Cruise Critic Community
suizas

Luggage Tag Oddity

So, Mom (Platinum) and I (Diamond) embark on the Oasis this Sunday.  I am the primary passenger and did all the booking, etc.  Question is this: the luggage tags for our stateroom say "Platinum" member on all of them.  Don't you think it's odd that since I made the reservation and am one more level up than my mom, that they wouldn't say "Diamond?"  

susan

Have seen this posted before. Whether it’s an oddity or not, it makes absolutely no difference what level is on the luggage tag. Your bags will not be treated differently or delivered earlier if the tags said Diamond.

11 minutes ago, suizas said:

So, Mom (Platinum) and I (Diamond) embark on the Oasis this Sunday.  I am the primary passenger and did all the booking, etc.  Question is this: the luggage tags for our stateroom say "Platinum" member on all of them.  Don't you think it's odd that since I made the reservation and am one more level up than my mom, that they wouldn't say "Diamond?"  

susan

Not really, plus you are two tier levels up from your mom. 😉

Why does it matter? (serious question) I never even noticed that was on the tag before.  I'm Diamond too. Do the bags get some sort of priority? 

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Not really, plus you are two tier levels up from your mom. 😉

oh yeah!  whoops a daisy!! 

17 minutes ago, suizas said:

susan

As long as your Set Sail Pass and your Ship card shows Diamond you are good to go...

I have had that happen before when someone at a different level went with me, but not a biggie.  Doesn't happen very often and it really doesn't matter as long as your cabin number is correct

It is always like this - it defaults to the tier of the lowest level in the cabin irrespective of which name/tier is first on the booking!

When I travelled with a first timer last week, my status was blank.... it doesn't matter. 

29 minutes ago, CraigG said:

Why does it matter? (serious question) I never even noticed that was on the tag before.  I'm Diamond too. Do the bags get some sort of priority? 

It doesn't matter and no priority luggage delivery. 

52 minutes ago, CraigG said:

It's a big deal all the Diamond bags get to hang out with the other Diamond bags and brag about how many times they have been stacked on top of others 🤣

38 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Who prints our luggage tags anymore?

We do unless we're on Celebrity and then we just order the mailer version.

I print out the luggage tags, too.

Maybe people just have the porters write them, or they have high enough status to ask for them to be sent. 

6 hours ago, Hogbay said:

It's a big deal all the Diamond bags get to hang out with the other Diamond bags and brag about how many times they have been stacked on top of others 🤣

Not on MJ

The only thing that impacts luggage is Pinnacle and The Key. 

If we donot check bags thru on ship . You do not need baggage tags . We sometimes pack carry on and medium size 25+- inch baggage and walk everything on . Without tags . We check in after 1:00 and go straight to cabin . 

My luggage tags always have the wrong CAS status on them.  It makes no difference so I don't worry about it.