A brief review for the nonagenarian demographic

sunsetsoon

On 2/19/2020 at 8:40 AM, KarlChilders said:

Well, you and Uncle Google taught me something today.  I didn't know that an HEA was a Happily Ever after.  Keep up the good work.

I had to think about it too but the earlier Disney references helped!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, meatball_nyc said:

There are no words to describe how much of a rock star you are.    You’ve convinced me to do the Canvas By U on our next trip..

I'm delighted that I've convinced you to do Canvas By U. My paintings are my favorite souvenirs - except for the tulips,

8 hours ago, worktocruise610 said:

Please don't say it's over!!!! I'm sure you can think of more stories to tell us - how were the officers, what was your favorite drink, how was the weather - anything just please don't stop writing!!! 😁

Okay calm down. Apparently it's not quite over because I'm b-a-a-a-c-k. I've decided to pop in from time to time especially since Aprille is feeling like joining me. Here's a weather report - it was pouring down rain when we docked in NO. I happen to love rain. I live in the panhandle of Texas where it seldom rains. Aprille and Marty - not so much - they live in Houston where it rains a lot. But everything was running on schedule. I'm going to tell you about my trip home in a later post.

5 hours ago, ashleyriley said:

Best. Review. Ever. Our girl needs her own YouTube channel doing cruise reviews. Thanks for the inspiration. I need to show this to my father who says he is "too old" to cruise.

Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm having so much fun with this - makes me wonder if I should have chosen writing instead of painting as my nonagenarian career. And to be perfectly honest, my paintings aren't that great but I love them. I do hope you can persuade your father to cruise. I think it's the perfect vacation for us older folk.

I'm going to the bank today to deposit my excess cash. I always take more than I expect to spend because you never know how much you will be required to tip the pusher at the NO airport.

• Like 17
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I think all of us here on CC should start a crowd funding campaign to send you on more cruises so you can keep posting your reviews!

Thanks for that thought but remember I still have that 3rd person free thing going on with Aprille and Marty so long as I can persuade Marty he gets a better deal with the UDP.

I've had so much fun doing this review I may never stop - thanks to the many responses like yours.

• Like 9

I will be going on the Getaway in March with my daughter and have thoroughly enjoyed your review! You are a wonderful and hilarious writer!  My husband isn't coming along this trip, and has still enjoyed your review as well. We've spent the past 2 evenings reading your reviews and stories and have enjoyed them so much.  I agree with other posters, please continue to tell us more, about anything!  The ship, the service, your daily life, anything, you are so entertaining!  We are already using your phase "not letting that ruin our vacation".  I've sent a link of this "brief" review to my daughter and hope she has a chance to read it before our trip, as I'm sure there will be things that happen that we can decide not to let it ruin our vacation.  I will be looking forward to reading more of stories and experiences!

• Like 2

You can still make writing your nonagenarian career. Unless you’re thinking of applying at Dairy Queen, then you probably wouldn’t have time.  I’d be glad to read about your every day life any old time. 

Ive been doing a review of my recent cruise on the Epic and I think I will use your catch phrase of not letting it ruin your vacation on my next posting, unless you object.  

• Like 5

Marty and I had laundry done late in the cruise. It wasn't until we got home that we discovered he apparently lost about 75lbs on a cruise! I feel sorry for the guy who got Marty's shorts. LOL!

So, he lost a pair of shorts. We didn't let it ruin our vacation. ☺️

big shorts.jpg

• Like 23
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, sunsetsoon said:

Thanks for that thought but remember I still have that 3rd person free thing going on with Aprille and Marty so long as I can persuade Marty he gets a better deal with the UDP.

I've had so much fun doing this review I may never stop - thanks to the many responses like yours.

Please post whenever and whatever you'd like---we are ALL enjoying your review.  On upcoming cruises, we'll remember you said "not to let anything ruin our vacation".👍

• Like 3

On 2/17/2020 at 6:20 PM, Aprille said:

mimmy52 asks: If I’m not being too nosy, can you share Aprille’s age? Or about what is is?

Aprille's age will be 62 in 5 days. My husband Marty, will be 65 in October.

We had a great time on this cruise. Mom and I don't even get off the ship. Marty gets off at every port and usually snorkels or just walks around the port. He climbed Dunns River Falls this year and I think his age is finally catching up with him. He was whooped and man enough to admit.

Loving the review so far, Mom! Keep it comin' and I'll comment along the way.

Aprille (sunsetsoon's daughter)

P.S. I leave it to Mom to tell the "sisters" stories. 😲

I also absolutely loved your review. I’m sure it was the best & most entertaining I’ve ever read.

I live in Turkey so with the time difference, it was my first stop to check if you had done any updates with my first coffee of the morning.

Please don’t stop.

• Like 1

Well that was a fun time!  Thanks a bunch.  I'll have to have my 87 years young mom read this.  We'll be spending her 88th on a NCL cruise in April. We are aft people.  As mom says: "once you go aft you never go back".