Cruise Critic Community
casinitaly

Jewel of the Seas -Porthole window Deck 2

Hello, we are first time cruisers,  hoping to book soon!

We're looking at a Baltic cruise - cabin 2510 on Jewel of the Seas has been proposed.

We don't plan on spending a lot of time in our room except for sleeping, but I did want some natural light. 

Can anyone tell me how big the portholes are?  Maybe post a photo or two?

I have read some pros and cons about the 2nd deck, but we are thinking it might be fine for us.

Thanks in advance.

Cas

43 minutes ago, casinitaly said:

Maybe post a photo or two?

Welcome to CC.

You can do a Google image search for any deck 2 OV cabin on any Radiance class ship - that should give you an idea.

Edited by Biker19

The windows are a fairly decent size....keep the curtains opened during the day, and you''ll get ample natural light.  I'd say they are about 3x4 feet?   something along that size.  It's not a full wall window, but it's much larger than what you might think a "porthole" would be.

12 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

I'd say they are about 3x4 feet?   something along that size.  It's not a full wall window, but it's much larger than what you might think a "porthole" would be.

You are totally wrong.

OP.... Ocean view cabins on deck 2 of Radiance class ships have true small portholes not the typical large round windows of other ocean view cabins. They are probably about a foot or so, maybe slightly larger, in diameter. They will let natural light in well enough during the day but don't expect much of an ocean view.

Deck 3 has the large round windows.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You are totally wrong.

OP.... Ocean view cabins on deck 2 of Radiance class ships have true small portholes not the typical large round windows of other ocean view cabins. They are probably about a foot or so, maybe slightly larger, in diameter. They will let natural light in well enough during the day but don't expect much of an ocean view.

Deck 3 has the large round windows.

I'd try one and hope for an aquarium view

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

You can do a Google image search for any deck 2 OV cabin on any Radiance class ship - that should give you an idea.

Thank you.  I did try searches before posting, and I have done more since I read your specification that they are Radiance class, which I didn't know!) but the pictures that come up are really mixed and I haven't found one that is clearly cabin 2510.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have a much clearer idea of what we're talking about now.