50 Year Celebration/Sailabration..I would like to see

eltigre

21 hours ago, eltigre said:

Please add your "wish" to the list;  please be reasonable and who knows we might  just get it!

I'll start with the  Baked Alaska Parade at dinner.

They did that last week on the Conquest.  It was a quick run-through but they did it.  I want to say it was on the second elegant night but I don't remember for sure.  It was delicious too!

• Like 1

I would love to see some outstanding discounts for long time Carnival cruisers...We are the ones that have stuck with them and helped them stay The Fun Ships for all of these years...I love my Carnival 🥰 show me some love back😍.

• Like 3

the one thing they won't bring back: The Male Nightgown Contest.   Funny how back in the mid 80's this was a regular feature and now , in a more accepting time when drag queens, etc. are part of pop culture, they would not bring this hilarious contest back for fear of offending someone.    Glad I started sailing in the days of male vs female beer chugging, pillow fights,  male nightgown contest,  pool games, etc.   

• Like 2

On 2/18/2020 at 5:19 PM, 1BDNANA said:

I would love to see some outstanding discounts for long time Carnival cruisers...We are the ones that have stuck with them and helped them stay The Fun Ships for all of these years...I love my Carnival 🥰 show me some love back😍.

OH yes.  Wouldn't it be sweet if they offered...if you first sailed with Carnival in 1972-1979  50%  1980-1989  40% off   1990-1999  30% off   2000-2009 20% off  2010-2019 10% off.  It might be hard to prove you sailed in the 70's & 80's and they would have to maybe qualify  that you have sailed X amount of times to get the discount  OR offer the discount on specialty dining or something else!

Edited by ChosenOne
added word

Captain’s Cocktail Party, I think that’s what they called it. It was held in the showroom and was the hour before dinner for early and late seating on the first formal night. The Captain was at the door when you walked in for a meet and greet handshake and photo. Once inside there were CWs, sorry I mean servers walking around with drinks on trays and it lasted about an hour. The drinks were free! 

I think the only time I remember doing this was our first cruise in 1991, the hubby and I were celebrating our 15th anniversary. We will be on the Panorama for the 50th Sailabration celebrating our 46th, bring back the Captain’s Cocktail Party, we need another photo and free drinks, lol! 

Edited by LaRue1975
  • Like 2

You know, there is actually a Sailabration of sorts now listed for some cruises. They are called Fun Ship Meet Ups, where several Carnival ships meet up in the Caribbean for some sort of celebration. Not sure if it’s just for the Mardi Gras ship, but I thought it looked unique. 

10 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

You know, there is actually a Sailabration of sorts now listed for some cruises. They are called Fun Ship Meet Ups, where several Carnival ships meet up in the Caribbean for some sort of celebration. Not sure if it’s just for the Mardi Gras ship, but I thought it looked unique. 

It’s not just the Mardi Gras, all the Carnival ships will have a meet up with other Carnival ships. Lots of other fun stuff is planned, looks really fun to me. I am already booked! 

https://www.carnival.com/carnival-sailabration-cruises.aspx

Table clothes back on the tables.  Chocolate on the pillow, and don't ask me if I want morning OR evening cabin service, give me both, and just to make sure that you can?  Have enough staff, so that none of them burn out!

Oh, and on the night of the party?  When all of our ships meet up?  Fireworks (handled carefully).  We are looking forward to this cruise!

I do agree with free room service too.

• Like 3