Upgrade Mini-Suite to Club Class?

Dave.ca

On our upcoming Regal Cruise all the club class mini-suites were booked.  We settled for a "regular" mini-suite, but we will really miss the club class dining. Has anyone been able to purchase club class dining as an add-on to a regular mini-suite?  We'll ask on board, but just wondering if anyone has been successful?  We're Elite class, if that matters.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dave.ca said:

On our upcoming Regal Cruise all the club class mini-suites were booked.  We settled for a "regular" mini-suite, but we will really miss the club class dining. Has anyone been able to purchase club class dining as an add-on to a regular mini-suite?  We'll ask on board, but just wondering if anyone has been successful?  We're Elite class, if that matters.

I dont believe there is an "add on" to a mini suite.  You are either in a club class mini, or you are not.  Why would it matter if you are elite?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

We had a MA mini suit , Anytime , on the Sky 2 weeks ago .

Got complementary upgrade  to CC mid cruise .

No explanation why , figured they were just previewing it 

to us for the future ?

Now that was a sweet deal, at least according to me. The ability to just show up when you're hungry and be seated almost immediately is worth quite a bit.

We like to go to shows or catch musical acts when the spirit moves us, not when the dinner gods force us.

Jim

1 hour ago, MCC retired said:

to us for the future ?

Very nice!

3 hours ago, Dave.ca said:

That can’t be done, no matter how elite you are.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When you get on board, just be very nice and polite and ask manager at guest services.  I mean all you can get is a "no" answer probably, but you definitely won't get a "yes" if you don't at least ask.  I mean, something like that, they could honor.  And don't mention you are elite- they know that.  Just ask honestly if you could get it.  Who knows?

Pooh

1 minute ago, PoohUnderstands said:

When you get on board, just be very nice and polite and ask manager at guest services.  I mean all you can get is a "no" answer probably, but you definitely won't get a "yes" if you don't at least ask.  I mean, something like that, they could honor.  And don't mention you are elite- they know that.  Just ask honestly if you could get it.  Who knows?

Pooh

Why would they give you something they are not giving everyone else. Space is limited in club class dining 

• Like 4

I think your only option, but it won't cover breakfast or lunch, make reservations to dine in the specialty restaurants for dinner.  I love club class, too ... but I understand nobody would love it anymore if they let other that aren't booked for it, take advantage of it.  

21 hours ago, jasbo49 said:

Now that was a sweet deal, at least according to me. The ability to just show up when you're hungry and be seated almost immediately is worth quite a bit.

We like to go to shows or catch musical acts when the spirit moves us, not when the dinner gods force us.

Jim

That's why we always book Anytime Dining.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HappyCruiserettu said:

That's why we always book Anytime Dining.

I think maybe I wasn't clear. What I really like is Club Class. I know it's expensive, but it's the only dining option other than buffet, etc. that gives us real control over our evening schedule.

Anytime Dining leaves you at the mercy of buzzers and other people's schedules. Traditional sometimes takes two hours. With Club Class, you can be in and out in an hour or so.

Only once have we paid the full rate for CC, and that cruise it wasn't much steeper. But we've taken several upsells to a suite partly based on how much we like CC dining.

Jim

2 hours ago, jasbo49 said:

I think maybe I wasn't clear. What I really like is Club Class. I know it's expensive, but it's the only dining option other than buffet, etc. that gives us real control over our evening schedule.

Anytime Dining leaves you at the mercy of buzzers and other people's schedules. Traditional sometimes takes two hours. With Club Class, you can be in and out in an hour or so.

Only once have we paid the full rate for CC, and that cruise it wasn't much steeper. But we've taken several upsells to a suite partly based on how much we like CC dining.

Jim

We like the Club Class on Regal Princess cause we could have dinner anytime with little or not weight. That permitted us to often see the show before and immediately go to dinner.

We had booked on the Inaugural Enchanted Princess Trans-Atlantic Cruise and had to be wait listed for Club Class.  We decided that we didn't want to take the chance of not getting it, and in place booked on Oceania Trans-Atlantic on the Marina, Concierge Class.   

On 2/16/2020 at 4:43 PM, MCC retired said:

to us for the future ?

Interesting!  We had the same experience.  We booked a BTB in different cabins.  We'd originally booked in the same cabin which was Club Class.  We decided to change cabins on our first cruise to a non Club Class mini.  We were very surprised, and delighted, to find out we were in CC for the entire 1st cruise also.  We thought it might have been that were we going to be there the second cruise or that we are Elite. We were happy either way.  I know the cost is crazy but it makes dining soooo much more enjoyable.

23 hours ago, memoak said:

Why would they give you something they are not giving everyone else. Space is limited in club class dining 

As I said, would probably be no and very doubtful, but if it means a lot to you it never hurts to ask nicely, does it?  I would, too, be surprised if they got a Yes answer, but who knows.........

Pooh