Le Pettit Chef

lkj1301

OK!!! So I had been reading so much about Le Pettit Chef on the Celebrity board that I was a little hesitant to be optimistic to eat there.  I do understand the "1 & done" tho there is a 2nd menu for later in the cruise. We've just disembarked from the Summit (2/8 - 2/15).  The day we (Hubby, brother, sil and myself) embarked on the Summit, we strolled around the ship, taking in the revolutionized ship.

We stopped by Blu (we were in Aqua Class) and were asked if we wanted to book dinner at Le Pettit Chef on the 1st night (10% off). We kind of hedged a bit.  Then he said if all 4 of us

go to dinner, $40 each.  So we said yes.  

It was 1 of the best dinners we've had.  I had seen the "show" on line & read comments before we embarked so I knew (kind of what to expect).  But I had also, read the food was something other than great.  Well.... the filet mignon we perfect (to my liking as I had ordered it).  the lobster was excellent, not overcooked or under cooked.  I tend to be "fussy" about lobster since I live in Ct.  

The food was soooo good we would have booked the other show, but we were not thrilled with the menu for the last 3 days.  They had 1 menu for the 1st 4 days and 1 menu for the last 3 days. 

I realize food is subjective, but I had to add my opinion of our recent experience.

Edited by lkj1301
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Glad you enjoyed.    Which of the two menus did you have?

We had the lobster and filet menu.  It was so fun to watch the show and the reactions of my brother, his wife, and my husband.

The don't follow cruisecritic like I do. 

That is the same menu we had.  I do not eat lobster or the clam chowder, so I got the French Onion soup and the chicken.  We loved the show and thought the food was also very good, way too much to eat, but very good.  Glad you tried it and enjoyed it.  As they say, to each their own.  I never take negative reviews too seriously.  I usually want to try for myself

28 minutes ago, lkj1301 said:

We had the lobster and filet menu.  It was so fun to watch the show and the reactions of my brother, his wife, and my husband.

The don't follow cruisecritic like I do. 

That is my favorite menu.   Glad you had a fun evening.

2 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

i'm glad to read you know what the menu is before you book. i must have filet. the things on the other menu wouldnt be as pleasing

Yes.  We have a definite preference for the filet or lobster.

Not a fan of the other menu.

Edited by NMTraveller

IMHO the first LPC menu  is very good, unfortunately the 2nd wasn’t good.  In fact DH’s meat was so tough he couldn’t cut it.  Chef came around and he also couldn’t cut it- he thouggt the knives we had were bad!  We ended up at the OV.

We booked Le Pettit Chef, on the Equinox, prior to the cruise on 1/24/20 and paid the regular price of $55pp as a treat for ourselves. The animated "show" was cute however, we found the food to be excellent. Before we left we inquired about eating there again and were given a price of $38.50pp. The food ( different menu) was just as phenomenal as the first meal and the "show" was also a different story line. 

On 2/16/2020 at 9:12 PM, jelayne said:

IMHO the first LPC menu  is very good, unfortunately the 2nd wasn’t good.  In fact DH’s meat was so tough he couldn’t cut it.  Chef came around and he also couldn’t cut it- he thouggt the knives we had were bad!  We ended up at the OV.

Were you reimbursed for your meal? I'm so hesitant to book as several friends on my last cruise went but were not impressed. I was also offered for 40 pp but declined.

Not planning on booking  it on Summit in May. Just a gimmick...no matter how good the food may be,

One serious drawback to the M Class is the limited Specialty Dining.  There's sushi, LPC and Tuscan..  Would be great if LPC could alternate with regular Bistro menu for lunches or some dinners..

20 hours ago, saphir said:

Can we choose our menu?  

We will be on Solstice next September and we have a reservation for Le Petit Chef.

There was a second menu, but the show is only for 1.  Example,  bouillabaisse was on the menu of the show, but the other menu had french onion soup.  My sil got the french onion soup and the other 3 of us the bouillabaisse.  I can't remember the rest of the other menu.

Count us as NOT A FAN!
We had a dining package on silhouette and used one for la petit.

I regret it.

First, we were told to be early as the show starts “on time”

We did. About 20 minutes early.

and waited

Others did NOT arrive early, so...... they delayed the start.

about 30 minutes past the scheduled start.

I was ready to walk out. They talked me out of it, but we already were not liking it.

The show, and meal, were just okay.

Won’t go back.

EVER

56 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

Count us as NOT A FAN!
We had a dining package on silhouette and used one for la petit.

I regret it.

First, we were told to be early as the show starts “on time”

We did. About 20 minutes early.

and waited

Others did NOT arrive early, so...... they delayed the start.

about 30 minutes past the scheduled start.

I was ready to walk out. They talked me out of it, but we already were not liking it.

The show, and meal, were just okay.

Won’t go back.

EVER

Dont blame you. I would have left. 20 minutes is as long as I would wait; even for dinner guests in my home.

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

But at least on EDGE it is not just the LPC show. 

The cafe Itself is a fabulous dining venue, place for a drink or take out lunch.... sans show!

Which cafe? I'll be on Apex so assume they will have it as well. I dont like crowded bars. My friend who is traveling with me doesn't drink 

On 2/18/2020 at 5:10 AM, drakes2 said:

Were you reimbursed for your meal? I'm so hesitant to book as several friends on my last cruise went but were not impressed. I was also offered for 40 pp but declined.

I suspect you will not be persuaded, but you should try it.  Perhaps in a weak moment.  My wife and I really enjoyed the original (Filet and Lobster) with the “show”.  I know it is hard to believe, but the Filet may have been the best steak we had on the cruise.

It is something really different, but the show was very enjoyable for us.  

Also I would guess you should be able to get it for less than $40 person especially if you are flexible.

Recently on Eclipse we had the "new" menu - not sure if that is what some call the second menu.  It had sliced beef, truffle ravioli, a salad, and a weird Japanese desert.  Not a fan of the desert choice - the other option was gelato (more like a scoop of ice cream).  So it is one and done.  Perhaps different if they had offered the filet and lobster menu.  But too expensive for a gimmick to consider going back for another round of marginal food.

57 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I suspect you will not be persuaded, but you should try it.  Perhaps in a weak moment.  My wife and I really enjoyed the original (Filet and Lobster) with the “show”.  I know it is hard to believe, but the Filet may have been the best steak we had on the cruise.

It is something really different, but the show was very enjoyable for us.  

Also I would guess you should be able to get it for less than $40 person especially if you are flexible.

I heard the Apex was going to have new menus and if the Lobster and Filet are offered then perhaps we may try Le Petit Chef. We will have OBC to use up and I'm not one for spending in the shops as better bargains in ports. If its offered for $40 or less only.   The animation does look cute  😀

• Thanks 1