Question about the Allure

Giantfan13

We are sailing the Allure, TA on March 1. We have booked an inside cabin, mid ship, I believe on deck 9. Now we received the 'bid on an upgraded cabin' for this cruise. Since this is our first time on the Allure, we really know nothing about the cabins. Price wise we still would like to stay in an inside cabin, but they offered several cheap upgrades. Like what is a 'Neighborhood view' inside. That is available for like $20 PP more? 

And, I guess, my main question is, if you do this upgrade, can they assign you a cabin anywhere on the ship, like right up front or all the way aft and on any level. We like where our present cabin is located and for a TA, we want to be mid ship. Should we really forget anything about upgrades?

Cheers

Len

1 minute ago, Giantfan13 said:

And, I guess, my main question is, if you do this upgrade, can they assign you a cabin anywhere on the ship, like right up front or all the way aft and on any level.

Should we really forget anything about upgrades?

Yes.

Not up for a surprise?

• Haha 1

Currently on a balcony on Allure and my advice is go for something with a window and natural light if you can. We stayed in an inside cabin once and swore to never do it again. To each one’s own of course but with all that’s going on right now can you imagine a quarantine situation and being stuck with no window at the very least?

17 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

We are sailing the Allure, TA on March 1. We have booked an inside cabin, mid ship, I believe on deck 9. Now we received the 'bid on an upgraded cabin' for this cruise. Since this is our first time on the Allure, we really know nothing about the cabins. Price wise we still would like to stay in an inside cabin, but they offered several cheap upgrades. Like what is a 'Neighborhood view' inside. That is available for like $20 PP more? 

And, I guess, my main question is, if you do this upgrade, can they assign you a cabin anywhere on the ship, like right up front or all the way aft and on any level. We like where our present cabin is located and for a TA, we want to be mid ship. Should we really forget anything about upgrades?

Cheers

Len

Deck 9 midships sounds perfect for an inside cabin on Allure.

We always have a midships oceon view balcony cabin on deck 8 on Oasis class ships including Allure as it is seconds from Central Park our favourite area on the ship.

Thanks for all who responded with those helpful suggestions. I guess it wasn't so much the question of what I would get for any upgrade I might want to bid on, but more the location. As I said, I just do not want to be all the way forward or aft while crossing the Atlantic. I purposely picked the cabin we are in for that reason. If I read the rules, if I submit a bid and it is accepted and they put me in a different cabin and location, I have no choice but to accept it even if I hate the location. Is that correct?

Cheers

Len

42 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

Thanks for all who responded with those helpful suggestions. I guess it wasn't so much the question of what I would get for any upgrade I might want to bid on, but more the location. As I said, I just do not want to be all the way forward or aft while crossing the Atlantic. I purposely picked the cabin we are in for that reason. If I read the rules, if I submit a bid and it is accepted and they put me in a different cabin and location, I have no choice but to accept it even if I hate the location. Is that correct?

Cheers

Len

I chose all the way aft on purpose. But not high

Oasis ships roll a lot more than they pitch

Lower is better since we'll be going a little slow

In my opinion

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I chose all the way aft on purpose. But not high

Oasis ships roll a lot more than they pitch

Lower is better since we'll be going a little slow

In my opinion

We just do not liker all the way aft as my DW is a very light sleeper and she says she hears the engines all the time. Happy wife, happy life, so prefer mid ship, especially if we are lower. 

Cheers

Len

52 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

We just do not liker all the way aft as my DW is a very light sleeper and she says she hears the engines all the time. Happy wife, happy life, so prefer mid ship, especially if we are lower. 

Cheers

Len

We like the gentle vibrations of the props

• Like 1

On relooking at the ships deck plans, we ended up submitting a bid on ''Neighborhood' inside with a view of the park. seems all of them are on Deck 9, basically mid ship. All the others are balconies.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Cheers

Len

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

On relooking at the ships deck plans, we ended up submitting a bid on ''Neighborhood' inside with a view of the park. seems all of them are on Deck 9, basically mid ship.

That is a pretty safe one to bid on as if you win the bid you are still guaranteed to be near mid ship.  

We always choose a cabin near the aft elevator banks.  We were at one of the furthest aft cabins once and it is no fun walking so far to your room.  If you have never been on an Oasis class... it is a long walk from one end of the ship to the other.  

Just now, thrifty99 said:

That is a pretty safe one to bid on as if you win the bid you are still guaranteed to be near mid ship.  

We always choose a cabin near the aft elevator banks.  We were at one of the furthest aft cabins once and it is no fun walking so far to your room.  If you have never been on an Oasis class... it is a long walk from one end of the ship to the other.  

Our present cabin is also on deck 9, right near the elevator. Thanks for the tip though, as we have never been on a ship this size and I do walk with a cane.

Cheers

Len

Here is a video I made on Oasis a few years ago walking at a brisk pace from one end of the ship to the other.  Gives you an idea of how big it is.  It took a little over 3 minutes.  I think the video is small enough to post here.  Sorry about the shaky video - before image stabilization was better on phones.

Edited by thrifty99

21 hours ago, thrifty99 said:

Here is a video I made on Oasis a few years ago walking at a brisk pace from one end of the ship to the other.  Gives you an idea of how big it is.  It took a little over 3 minutes.  I think the video is small enough to post here.  Sorry about the shaky video - before image stabilization was better on phones.

Oasis hallway compressed.mov 76.4 MB · 1 download

Ha----- I got tired just watching you.

Thanks

Cheers

Len

• Haha 1