Don’t go on a cruise!

Fun4Us2013

I was listening to Fox News this morning and they were discussing the virus. The guest was discussing how we got here and where they are in the process of coming up with a cure. At the end of her speech as she was telling everyone how to avoid getting this and she said “Don’t take a cruise”. I am booked on the escape in 76 days and certainly plan on going. Wonder how the cruise lines will react to this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh, if the other networks book that expert or one’s like her and they repeat the “don’t book a cruise” line, prices will fall.  Those of us who want to cruise can pick up some bargain cruises!  It might even be a time to consider buying stock if it dips enough.

If the situation does does become dire, those of us who booked may regret our choice.  Then again, if the situation is dire, there is plenty to worry about beside missing a cruise.

If, OTOH, the Coronavirus situation blows over, the cruiseline stock prices will recover from the hit.

Just my thoughts over morning coffee.  I am driving to cruiseport in an hour, smile on face.

• Like 11

I'm debating cancelling my cruise.  So far, I have only paid a $500 deposit.  I have a solo cabin booked.  I don't want to be quarantined for 2 wks in a solo cabin.  The virus seems to be spreading even with the quarantine.  My flights are booked for Rome.  I can just do an Italy trip.  Thoughts?

I will not cancel my cruise.....I know people that won't cruise because they are afraid of norovirus.  The world is so full of the what ifs that if we worry about everything that is possible we would have to live in a bubble.  I enjoy travel too much to worry about these kind of things.  Heck my plane could go down or I might have a car accident on the way to the airport.  Life is just way to short to worry.  Before my mother passed away she told me she wished she had traveled and seen the world and that she is happy I am getting the chance.  She always loved the stories and pictures and "vacationed" thru me.  

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, drsheryl said:

I'm debating cancelling my cruise.  So far, I have only paid a $500 deposit.  I have a solo cabin booked.  I don't want to be quarantined for 2 wks in a solo cabin.  The virus seems to be spreading even with the quarantine.  My flights are booked for Rome.  I can just do an Italy trip.  Thoughts?

It is a deeply personal decision, and, in the end, the only important feeling are your own.  I am still booking cruises, though mine are from a port close to home and could be canceled at literally the last hour if need be.  None of us know how bad the outbreak might become of if it might impact your ship.  If after seeing coverage of quarantines you feel better about a land tour, by all means, book a land tour.  Vacations are about pleasure, not worry. If the cruise really does not feel right To You, replant the trip so it does.  And a land tour a Italy does sound fabulous, even to a diehard cruiser.

have a wonderful time, whatever you decide.

• Like 1

Good Morning,  I am listening to Fox News even as I type this.  They just had a Doctor on discussing the Corona virus.  She was asked  "Should we travel"  She replied "Of course".  Use common sense.  Wash your hands, keep your hands away from your face, avoid touching things you don't have to,  etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.  We should all know the drill by now. 

We are leaving Thursday for our Southern Caribbean cruise.  We are not worried.  I am a cancer survivor and my husband has survived 3 heart attacks.  I agree with TSUmom, life is too short to curl up and watch the world go by. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Oh, if the other networks book that expert or one’s like her and they repeat the “don’t book a cruise” line, prices will fall.  Those of us who want to cruise can pick up some bargain cruises!  

The cruises I'm monitoring have not dropped in price …...yet.  But I'm looking.🤩

In the meantime our next cruise is in a little over 5 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, K32682 said:

This is great advice that I hope everyone follows as it means there will be last-minute clearouts on desirable cruises for those of us who are not panicked by coronavirus.  

Exactly!  When there was a lot of negative hype about tourists deaths in the Dominican Republic, I waited until there were drastic price cuts and then booked an ocean facing honeymoon suite 4* AI hotel with RT air and hotel transfers for under $2500. 

Last week, I had a 7 day Carnival Conquest cruise solo fare for $1250 total in a balcony room last minute (booked 24 hrs. before sailing).

More panic, more price drops, keep the false news going!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mafig said:

The cruises I'm monitoring have not dropped in price …...yet.  But I'm looking.🤩

In the meantime our next cruise is in a little over 5 weeks.

Look at  cruises that are  almost at "final payment." That is when people start cancelling out of fear. I know we wanted to book a cruise last September but  then we found out my MIL was dying (dementia and cancer) and the doctor said anywhere from 2 months to a year.  So we did not book for fear we would need to cancel. Then the cruise went up in price and we said oh well, maybe in a couple of years. Well she passed 3 weeks ago.  A week ago it ws pretty high then this past weekend we found out the cruise had dropped back in price to what it was back in September  so we booked yesterday. Friday is final payment, lol!

21 minutes ago, mafig said:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TSUmom said:

I will not cancel my cruise.....I know people that won't cruise because they are afraid of norovirus.  The world is so full of the what ifs that if we worry about everything that is possible we would have to live in a bubble.  I enjoy travel too much to worry about these kind of things.  Heck my plane could go down or I might have a car accident on the way to the airport.  Life is just way to short to worry.  Before my mother passed away she told me she wished she had traveled and seen the world and that she is happy I am getting the chance.  She always loved the stories and pictures and "vacationed" thru me.  

If it must happen, and I'm in no way being ominous,  what a way to go while  doing what you enjoy!

• Like 1

I have 2 cruises booked for April..TA crossing from Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona....been paid for and am ready

to go! :classic_biggrin:..this is a retirement trip and recovery from radiation treatments I am going through right now. Actually,

one I arrive in Barcelona, I am flying to Lisbon for another cruise.....a river cruise on The Douro!

Cancelling these cruises because someone on Fox said "don't cruise"..…..NO, nope, nope. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

I have a cruise booked for April..TA crossing from Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona....been paid for and am ready

to go! :classic_biggrin:..this is a retirement trip and recovery from radiation treatments I am going through right now. Actually,

one I arrive in Barcelona, I am flying to Lisbon for another cruise.....a river cruise on The Douro!

Cancelling these cruises because someone on Fox said "don't cruise'?...…..NO, nope, nope. :classic_rolleyes:

Good attitude,Lois R.

• Like 1