Happy Hour on Nieuw Statendam is now two hours!

Alberta Quilter

29 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Just checked our When & Where. Happy Hour is from 4 pm to 6 pm in ALL open bars. Glad it’s not limited to just one or two places. 

Guess where we’ll be shortly!

Glad to hear this is being continued after Vict0riann reported it when it started 🙂 

I can certainly guess where you will be 😄 

1 hour ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Just checked our When & Where. Happy Hour is from 4 pm to 6 pm in ALL open bars. Glad it’s not limited to just one or two places. 

We'll be Onboard on Sunday!  That's a nice change for sure! 🍷🍸🍷

I am pleased to hear this.  Being available in all of the open Lounges is an important improvement as well as the extension of the time.  But....

One possible negative:  on both my recent Eurodam and Volendam cruises, a "family of HH cruisers" developed at the ships' Ocean Bar.  It made HH more fun to re-connect daily with new found friends!  (Only the Ocean Bar and the Crow's Nest had HH during those two cruises.)  And, the relationship that we developed with the Ocean Bar's Bartenders and (on the Eurodam--Nino, the Assistant Beverage Manager) only added to the enjoyment of HH.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alberta Quilter said:

It was the same on Koningsdam on my last cruise (late November, early December 2019).  Although it says all lounges, it does not include Tamarind Bar or Grand Dutch Cafe, as those are considered "restaurants".  In the case of Tamarind Bar I guess it's part of the restaurant, but I was hoping for it to be included 😉

No hors d'oeuvres, but plenty are available self-serve in Billboard.  I don't remember if we did happy hour anywhere else, but I never saw any being brought around on little plates by stewards on that cruise.

Hope someone chimes in from Nieuw Amsterdam - would like to see the 2 hour HHs on her next month!

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

No hors d'oeuvres, but plenty are available self-serve in Billboard

When I sailed on Nieuw Statendam in January, 2019, there were some goodies, but few tempted me.  Not the same "signature of excellence" experience of having such served when I have to "serve myself".  The hors d'oeuvres offered on Volendam and Eurodam in December/January were of a higher quality than what I saw on the Billboard buffet on NS.

17 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

When I sailed on Nieuw Statendam in January, 2019, there were some goodies, but few tempted me.  Not the same "signature of excellence" experience of having such served when I have to "serve myself".  The hors d'oeuvres offered on Volendam and Eurodam in December/January were of a higher quality than what I saw on the Billboard buffet on NS.

True - they don't compare.  It's rare (maybe once in 10 or 11 nights) that there will be something I'd eat, but I chalk it up to being a picky eater and go back to the jar of peanuts 😉  Usually the plated hors d'oeuvres were too weird for me, although I do enjoy the bitterballen, spring rolls, and chicken strips.  Anything seafood is a no-go for me.

One thought I've had is to order the Dutch "snack" from Grand Dutch Cafe and carry it over to happy hour - just haven't ever done it.

Sue/WDW1972

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

On the NS this December, what does their HH consist of? Is it buy one get one half off or buy one get one free like Princess?

It’s buy one, get the second drink for $2 fleet wide.

Yes only three for three and I’d say they were about a square inch in size, maybe a little bigger. It took a while for them to be served due to the volume of beverages served first. We weren’t fussed about it because of the bitterballen we got elsewhere and the fact that we were going to Canaletto for dinner.  We had plenty!

Was on NS Feb 2-9.  HH was indeed in all bars.  Never heard if it was 2 hours.  Just looked at the When & Where and it just shows it starting at 4 but no ending time.  The food bar on NS Billboard is in a different location than K'dam.  Too many hands reaching for food made us decided to do HH at Crows Nest.  Funny side note.  DW would get her 2 Bloody Mary's.  The spear for the olives was an uncooked spaghetti noodle.  They are REALLY carrying the environmental thing to everything.  The noodle was pretty fragile and ended up breaking in the glass.

4 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

HAL really should serve a plate of appetizers to each person when there are only 3 tiny items on a plate.

As a solo cruiser, that is what they do.  If it's a couple, I would think that the Steward would provide second plate.  Often, "seconds", etc. are available if one would only ask.