A brief review for the nonagenarian demographic

sunsetsoon

47 minutes ago, jaxw17 said:

Well you have me gripped loving in and cant wait for the next instalment.

I wonder what my Mum would make of cruising. She died so young at 56. She would have been nearer your age now. I am also 62 so will you  be my surrogate Mum for the duration of the report. I know I am from the UK but we will pretend I have lived there for a while.

Loving it. 

Done! Consider me your surrogate Mum. It's perfectly fine that you are from the UK.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

@jaxw17, I love your idea!  I, too, lost my mom way too soon (she was 65 when she passed), so am hoping @sunsetsoon will 'adopt' me as well 🙂 @sunsetsoon, you and your posts and your attitude are AWESOME :-).  

You are officially adopted. Aprille is already doing research for our next cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oh my, just fantastic!  You are 90 years old (I'm 30 behind you), you cruise, you drive AND you know how to quote on CC!  I'm in love!  

Your writing style is wonderful, I am so hooked!  Thank you so much for sharing with us!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vamartha said:

Oh my, just fantastic!  You are 90 years old (I'm 30 behind you), you cruise, you drive AND you know how to quote on CC!  I'm in love!  

Your writing style is wonderful, I am so hooked!  Thank you so much for sharing with us!

This!!  So enjoying your writing and your zest for life. U r my heroine also!! 

Hey guys. I'm back! I ran into a wall of After Cruise Fatique yesterday afternoon and have slept a lot since then. I woke up at 6:30 - panicked because I never sleep that late - rushed to the freezer to get my morning muffin, nuked it for 32 seconds and had eaten half of it before I figured out it was 6:30 in the evening. Scary stuff. 

It's now 5:19 AM in Fritch TX and I'm all calm and back on schedule. I won't be eating a muffin this morning for the obvious reason but I will return in a short time to tell you about too many bottles of water and maybe we will talk about pickles too.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Aprille is our planner and organizer. And Marty and I both need a planner and organizer so that works out well for all of us.

The first thing Apille spotted in the living room was 24 bottles of water on the desk. She was pleased because she had pre-ordered 24 bottles of water. But then she saw 12 more bottles of water by the coffee maker. She was no longer pleased. She opened her folder containing her paper trail of everything pertaining to this cruise - she also keeps a digital trail - and could find no reason we would have an extra 12 bottles of water. Our nice butler, Yogi, came in about this time to introduce himself and see if we were happy. He had a big smile on his face until Aprille began questioning him about bottles of water. He seemed a bit confused but went on with his welcome routine which included showing us the refrigerator. He opened the door and we all stared in amazement at 12 more bottles of water. Aprille was in shock mode and I was in "try not to giggle" mode and Yogi was still confused. He really wanted us to be happy so he said "if you want more water I bring more water". Oh my!

Long story short - Aprille figured it out. She had ordered 24 liter bottles of water and remembered reading on CC that they substitute with 16 oz  bottles which doubles the amount of bottles that await you in your cabin. I was a bit concerned at this point because I knew I would be required to drink a lot of water in the next days. But I didn't let it ruin my vacation. And there is an HEA to this tale. We had ONE bottle of water when we docked in NO 9 days later. I didn't giggle - I laughed out loud. And we became good friends with Yogi aka Hugo.

I love and appreciate the responses I am getting. You make this nonagenarian very happy and have provided me with a new hobby. Aprille is already researching for another cruise so I will never run out of stuff to talk about.

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, KarlChilders said:

Well, you and Uncle Google taught me something today.  I didn't know that an HEA was a Happily Ever after.  Keep up the good work.

So happy to be able to contribute to your learning skills. I learned what HEA meant by reading too many romance novels on Kindle Unlimited. Oh my - that's probably TMI.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, sunsetsoon said:

So happy to be able to contribute to your learning skills. I learned what HEA meant by reading too many romance novels on Kindle Unlimited. Oh my - that's probably TMI.

Hey, gotta do something to keep the furnace burning! Maybe that is what's keeping you young! 😉

Edited by KarlChilders
typo
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

This is my favorite thread I have ever read on these forums. Thank you so much for posting!

Thank YOU so much for the kind words. I have read many of your posts too. You seem to know a lot about a lot of stuff and I trust your info. I have posted very little until now and must say - I'm having lots of fun.

• Like 5

I must tell you. I have been reading these trip reports for years now. Always a lurker, never comment. I get so much valuable information through here, and weed through the ones that nobody could make happy. You are wonderful. I had to reply for the 1st time ever to say- keep this hobby up! I could read this forever! Thank you

• Like 4