early move up bid?

39august

14 minutes ago, 39august said:

we received  a move up offer today for May 2. Ixn't that awfully early? There is currently only 1 suite available. Any ideas on why so early?

Interesting, I want to move up but didn't get the email.  

Good luck.

I was able to place a move-up bid at exactly 60 day prior to cruise for 3 cruises starting in March.  I also did that on one that I won but was not notified of my win until 12 days prior to the cruise.  

If you don't get an invite you can try at this link -

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

1 hour ago, MEcruzr said:

I just checked my reservation for May 2nd... no move up offer there. What ship are you on??

Stacy,

No Move-Up offer on my reservation either.  I'm in a SS on the May 2 sailing and then moving to a RS on the May 9 sailing.  Chances are slim to none that I'll be able to snag the same RS on the May 2 sailing because it seems like the only suite available on May 2 is the PH.  As much as I love that SM PH, I can't imagine myself in it sailing single.  Way to big for one person.  But I would love if a RS person put a bid on the PH and moved out of the RS so I can move into it.  Wishful thinking.....

Janice

10 hours ago, jcpc said:

Stacy,

No Move-Up offer on my reservation either.  I'm in a SS on the May 2 sailing and then moving to a RS on the May 9 sailing.  Chances are slim to none that I'll be able to snag the same RS on the May 2 sailing because it seems like the only suite available on May 2 is the PH.  As much as I love that SM PH, I can't imagine myself in it sailing single.  Way to big for one person.  But I would love if a RS person put a bid on the PH and moved out of the RS so I can move into it.  Wishful thinking.....

Janice

Obviously the PH and RS are hard to snag. Suggest just going to the Celebrity MoveUp webpage and entering your reservation number and last name. It is available on most cruises 60 days out.

I am new to X and curious about this move up bidding. Does this mean X does not do any free upgrades to available higher categories like other cruise lines? On NCL we got moved up free to a mini suite from a standard balcony cabin, on HAL we received free upgrades on almost every cruise.  Next year we are in A1 AQ on the Infinity so I am not expecting any upgrade because the Sky Suite would be the next up category, but I might bid on one if it is reasonable.

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was able to place a move-up bid at exactly 60 day prior to cruise for 3 cruises starting in March.  I also did that on one that I won but was not notified of my win until 12 days prior to the cruise.  

If you don't get an invite you can try at this link -

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

Thanks for posting!  I didn't get an invitation to upgrade but used your link and put in our info and it worked!

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I am new to X and curious about this move up bidding. Does this mean X does not do any free upgrades to available higher categories like other cruise lines? On NCL we got moved up free to a mini suite from a standard balcony cabin, on HAL we received free upgrades on almost every cruise.  Next year we are in A1 AQ on the Infinity so I am not expecting any upgrade because the Sky Suite would be the next up category, but I might bid on one if it is reasonable.

Celebrity did offer free upgrades. They were rare. Offered only when they were unsold as of the day before sailing. Have only met one person who ever got a free upgrade.

The marketing plan for X eliminated those empty cabins in the past be reducing pricing.  Down on an upcoming TA as low as $389. Those final payments were due before Corona was so huge.

Now that people can cancell without penalty - understand UK and non refundable fares - Celebrity is getting lots of cancellations and new bookings are down by over 40%. Thus Moveup is out early.

13 hours ago, jcpc said:

Stacy,

Janice

We are in a RS... depending on the offers for the PH (if it's still available), we might both get what we want. LOL What RS are you in on the May 9th cruise? 

5 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Celebrity did offer free upgrades. They were rare. Offered only when they were unsold as of the day before sailing. Have only met one person who ever got a free upgrade.

The marketing plan for X eliminated those empty cabins in the past be reducing pricing.  Down on an upcoming TA as low as $389. Those final payments were due before Corona was so huge.

Now that people can cancell without penalty - understand UK and non refundable fares - Celebrity is getting lots of cancellations and new bookings are down by over 40%. Thus Moveup is out early.

Years ago we got upgraded at the pier from a regular balcony cabin to a Sky Suite. We found out when we were checking in... she punched in our cabin number, looked at my mom and me and said you don't look like a Dave and John. Scared us because we thought X had double booked our cabin. She said let me check on this and walked away... came back with a huge grin on her face and said I have your seapass cards... they were at the suite checkin table. 🙂 X was smart that day. We haven't booked anything but a suite since. LOL

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Can you share how you've come by this statistic?  Would this be Asia bookings or all bookings?  

I use 2 TAs. The owners stated simply that bookings are down over 40%. As for Asia there are almost none. People at least for a while are afraid to cruise. CNN and BBC have both covered Corona and said the same thing. During SARS bookings to Asia stopped and others had a big drop for some months.

For Asia there is both concern as to how long travel will be restricted and Japan cruises during the Olympics fully booked. Will know when final payment comes up for those the short term future in Asia.

I am a TA that handles domestic hotels for antique car rallies.  This summer in the USA has strong bookings and higher rates than 2019. I do not book cruises.

• Thanks 1

We will be cruising shortly on 3 cruises that are in Feb and Mar.  All are sold out except for the  lower categories.  I have been receiving emails almost everyday to move up with the same starting minimum bids do so.   No intention of moving up and don’t see the advantage for the extra cost if we did get one.  

We have the cabin, location and price that we like and are comfortable with.  Moving up to a unknown cabin location for an extra cost of at least $100/day isn’t worth it for us as it wasn’t worth the extra when we booked that would have been for less and received the perks. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I was offered a MoveUp invitation for a Caribbean sailing in March, before the coronavirus outbreak so that had nothing to do with why we got the invitation way early. No idea why we did, but we chose to bid.

Then my TA was able to upgrade us for free during a price drop so we'll never know if we were likely to get it.

6 hours ago, az_tchr said:

Obviously the PH and RS are hard to snag. Suggest just going to the Celebrity MoveUp webpage and entering your reservation number and last name. It is available on most cruises 60 days out.

The Celebrity MoveUp webpage indicates the sailing date must be within 30 days of the date you enter your information. 

I booked a cruise yesterday for an inside guarantee.  I looked today and I am already assigned a room.  Seems really quick.  On a previous cruise I called and they gave me a new room with no hassle.  All I had to do was ask (same category).  

Does Celebrity still move you if you ask with a guaranteed assignment?  What is the best way to do this?

Thanks.