My TA won’t give me the price reduction

yvrbos

My cruise went down $50pp. I contacted my TA and she said that there was no price reduction for that category or promo code. I have double checked the site and for the same room category with the same perks it is $50 cheaper. I have asked her to call Celebrities again. I have one of the sweet 16 rooms and I don’t want to lose it. I am just worried that this TA won’t work with me. what can I do? Does it matter which promo code you booked it under?

thanks! This just doesn’t seem right?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Perky1 said:

Just curious, but what is a “sweet 16” cabin?

The “Sweet Sixteen” cabins on Celebrity’s Millennium-class ships are a little-known anomaly: 8 cabins on each side of Deck 6 offer double-deep balconies for the same price as their otherwise-identical neighbors. For some reason, the Sweet Sixteen don’t appear on the deck plans (which depict the cabins as having shallow balconies just like the others on that deck).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marshacruises said:

The “Sweet Sixteen” cabins on Celebrity’s Millennium-class ships are a little-known anomaly: 8 cabins on each side of Deck 6 offer double-deep balconies for the same price as their otherwise-identical neighbors. For some reason, the Sweet Sixteen don’t appear on the deck plans (which depict the cabins as having shallow balconies just like the others on that deck).

Interesting.  Do you happen to know which cabin numbers?

• Like 1

OP I suggest that you make sure that the price reduction doesn't also include a reduction in perks or OBC that was offered in the original deal that you booked.  If you rebook for a price reduction of $50 pp, you risk losing other perks or OBC that is no longer associated with the new price.  If all things are equal, your TA should call Celebrity on your behalf.

• Like 2

You can still get price reductions.  Look at the terms of your current deal and see if they are the same.  Nonrefundable is nonrefundable, same perks, $50 cheaper.  Screen shot it and send to your TA and tell them they need to call Celebrity.  I know of TA's that cannot be bothered with re-faring but hopefully that isn't the case in your situation.  

I don’t mean to sound like $50 pp doesn’t matter, but is it worth it to spend a lot of time and effort to save $100 (assuming there are 2 of you in your party)? We go for it to save money or upgrade, but I wouldn’t spend hours just to save $50 pp. maybe that’s just me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, yvrbos said:

It includes the same perks including the same OBC and the same balcony category. If I rebook, do I pay a penalty (fee) for the change? My sailing isn’t until January 2021.

It sounds like your TA isn't finding the rate you found.  What I do in these cases it to place a 24 hr hold on line for a room in the same category with the pricing and perks you found.   Then take the guest invoice which is mailed to you and send it to the TA.   There's no need to cancel if booked NRD in North America, you can make changes without penalty as long as you stay with the same sailing.

Just now, wrk2cruise said:

They would no longer be my TA.

Exactly.  I used one who was a friend and she complained about her customers re-faring for such small amounts.  I said, those small amounts add up and it's the job.  Needless to say - I don't use that agency anymore for my trips.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, yvrbos said:

I booked with a no refundable deposit. 

So if the fare is reduced by $50pp and you pay the $100 change fee the result is zero. Again appreciate the question but a non refundable on a 2021 cruise is a bit crazy. There will be dozens of changes in price and maybe your circumstances.

It appears - again we don't know the cruise - your TA is correct.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

So if the fare is reduced by $50pp and you pay the $100 change fee the result is zero. Again appreciate the question but a non refundable on a 2021 cruise is a bit crazy. There will be dozens of changes in price and maybe your circumstances.

But, why would a change fee have to be paid?  I re-fare on my non-refundable deposits....a re-fare is the same on a refundable or non-refundable.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

There is no charge to re-fare a NRD booking. The charge kicks in if you cancel or change the ship or sailing date.  Have re-fared 3 NRD bookings, 2 of them twice and no charge.

• Like 1

I am confused by the responses. To save $100 is something worthwhile to us. 

So am I getting this right that as long as everything is the same (perks and category), my TA should be able to get the discount? I would love to hear from those who have managed to reprice their cabins before final payment.

Thank you!

Perks and category are key but are you booked under a group booking that the TA has or is there a resident, Senior, military fare involved.  Also do you have OBC from your TA that may be reduced with the price reduction?  Could it  be that the price reduction would reduce the OBC from the TA by the same or more.

Do as others suggested and go on-line and do a mock booking, placing the same  cabin category with the same perks on hold take screen shot of the booking and send it to your TA. The TA should be able to explain why price difference isn’t applicable to you.

5 hours ago, yvrbos said:

I contacted my TA and she said that there was no price reduction for that category or promo code

From your original post I believe the problem is that the TA is not seeing the fare reduction.     That's why I posted the following

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

It sounds like your TA isn't finding the rate you found.  What I do in these cases it to place a 24 hr hold on line for a room in the same category with the pricing and perks you found.   Then take the guest invoice which is mailed to you and send it to the TA. 

To place a 24 hr hold what you do is do a mock booking on the Celebrity site and proceed to the Summary page where you should be able to verify the rate and perks.   Then click on the Celebrity logo at the top of the page.  You will get a pop up where one of the options is Courtesy Hold

image.png.c7191858ee164c2b179b90872c218929.png

Shortly after you will get an email with the Guest Invoice with all the details your TA could want.

Wrktocruise I had already put a temporary hold on one of the same cabins with the same perks earlier today and my TA hasn’t gotten back to me since I sent her the quote. 

I am just confused by the different information that I am getting. If indeed these two bookings are identical am I entitled to the lower price?