Beach recommendations?

tangleroc

About a 20 minute walk, or a $5 per person cab ride from the port you can find exactly what you want - check out Harbor Lights or Lobster Alive.  Both rent chairs, shared umbrellas, offer good facilities, as well as full bar service and food options.  If you want water toys, etc. check out Boatyard or Pirates Cove.  All are located on Carlisle Bay with powder white sand and typically crystal clear water.

Carlisle Bay beaches are incredible.  We were just at The Boatyard last week.  $25 PP gets you a free drink, a free ride back to the ship, A beach lounger and umbrella and option to take the 45 min Turtle and ship wrench snorkel for free.  Drinks and food are not the cheapest but it was good.   

Pirates Cove is similar with no fee snorkel trip.  Probably less money.

Lobster Alive and Harbor Light are in the same area.  Probably less as well.  

I think all are excellent choices.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2020 at 3:30 AM, tangleroc said:

My wife wants a chair/umbrella and access to a real bathroom.  I want beautiful, clear water to swim in.  We’re headed to the Caribbean next week and would love to know the best beach to choose.  Thanks in advance!

To fully satisfy fully your requirements, then think it's would be ideal to contact the Coral Reef, ask for the availability of a day room taking lunch and drinks. Comfortable beds in the grounds and on the beach.

• 1 year later...

I recommend Accra Beach.  It's a short taxi ride and you can make arrangements for them to pick you up at a specific time.  My sisters and I love the waves there.  There is do drop off when you get in the water and you walk out and then you have to get past a few waves and then jump thru them.  We just love that beach!!!!!  You can rent chairs and umbrellas and there are a lot of food choices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Carlisle is a gorgeous beach but does tend to get pretty crowded.  I would love to go to a hotel beach where I could use the pool and have a beach lounger and I would buy lunch there.  Any suggestions?

Try Coral Reef….. note the taxi fare will be $30 e/w….. 

However, if seeking a great day, plus best bang for one’s Buck, consider a lunch sail with drinks etc on Elegance…. Plus they collect one and drop back

https://www.elegancebarbados.com

22 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Try Coral Reef….. note the taxi fare will be $30 e/w….. 

However, if seeking a great day, plus best bang for one’s Buck, consider a lunch sail with drinks etc on Elegance…. Plus they collect one and drop back

https://www.elegancebarbados.com

Thank you.  I've been on Silver Moon  3 times and Carlisle Beach the last time in Barbados so wanted to do something a bit different.  Used to do land trips to Barbados back in the late sixties and early 70's.

Will check out Coral Reef.  Did it have a different name before?  There were 3 hotels on the west coast that were connected and you could be at one and dine at all 3.

2 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Thank you.  I've been on Silver Moon  3 times and Carlisle Beach the last time in Barbados so wanted to do something a bit different.  Used to do land trips to Barbados back in the late sixties and early 70's.

Will check out Coral Reef.  Did it have a different name before?  There were 3 hotels on the west coast that were connected and you could be at one and dine at all 3.

Only visited the hotel since early 80’s, when we knew it as Coral Reef Beach Club.  Introduced by the Webb family. Dropped “Beach” ? 
The only hotels one can think of that offered sleep at one, dine at another, were those being part of the Elegant Group. But that was years ago and they may have changed, or not.  A missive to them will confirm.

Good luck….

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2020 at 7:49 AM, JohninDC said:

About a 20 minute walk, or a $5 per person cab ride from the port you can find exactly what you want - check out Harbor Lights or Lobster Alive.  Both rent chairs, shared umbrellas, offer good facilities, as well as full bar service and food options.  If you want water toys, etc. check out Boatyard or Pirates Cove.  All are located on Carlisle Bay with powder white sand and typically crystal clear water.

We have gone to Pirates Cove several times and liked it because it was not so crowded.  I read somewhere that it is permanently closed.  Does anyone know if this is true?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, VineyardsGal said:

My favorite was Pirates Cove.  Just looked it up and google says permanently closed!  Bummer... have to find a new beach club close to port.  Been to Boatyard but want to try some place different....any suggestions?

Something different?  Something special?  Then consider https://www.elegancebarbados.com

On 12/19/2022 at 9:39 AM, VineyardsGal said:

My favorite was Pirates Cove.  Just looked it up and google says permanently closed!  Bummer... have to find a new beach club close to port.  Been to Boatyard but want to try some place different....any suggestions?

A beach is permanently closed?

[EDIT] aah, it was a beach club…
So is that now a great beach destination because it’s less busy? 

Edited by blue_water

9 hours ago, blue_water said:

A beach is permanently closed?

[EDIT] aah, it was a beach club…
So is that now a great beach destination because it’s less busy? 

Less busy?  No

Any beach that is walkable from the ship, will be an extremely popular destination for S.H.T.

Remember, Carlyle Beach is also close to Condo Central for budget renters and Bridgetown locals.

Any walkable distance above 20 minutes, will show a drop in S.H.T., leaving the beaches to T’erds 

The further North one travels by cab, the less T’erds are seen.  No T’erds seen above a $25 fare.

Aah ok - so it was a beach bar located on Carlisle Beach. That’s a great choice if looking for a beach near the port after an excursion, or if you like that vibe. We prefer the less crowded beaches, but like tangleroc I do need lounges,  and a restroom. So like the Three Bears, looking for that beach that is “just right”!

We’ve not been in years, and the beach closest to town that we enjoyed then was Brighton and that was not busy then. But that was then…

The ships departed at midnight, and we also enjoyed dinner at a beach restaurant well up the coast with the tiny ship’s lights twinkling in the distance. I will look for that place in our notes from then. But any suggestions for that gorgeous beach with some amenities away from the port are appreciated.

• 3 months later...

Those pics of Carlisle Bay are stock pics,

some/most of them taken years ago but, tbh,

general conditions on CBay don't change much, over years,

other than the beach slowly gets wider and wider, incrementally!