passenger load quite well.  

And to your first question, IMO I would choose Adventure over Glory. I think there are more and varied venues on board (such as the Ice rink, etc.) that would provide a good experience.

On 2/16/2020 at 3:28 PM, Flyers0609 said:

Hi

That's what we thought about cruising on Anthem, which isn't Oasis class but is still very large. There were crowds when shows let out and the promenade shop areas could be crowded but it wasn't too bad. We generally let the price determine who we cruise with and we do want to try at least one of Royal's smaller ships. If Adventure is the same size as Glory and the prices were close we'd choose Adventure (unless Anthem or an Oasis class were also close in price, then we'd probably sail on one of them).

Hi.......We sailed on Adventure and it is a wonderful ship, lots to see and do. We have also sailed Allure of the Seas, which is Oasis class and it was my favorite cruise to date. Those ships are just amazing, huge but never felt crowded and the entertainment , in my opinion, is the best of any and we have been on. 21 with 22 coming up in May. We have never repeated a ship either.....I like variety and trying new ships and cruise lines. Like everything else, I have my favorites but want each cruise to be a new experience. Sometimes we choose for itinerary and sometimes for the ship.  Try something different and happy sails always............Patti

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

I can’t think of any scenario I would choose Glory over Oasis or Adventure. 

Totally agree with this.  We have cruised on both and would welcome another cruise on the Adventure.  

But if your budget allows, spring for the Oasis.  It is an experience in and of itself.  I thought I would hate that big of a ship, but it offers so much that I actually loved it and the Allure.