Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
stageberglaw

Refunds from Oceania

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

....Those of us with one or more of the affected Nautica/Insignia Asia cruises need this thread to share information directly related to our refunds and FCCs. And, if we have e-mail notifications turned on, getting all those useless reminders uses up our data and time, which is a particular PITA if you're on the ship right now.

 

There are plenty of other generic threads to play with. PLEASE, let's keep this thread on topic!

 

 

 As of this moment, I've got 20k worth of "skin in the game" for an Oceania cruise that sails in 78 days.  I'd really like to know what's going to happen to that money already out the door should the coronavirus prevent Marina from sailing.  I can't be the only one.  Good luck in keeping only the Nautica-affected on this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where to Kate?

 

We're not spending that much on our TA booked to disembark in Rome. Flying out from home in 33 days. Takes 15 days to get to Rome.  So could leave Miami and Rome is fine but the time we get their Rome is changed/closed/won't allow us to dock...

 

The added complication for us is we have two weeks of land touring in northern Italy (oops) post cruise booked up. At the moment they are closing small towns around Milan. That could spread of course in which case we could not even go to the places we have booked if we wanted to. Already at least one of the venues we are to visit is closed.

 

If the cruise is not cancelled (Rome might still be aok) and Florence airport is open for the return flight home on the deviation we purchased from O (with PE upgrade and air fees)  we will take a $$ hit as we would have to buy a one way from Rome on our own. And at last minute then the price will be yikes! I am 98% sure that unless the cruise is cancelled O cannot help. I am not even sure what they will do if the disembarkation port is changed to say Monte-Carlo. Are we stuck with that Florence air ? I think maybe.

 

Very reluctant to cancel but have to make the decision sooner than later I think becasue of the complexity with getting back home and what to do with those 12 days post cruise.

 

Not panicked but trying to figure out options

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I pointed out in post #64 above, this is a thread on Oceania's refunds - particularly related to the current situation with Insignia's and Nautica's aborted travels through Asia.

 

Can we please stay on topic? And can folks not directly impacted by/involved in this refund process PLEASE take your unrelated questions/comments elsewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yoho.... the 20k is an all-in figure for cruise, air, pre-paid hotels, tour deposits, etc. (two weeks in France, then Barcelona - London, then post-cruise London) 

 

We have TravelGuard Plus,   Their recent statement makes it clear that for us, choosing not to travel because we are afraid to is not reimburseable.  If we get sick on the trip, coverage applies.  If we get quarantined, coverage applies.  If the cruiseline cancels?  Not addressed.

 

Don has asked our TA, and I'm fairly certain his answer will be singularly unhelpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

As I pointed out in post #64 above, this is a thread on Oceania's refunds - particularly related to the current situation with Insignia's and Nautica's aborted travels through Asia.

 

Can we please stay on topic? And can folks not directly impacted by/involved in this refund process PLEASE take your unrelated questions/comments elsewhere?

I thought it was about refunds, and therefore related "how will O handle this, will my cruise be cancelled, etc

Are you saying that we must only speak about a cruise that affects you? Maybe start your own thread on that

OK, I reword my post

I have a cruise booked to an area affected by covid-19. Sorry, it is not to Asia. Will I get a refund?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re on the last 3 segments of the world cruise before it ends in SF for the SF-SF people.  We WERE on 3 segments.  Now we are in limbo.

 

We used miles for one business class ticket on Singapore Airlines and paid for one.  SF to Singapore.  SInce the ship is no longer going to Singapore, we called Chase to ask about trip protection offered by that card.  They said they do not cover trips impacted by the epidemics or pandemics.  Singapore Airlines canceled flights on the same day as ours from their other west coast gateways.  We think they are trying to fill up one plane to make the trip and SF is sort of positioned in the middle between LAX and Seattle where they have already canceled flights that were to go out on the same day as ours.

 

I have read online that Singapore Air will not refund or change our ticket because we didn’t pay for their extremely expensive refundable business class ticket.  Our only hope at this moment is that Singapore doesn’t have anymore incidents of the virus and we can use this ticket and fly to wherever the Insignia starts their new segment in Australia.  We’re pretty booked up for the rest of the year so this is the only way we can salvage the business class ticket and use the 25 percent FCC since it has to be used by December 31, 2020.  Guess we’d better dig out our snorkeling gear since the Insignia is going to reroute through the South Pacific...

 

Edited by Senior Citizen
Clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YoHoHo said:

Are you saying that we must only speak about a cruise that affects you?

Thank you. I'm new here but was not aware that a poster, OP or not, owned a thread. And the type of (technically) off-topic posts are relevant. IMneverHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, clo said:

Thank you. I'm new here but was not aware that a poster, OP or not, owned a thread. And the type of (technically) off-topic posts are relevant. IMneverHO.

The thread is titled REFUNDS and not what is Jancruz's occupation.

 

YoHoHo -- I do not think his comments are directed towards you.  You have the same oar in the water.  Hopefully we will not have to address refunds from the Med..

Edited by PaulMCO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not have any cruises planned at present, but seeing how different cruise companies handle problems like this tells you a lot about the company.  All I can say is there are now MANY cruise companies I would give a penny of my money, and there are some I would go on in  heartbeat.  This virus is definitely a great learning opportunity. I advise others to learn from it as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

The thread is titled REFUNDS and not what is Jancruz's occupation.

 

YoHoHo -- I do not think his comments are directed towards you.  You have the same oar in the water.  Hopefully we will not have to address refunds from the Med..

Thanks, PauMCO.
Re-reading the OPs post against what I wrote could be seen is a little off-topic (mine the status of possibly covid19 affected cruises vs OP's the status of refunds for an affected cruise) and I acknowledge mine is wordy which for just the facts folks, can be frustrating but I was taken aback by the following post. Now I have added to that. :{

I shall refrain.

Now back to the discussion of refunds...

Edited by YoHoHo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YoHoHo—your post just reminds us that the Coronavirus is creating a wrinkle in travel plans throughout the world, not just in Asia.  So, in that regards, thank you for sharing your dilemma.

 

To clarify my post about Singapore Air—we’re hoping that Singapore does not get on the list of countries where you cannot fly from or transit through in order to catch up with your cruise.  We hope to use our business class tickets to fly to Singapore, stay in the airport and fly onwards to Australia with a new ticket which would be Singapore to Perth or Singapore to Sydney, depending on where the Insignia is starting the segment that was originally going to start in Singapore.  Not sure if Oceania will give us $300 towards the purchase of the ongoing flights from Singapore...

 

We’re also unclear on how the FCC works.  One FCC per future cruise booked or can more than one FCC be applied towards one future cruise booked.  

 

I just wish they would hurry up and let us know what the new cruise segments will be so we can make an intelligent decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were booked on the Nautica April 13 Tokyo to Singapore. We booked a European cruise. Our money from our cancelled cruise was applied as well as the fcc. The cruise was cancelled at 5 pm last Wednesday and our account was straightened out today. Considering the number of cancellations I think the time was very good. We made our own air arrangements. We used the credit from the previous flights to make our new ones. Fairly even. Plus Delta did not charge us a change fee. I said the magic word: Coronavirus.

 

i think we are all set and happy this has worked out. Not sure if we will be able to reschedule another trip to Asia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

 

 As of this moment, I've got 20k worth of "skin in the game" for an Oceania cruise that sails in 78 days.  I'd really like to know what's going to happen to that money already out the door should the coronavirus prevent Marina from sailing.  I can't be the only one.  Good luck in keeping only the Nautica-affected on this thread.

Allow me to amend my earlier plea to include "perusal of the thread by future cruisers at or near final payment."

But, for right now (at least through the next few weeks), can we remain focused on the refund/FCC questions comments regarding Nautica/Insignia.

And, most importantly, can we all try our best to stop responding to ridiculous queries about things/people like Jan (who just sent out her official 4/11/20 retirement announcement). As is often said here on CC: Don't feed the trolls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pearl—I think that’s great that you got your money refunded and your FCC posted.  We haven’t received anything yet.  Was the 25 percent FCC based on a straightforward 25 percent of what you paid for the canceled cruise or was it based on some magical calculation that Oceania’s bookkeepers did?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pearl64 said:

Plus Delta did not charge us a change fee. I said the magic word: Coronavirus.

I think airlines have been in so many, many situations where they needed/wanted to accommodate pax via no change fees. The cruise lines are struggling to catch up. At least I hope they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Senior Citizen said:

.....We’re also unclear on how the FCC works.  One FCC per future cruise booked or can more than one FCC be applied towards one future cruise booked.  

Yesterday, I asked this very question of the Oceania Ambassador on Nautica and she said that multiple FCCs can be used for a single cruise. 

I'll believe it when I see it. We've got a November 2020 cruise booked and 2 FCCs coming (one each for Nautica and Insignia). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Yesterday, I asked this very question of the Oceania Ambassador on Nautica and she said that multiple FCCs can be used for a single cruise. 

I'll believe it when I see it. We've got a November 2020 cruise booked and 2 FCCs coming (one each for Nautica and Insignia). 

I was told same - have one from Insignia and one for a Sirena Cuba cruise.  

Again will see when the FCC are posted. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In July 2018 we had 2 FCC's  from different sources  

My TA applied them  to our crossing last April

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Senior Citizen,

 

Our fcc of 25% seems to be on what we paid. Let’s put it this way, it’s fairly close. I didn’t figure it out exactly. Our refund from the cruise was exactly what we paid.

 

We are now booked on another Oceania cruise to Barcelona. Hmm. We might be going through this again. We are trying to stay positive.

 

Good luck on getting your refunds.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Senior Citizen said:

Pearl—I think that’s great that you got your money refunded and your FCC posted.  We haven’t received anything yet.  Was the 25 percent FCC based on a straightforward 25 percent of what you paid for the canceled cruise or was it based on some magical calculation that Oceania’s bookkeepers did?

Just got this from my TA:

We have contacted Oceania regarding your questions and have been advised that in approximately a week, all numbers will be calculated. We have been advised that all refunds are expected to be completed by March 6. We have set a reminder for our Team to follow up on March 3, with Oceania about the specific amounts you are requesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 2/25/2020 at 6:47 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Just got this from my TA:

We have contacted Oceania regarding your questions and have been advised that in approximately a week, all numbers will be calculated. We have been advised that all refunds are expected to be completed by March 6. We have set a reminder for our Team to follow up on March 3, with Oceania about the specific amounts you are requesting.

Today my TA got the "official" cancellation from Oceania.  I received my TA's invoice showing the full refund. 

 

So looks like they are holding to the schedule you stated.  We will see how long it takes to post to the credit card. Also how long it takes to get the shore excursion money back...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

 

Today my TA got the "official" cancellation from Oceania.  I received my TA's invoice showing the full refund. 

 

So looks like they are holding to the schedule you stated.  We will see how long it takes to post to the credit card. Also how long it takes to get the shore excursion money back...

Yesterday, I got our 50% refund posted to my credit card for the Nautica cruise we're on right now. FWIW, it was two different individual credits totaling 50% of our original invoice cruise fare amount (no deduction of port taxes, et al.).

With all the itinerary changes we've experienced, we also have excursion adjustments (some refunded, replaced, added), which I expect we'll see on our final statement (the evening of March 3).

We're still waiting for our TA to get the verification of the 25 % FCC dollar amount. But, per the onboard Oceania Club Ambassador (Carol), the $$$ credit will be associated with our "O Club member number" but not display anywhere on our account web page profile. I'm a big fan of paper trail. So, that's disappointing.

 

As for the May Insignia 100% refund and 25% FCC, we do not yet have any numbers (though I assume total costs will be covered).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 3:36 PM, PaulMCO said:

 

Today my TA got the "official" cancellation from Oceania.  I received my TA's invoice showing the full refund. 

 

So looks like they are holding to the schedule you stated.  We will see how long it takes to post to the credit card. Also how long it takes to get the shore excursion money back...

 

Has anyone yet seen the full refund on your credit card statement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, JDincalif said:

 

Has anyone yet seen the full refund on your credit card statement?

Just off the phone with Oceania...

 

1) Refunds for the cancelled cruises should begin posting close of business today.  The usual 0-7 days posting delay depending on your bank. 

 

2) The 25% or whatever FCC for the cancelled cruise calculation was completed Thursday.  If you have a TA this amount was sent to them via email yesterday.  I have not confirmed yet from my TA but will do so on Monday when he is back in the office (he deserves a break from my and other continuous questions)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

Just off the phone with Oceania...

 

1) Refunds for the cancelled cruises should begin posting close of business today.  The usual 0-7 days posting delay depending on your bank. 

 

2) The 25% or whatever FCC for the cancelled cruise calculation was completed Thursday.  If you have a TA this amount was sent to them via email yesterday.  I have not confirmed yet from my TA but will do so on Monday when he is back in the office (he deserves a break from my and other continuous questions)

Another item from one of our TAs:

As regards future cancelled cruises (e.g., Insignia's May Asia segments), the 100% cruise fare refund will include visa expenses purchased through Oceania. Pre-purchased ship excursions (beyond O-Life choices) will be issued separately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...