Speciality coffee

yvrbos

Where can you be served speciality coffees such as a cappuccino nothing crazy fancy? Do they serve them in the MDR? Can you get them at other locations other than the speciality coffee bar? I am trying to decide if we should get the drink package. We are not big drinkers, but we do love our speciality coffees. If we can get them with breakfast and dinner that might make it worth it.

5 minutes ago, yvrbos said:

Where can you be served speciality coffees such as a cappuccino nothing crazy fancy? Do they serve them in the MDR? Can you get them at other locations other than the speciality coffee bar? I am trying to decide if we should get the drink package. We are not big drinkers, but we do love our speciality coffees. If we can get them with breakfast and dinner that might make it worth it.

They will serve you cappuccino in the dining room.  They will get you a cappuccino almost anywhere waiters are serving you.  🙂

12 minutes ago, Slyfox16 said:

With the beverage package, what qualifies as a speciality coffee and what kind of coffee do they use?

Both alcoholic (Irish etc.) and cappuccino, latte, and espresso as well as Cafe Americano.  They use Lavazzo in the Oceanview, and I seem to recall Lavazzo espresso, but not positive.

Edited by kenevenpar

28 minutes ago, talljules1 said:

We find the coffee in Oceanview to be pretty dire, but the coffee at Al Bacio is good.   My first trip of the morning is usually go get coffees and clamato.

To be clear, they do not have what we call coffee at Al Bacio.  The closest is Cafe Americano.

For large quantity coffee service, I don't mind the Lavazzo brand coffee in Oceanview; to each their own.  I then switch over to Americano when Al's opens.

16 hours ago, talljules1 said:

No.  Not in the same container. Eww.

In Canada, we mix our Clamato with Vodka and put a tall celery stick in to mix and eat.  We call it  a "Caesar!" Breakfast of Champions.....kinda like the Bloody Mary for our American friends.  😉

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, yvrbos said:

Thank you everyone for your input. Does anyone know what time Al Bacio opens in the am? Will we be able to get our morning coffee?

Also do they have iced coffee?

Yes, they have iced coffee!  I get mine with a shot of coconut flavoring!

17 hours ago, kenevenpar said:

To be clear, they do not have what we call coffee at Al Bacio.  The closest is Cafe Americano.

For large quantity coffee service, I don't mind the Lavazzo brand coffee in Oceanview; to each their own.  I then switch over to Americano when Al's opens.

Not sure what you're thinking here. The coffee in Al Bacio is also Lavazza brand. Cafe Americano is simply coffee with cream or milk and not a brand as your post suggests.

The machines found in Oceanview make drip-type coffee, such as the results from your Mr. Coffee machine at home whereas cafe Al Bacio makes espresso that is then watered down and cream added to make the Americano.

8 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

Not sure what you're thinking here. The coffee in Al Bacio is also Lavazza brand. Cafe Americano is simply coffee with cream or milk and not a brand as your post suggests.

The machines found in Oceanview make drip-type coffee, such as the results from your Mr. Coffee machine at home whereas cafe Al Bacio makes espresso that is then watered down and cream added to make the Americano.

Caffè Americano (also known as Americano or American; Italian pronunciation: [kafˈfɛ ameriˈkaːno]; Spanish: café americano, literally American coffee) is a type of coffee drink prepared by diluting an espresso with hot water, giving it a similar strength to, but different flavor from, traditionally brewed coffee.

8 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

It is my understanding that the Lavazzo blend they use in Al Bacio is a Lavazzzo Espresso blend, but I could be wrong as to brand, but it IS espresso. Cafe Americano is Espresso and hot water, and entirely different flavor than drip type coffee.

Caffè Americano (also known as Americano or American; Italian pronunciation: [kafˈfɛ ameriˈkaːno]; Spanish: café americano, literally American coffee) is a type of coffee drink prepared by diluting an espresso with hot water, giving it a similar strength to, but different flavor from, traditionally brewed coffee.

Thus endeth the lesson LOL

10 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

...and both posts are redundant as they are just confirming mine!

Both also miss the point that I was making in that both use the same brand of coffee and Americano is a TYPE of drink and not a brand unto itself.

I guess we all have to be correct.  Enough said, thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, yvrbos said:

Thank you everyone for your input. Does anyone know what time Al Bacio opens in the am? Will we be able to get our morning coffee?

Also do they have iced coffee?

Al Bacio opens early (I believe at 6am).& stays open until late night.

Here is the menu https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/bars-and-lounges/al-bacio

Edited by mike30542
More info
  • Like 1