Celebrity Summit Winter 2022 Itineraries

printingchick

We're booked on the Summit repo cruise for Oct. 17, 2020.  Booked it last March.  Got a balcony for $3210 total for 2, with drink package, OBC, and prepaid gratuities.  However, the Summit repo cruise isn't listed yet for Oct. 2021.  Anybody have any idea when this might be available to book?  I'd like to hold it as soon as it becomes available depending on where it will be going.

11 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

We're booked on the Summit repo cruise for Oct. 17, 2020.  Booked it last March.  Got a balcony for $3210 total for 2, with drink package, OBC, and prepaid gratuities.  However, the Summit repo cruise isn't listed yet for Oct. 2021.  Anybody have any idea when this might be available to book?  I'd like to hold it as soon as it becomes available depending on where it will be going.

It popped up for a day or two and I put a cabin on hold. Then it disappeared and it never came back. It was shorter than this years and it ended in San Juan. 

9 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

What WAS the itinerary?

I’m sorry.  I don’t remember.  I just know it was shorter, only 7 days maybe.  I put a cabin on hold and then it was gone.  I also remember it was much less than what I paid for this years. 

Edited by RosieRoo

2 hours ago, printingchick said:

Anyone know when these will be announced. Every schedule I've seen seems to indicate they should be out by now?? 

When you say winter 2022, do you mean the beginning or end of 2022.  Big difference.  Winter as in December 2022 won't be released until later this year.

I also had a hold on a cabin on the Oct 2021 repo from Boston to San Juan and was trying to book the subsequent sailing for a B2B.  That itinerary was showing but closed to bookings.  I was onboard the Summit at the time.  Eventually all sailings were removed.   I suspect the Summit may be redeployed.  Remember the 3rd Edge class ship will be delivered in that timeframe.

There has also been a lot of speculation about the Pam American Pier in San Juan and some management issues or other items I'm not recalling right now.  Some ideas were Celebrity was holding those sailing back, maybe as leverage or to save disruption credit offered to booked guest if things didn't work out.

Sorry for being unclear. I'm referring to early 2022 - January-March cruises. I hadn't heard anything about the Pan American Pier being an issue. RCI still sails two of it's Royal Caribbean ships out of Puerto Rico during the winter months. I'm unsure why the issue would impact only the Celebrity ship.

18 minutes ago, volk904 said:

I love the Summit but after 3 recent cruises I am ready for a change.  I am hoping that when the 3rd Apex arrives that X switches things up and uses a S Class ship for the winters in San Juan and Summers doing Bermuda.  

But all other ships are committed and open to bookings for the 2021-2022 Caribbean season.   I wouldn't think they would home port the new ship in San Juan either?

6 hours ago, printingchick said:

Sorry for being unclear. I'm referring to early 2022 - January-March cruises. I hadn't heard anything about the Pan American Pier being an issue. RCI still sails two of it's Royal Caribbean ships out of Puerto Rico during the winter months. I'm unsure why the issue would impact only the Celebrity ship.

Like I said before, I don't really know the issues regarding the management of the pier but there are issues with it that RCCL does not agree with.  By no means am I in a position to know their plans or thoughts.

Here is an article that discusses some of what is going on, and in the last section it acknowledges there are disagreements with the cruise companies.  https://caribbeanbusiness.com/confirmed-proponent-global-port-holdings-selected-for-the-puerto-rico-cruise-dock-concession-deal/