Live from the Equinox

aml3679

It is hard to believe that it is already day 4 of our wonderful and relaxing long awaited cruise.

Embarcation:  easy peasy.  We made the 3.5 drive to Fort Lauderdale.  We used Park and Fly.  They dropped us off at the terminal where a porter was there to whisk off our bags.

Check in was easy.  They asked for a photo ID, express pass and your passport.  They asked if we have traveled, been to China or had a fever or cough.

You boarded according to class.  We were upgraded to Aqua 2 days before.  We were on board by 10:45 and were able to drop our belongings off in our stateroom and grab our sea passes.

We ate in Blu our first night and the food and service were outstanding.

You just said something that I was not aware of- you can drop off your carry on luggage at your cabin when you board?  That would be terrific. I am assuming the Sea Pass card is outside your door. 

We are sailing on the 29th, so any info you want to share would be great.

This is the new system being implemented when the ships are revolutionized.  You can drop off your bags in your cabin and then head back out to explore the ship, eat, drink, etc.  The cabins aren't ready that early, so it's just a matter of drop and go.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, aml3679 said:

They have stepped up the entertainmentalso.

What is the entertainment? That's what we're most concerned about on our upcoming  cruise in August. Glad to hear it is better.  It's the one thing we've seen others post over and over that was lacking. 

7 hours ago, helen haywood said:

And put wine in the fridge and passports in the safe!

I'm all for putting the wine in the fridge!  I have to say though I've been wondering about putting things in the safe if the cabin still isn't finished cleaned.  Just not sure I'm confident enough that the safe won't get emptied.

When I’ve sailed on Equinox and gone to the cabin to collect the SeaPass cards there has been a magnetic sticker on the door saying something like “Your cabin is still being prepared.”  At that point Celebrity is expecting you to access the cabin.  The safe is already open.  When your cabin attendant comes to finish the job they are not able to open the safe.  Nor at this hour would they call Security to open the safe.  

• Like 4

What is the entertainment? That's what we're most concerned about on our upcoming  cruise in August. Glad to hear it is better.  It's the one thing we've seen others post over and over that was lacking. 

They have a headliner called Topper in which we enjoyed. A country/rock duo called Raegar which left yesterday and tonight is a comedian

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is hard to believe we are at the end.

Tomorrow we are staying on board in Nassau- been there before.

My husband surprised me with a couples massage. After that I will pack and use the solarium pool.

Charlie’s Angels is playing at 3:15.

Le Petit Chef at 6. Ate in Murano tonight which did not disappoint

It is hard to believe we are at the end.

Tomorrow we are staying on board in Nassau- been there before.

My husband surprised me with a couples massage. After that I will pack and use the solarium pool.

Charlie’s Angels is playing at 3:15.

Le Petit Chef at 6. Ate in Murano tonight which did not disappoint

Relaxing day. Went into Nassau afterall. Walked around and bought an embroidered straw purse for our granddaughter and my husband bought his customary Hard Rock shirt.

Had a couples massage which was wonderful- $300 with tip.

Watched Charlie’s Angels in which I enjoyed

Eating at Le Petit Chef tonight which is a great experience