Roads and traffic along East side.

crewsweeper

If you are goi g from Coxen Hole or Mahogany Bay toward or past French Harbor. Daniel's Sloths, LFK, etc., be aware the narrow road is being torn up and widened. I places, you'll get 2way traffic on a one lane road. Lots of holes and dips. Takes longer. 

Personally, I would not attempt to take the small busses in this direction. Especially if in Mahogany Bay. 

I would pass on scooter/cycle rental too. Motorcycles are very popular with locals but they zip in and out of traffic. 

Even from West Bay give yourself an extra 15 minutes returning to Port if 2 ships are in. Real traffic jam nearing Coxen Hole. 

I just came through there about  2 hours ago. New road is going to be nice.  A bit of a jam but not bad.  Jusrbrcareful about the mode of transpo.  You will be fine.  I thought it would e worse than it was.   

The road is much better than it was. My son lives near Oak Ridge and drives it all the time. It's narrow and you need to allow plenty of time but from Mahogany Bay it's doable..Great snorkeling and mangroves are lovely. Nice unspoiled part of the island

Edited by Host Carolyn

On 2/18/2020 at 4:05 PM, gerena said:

I just came through there about  2 hours ago. New road is going to be nice.  A bit of a jam but not bad.  Jusrbrcareful about the mode of transpo.  You will be fine.  I thought it would e worse than it was.   

Oh I agree going to be really nice. But probably several years to get completed.