Celebrity Elite-Does Status Transfer?

teacherman

We have just booked our first Azamara cruise.  I tried to find this information on the Azamara web site but could not.  We have Diamond Plus level on RCCL and Elite level on Celebrity.  Do those somehow "transfer" into the Azamara loyalty program?  If so, are there any additional "perks" while on board?  How do I get the loyalty level transferred to Azamara?  Our first booking with Azamara, so I have a lot to learn.  Any information/advice is welcome.  Thank you.

Your Celebrity Captain's Club number is the same as your LCV number on Azamara. When I "signed up" for LCV, I think this is all I had to provide to get my account set up on the Azamara site. You can check the various levels of perks on the Azamara website. One of the 3 sites has the "conversion" info.

Robin

If your Celebrity Elite is based on reciprocity from RC, things will play out differently than if it is based on accumulating points strictly with Celebrity. To wit: Celebrity and  Azamara accumulate points together while RC and Azamara offer reciprocity only. .  https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/loyalty-reciprocity-program

Thank you for the link.  It appears that Elite equals Discoverer and the "big" benefits are 90 free wifi minutes (pretty good) and one bag of free laundry each 7 days (which we get on Celebrity) but Azamara has a free laundry room so I don't know how this works.  On Celebrity, we also get a complimentary Happy Hour each day, but that does not matter on Azamara.  I will contact Azamara and give them my Celebrity number.  Thanks again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, teacherman said:

Thank you for the link.  It appears that Elite equals Discoverer and the "big" benefits are 90 free wifi minutes (pretty good) and one bag of free laundry each 7 days (which we get on Celebrity) but Azamara has a free laundry room so I don't know how this works.  On Celebrity, we also get a complimentary Happy Hour each day, but that does not matter on Azamara.  I will contact Azamara and give them my Celebrity number.  Thanks again.

As a clarification, each 7 days you can fill one free bag of laundry per stateroom, not, as on Celebrity, per cruiser with the required status.

As you note, there is a free laundry room for your use. That may help to explain the difference in policy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, teacherman said:

They are also trialling an LCV discount on unlimited internet packages. Discoverer level was 50% off on my most recent cruise taken last month.  Assuming unlimited internet doesn’t come with your booking (offers from time to time have it) and you are happy to pay for the balance of the cost then that may be a better way to go.  90 minutes sounds a lot, but with ship internet speed the way it is it won’t last long and logging on and off and watching your watch as those minutes tick by?  Not for me!  

If you have experience of ship laundry on Celebrity then Azamara is better.  It’s all “dry fold” on Celebrity.  On Azamara shirts come back pressed and on hangers.  I have found the laundry room a zoo whenever I’ve been there and not a relaxing experience, but some seem to like the social aspect of it.

Phil

6 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

They are also trialling an LCV discount on unlimited internet packages. Discoverer level was 50% off on my most recent cruise taken last month.  Assuming unlimited internet doesn’t come with your booking (offers from time to time have it) and you are happy to pay for the balance of the cost then that may be a better way to go.  90 minutes sounds a lot, but with ship internet speed the way it is it won’t last long and logging on and off and watching your watch as those minutes tick by?  Not for me!  

If you have experience of ship laundry on Celebrity then Azamara is better.  It’s all “dry fold” on Celebrity.  On Azamara shirts come back pressed and on hangers.  I have found the laundry room a zoo whenever I’ve been there and not a relaxing experience, but some seem to like the social aspect of it.

Phil

With some planning, I’d say more often than not we have found the laundry room either unoccupied or perhaps one other person or couple in it. When that happens usually there is a friendly  encounter.

However, Phil is correct. When people are on a mission and the room is crowded it can be very tense in there. Individuals may assertively tell you about their “system”, their ownership rights for banks of equipment, and thus why you won’t be using a machine any time soon nor do you deserve to,

We find it best to beat a retreat rather than try to engage. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nordski said:

With some planning, I’d say more often than not we have found the laundry room either unoccupied or perhaps one other person or couple in it. When that happens usually there is a friendly  encounter.

However, Phil is correct. When people are on a mission and the room is crowded it can be very tense in there. Individuals may assertively tell you about their “system”, their ownership rights for banks of equipment, and thus why you won’t be using a machine any time soon nor do you deserve to,

We find it best to beat a retreat rather than try to engage. 😄

The last cruise I was on there was one person apparently who was doing their monthly laundry and using all the machines. 

Phil 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The last cruise I was on there was one person apparently who was doing their monthly laundry and using all the machines. 

Phil 

Was that the same person who was on our second-last cruise?

Like any good officer she seized the position in front of the objective and, detailing her plan,  virtually dared me to attempt a pointless counter-offer or negotiation.

And encounters like that can certainly overwhelm memories of co-operation and conciliation.

The ship could introduce some “rules” for using the service. I’m certain she would ignore them.

But I reiterate, most of my encounters have been friendly and often humorous as laundry advice is shared in various languages. 

Edited by nordski
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, teacherman said:

There is no daily happy hour on Azamara  as alcohol is included for everyone. So, every hour is happy 😄. Have a great cruise!

• Like 2