Six on Breakaway- cancelled? What’s happening?

raitch

most likely it is a schedule change. they are moving the shows to a different date. check the ncl website in a few days for the correct date/times. worse to worse, you might have to book shows when you onboard the ship.

i had something similar happen to me a few years ago on the escape. shows that used to be on a friday was changed to thursday, the show on tuesday moved to wednesday, etc.

I got that too for my May 17 sailing. The reservation is still there when I view the vacation summary. Does this mean I need to make a second reservation for a different day? I'm pretty sure when I first made reservations Burn the Floor was available on nights 2 and 4 and Six was available nights 3 and 5. Now Burn the Floor is only night 2 and Six is nights 3 and 4. Theoretically this shouldn't affect my night 3 reservation right?

1 hour ago, MittenCruises said:

I got that too for my May 17 sailing. The reservation is still there when I view the vacation summary. Does this mean I need to make a second reservation for a different day? I'm pretty sure when I first made reservations Burn the Floor was available on nights 2 and 4 and Six was available nights 3 and 5. Now Burn the Floor is only night 2 and Six is nights 3 and 4. Theoretically this shouldn't affect my night 3 reservation right?

?? 

If you received the cancellation email for your Six reservation why would you believe your night 3 was still intact? If they cancelled your reservation then you have no reservation regardless of night 3, 6, 1, etc 

9 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

?? 

If you received the cancellation email for your Six reservation why would you believe your night 3 was still intact? If they cancelled your reservation then you have no reservation regardless of night 3, 6, 1, etc 

As I said, it's still listed as a reservation in my vacation summary. If I go to make a new reservation, the night and time I already reserved is still an option on the drop-down menu. Instead of a check box next to my name it says "purchased". Either the letter or their website is wrong. 

Oh well I'm reserved for both nights now.

Hello, I received this as well for my April 11 sail date, I called the CAS and they changed the date. However, they still showed it playing on the date originally chosen.  I am sure once NCL updates the website you are able to choose another date. Hope this helps, Happy sailing everyone

Can you correlate with other passengers if reservations from BOTH nights got cancellation letters, or just ONE of the nights?

The reservation systems are pretty slow to update.  If new show dates show up you may need to call to get the old one removed so you can make a new reservation.

But worst case, get it done right after you board.  In 5 voyages on Breakway I only saw the theater full to capacity for one show for Rock of Ages.  The trick is coordinating with any dinner reservations you may have made!

I booked Six and Jersey Boys for my Bliss Cruise the first day reservations were available. I got the same email, went back online and rebooked a few days later. It has been almost a month and I am still schedule for both my original and new dates and times. 

Sorry that you won't get to see it on board.  We don't usually go to shows anymore but we heard it was good and it was EXCELLENT.  I wouldn't have understood it if my sister hadn't explained it to me prior.  We heard they were going to Broadway but you know how rumors spread.  

38 minutes ago, BEACHBARB said:

We heard they were going to Broadway but you know how rumors spread.  

Six began previews on Broadway on Feb. 13, and is scheduled to open on March 12.  I think you can be pretty sure it's not the cruise ship cast.   😁

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BEACHBARB said:

We heard they were going to Broadway but you know how rumors spread.

Broadway is just one of the many new places this show is popping up.  There's a touring show in the US as well.  NCL JUST switched 3 ships over to running SIX, starting with the Bliss in August last year, I highly doubt it's entirely cancelled on the line already as that would have been quite the time and money investment for 6 months or less when shows are typically run for about 5 years on ships.  As noted by others, this was likely a shuffling of the days it's being shown rather than a full-on cancellation of the show on the ship.

Same happened to us on our November cruise. It was just the show that night was cancelled and had to see it another night. Wasn’t impressed with it though. Would have preferred to see Rock of Ages for a 3rd time. Back on Breakaway in May but won’t be booking Six

Sent from my iPhone using Forums