Price drops due to Corona virus...

Right now you could book the NCL Jade 42 days Singapore to Dubai to Rome leaving 2/27/20 for less than $1,000 per person inside cabin plus taxes and port fees.  Jade currently loitering near Malaysia, no waiting for others to leave the ship on the 27th, extensive medical insurance is advised.

• Like 1

I've been checking my upcoming Symphony cruise for Jr Suites, no luck, but a few other suites have opened up. Also noticed OVB were slashed almost in half (Superior OVB was only $799!) this last weekend which was painful to see 😂

41 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

16 nights on Jewel for $142. With taxes and fees it's about $500 per person double occupancy. That's Dubai to Rome through the Suez Canal. I really wish I could drop everything and get on this.

What date?

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

Right now you could book the NCL Jade 42 days Singapore to Dubai to Rome leaving 2/27/20 for less than $1,000 per person inside cabin plus taxes and port fees.  Jade currently loitering near Malaysia, no waiting for others to leave the ship on the 27th, extensive medical insurance is advised.

That's about the same price we paid for our JS/GS combo on the Mariner Odyssey. 

Why is Jade taking so long to get to Rome?

We did Barcelona in 28 days

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That's about the same price we paid for our JS/GS combo on the Mariner Odyssey. 

Why is Jade taking so long to get to Rome?

We did Barcelona in 28 days

Making a lot of stops in Malaysia and two islands in the Indian Ocean, multiple UAE stops plus Dohar, stopping in Egypt, doing an overnight in Haifa.  The good thing visa wise is no stops in India.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Has anyone seen any or perhaps noticed a trend?

Yes, many. Mostly on longer cruises. Received over $2000 in reductions on 4 Cruises in last 2 weeks. One isnt until next Fall. Last time I saw anything close was right after 9/11

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

I of course have no evidence this is due to CV, but I'm going on a 7 day carribean with RCI in May.  When we booked in November the central park balcony we wanted was $3620.16 out the door for double occupancy.  Then when we checked the first week in February, just before final payment, our price had dropped to $2401!!!  We've never cruised before so I have no idea if that's normal, but it about knocked me off my feet.

• Like 2

We are on Nav April 20th and as recently as this weekend (~63 days out) all balcony and suites were sold out and the larger ocean views as well (panoramic and spacious).   

today I noticed occupancy in all of those categories ...but the prices are pretty steep  for those rooms !!!    The guarantee inside pricing is pretty good though! 

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Thnx, we'll have to look into that one

Last year I was booked on it with an interior VB for over $2k solo.  That was the least expensive rate back then.  I cancelled it.

Last month I scored an nice OV balcony (unobstructed) for just over $1k all in.  Got decent award airline ticket home too.  Couldn't pass up another 12 nights on a great ship for less than $100 per night solo.   Ireland here I come (Azores and France too).  

It went cheap before CV, my 4D balcony is currently the same rate I paid mid-January.  Interior is a bit cheaper now though but I like a balcony at that rate.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, twangster said:

Last year I was booked on it with an interior VB for over $2k solo.  That was the least expensive rate back then.  I cancelled it.

Last month I scored an nice OV balcony (unobstructed) for just over $1k all in.  Got decent award airline ticket home too.  Couldn't pass up another 12 nights on a great ship for less than $100 per night solo.   Ireland here I come (Azores and France too).  

It went cheap before CV, my 4D balcony is currently the same rate I paid mid-January.  Interior is a bit cheaper now though but I like a balcony at that rate.

I had to pass, it conflicts with our B2B on Liberty leaving April 26

Thanks for sharing that the price was down before CV

• I booked a balcony cabin several weeks ago for a May sailing.  Three weeks ago I booked an outside and jr suite for some friends on the same sailing.   The balcony has gone up but the outside went down $313.00 and the jr suite went down $500.00.  My friends are very happy.  Not sure why but the price drop is nice.
  •