Price drops due to Corona virus...

10 hours ago, shoppgirl said:

Sailing the med, and my cruise has dropped almost $1000 per cabin since I booked last August,  plus I have OBC credit now too.

Our Greek Isle Cruise has actually gone up.  All suites of every size are booked too. So far the Corona virus has not effected this cruise pricing yet

• Like 1

The Bahamas cruises this spring and summer have plummeted ($219-$249 per person) for the 3-4 nights, but that could be less about Corona Virus and more about the fact that they will have three ships doing the routes instead of just two ships.  Or it could be a combo. 

I dropped $500 on my ocean view room on the Allure of the Seas med cruise in early June.  I also upgraded my other cabin to ocean view for $58 less that I paid.

I keep looking to see if there are more changes, but it seems to have stabilized and increased a smidge overnight

18 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

I believe so. I am leaving on the liberty this weekend as well and all of a sudden, rooms are opening up.

I am going March 1st on Liberty, and noted the same thing. Except for suites, ( they show sold out) am hoping to Royal Up from JS to RS or OS. 

Something is causing it.  My end of May LOS sailing went down a week ago $600 for a oceanview balcony with an extra $100 obc.  Then this week since it was final payment time I checked again and it went down another $1000 but I lost the $100 obc.  Oh well orginally booked at $4200 now it is $2650 for 3 people. 

So I decided to check my Thanksgiving 2020 trip on LOS and we had a oceanview window room and the price of the balcony has dropped to the same price that I was paying for the window so I had it upgraded.  I call that a pretty good score.  So far i'm not seeing any changes in prices for my booking in 2021.

On 2/18/2020 at 6:42 PM, mugtech said:

Right now you could book the NCL Jade 42 days Singapore to Dubai to Rome leaving 2/27/20 for less than $1,000 per person inside cabin plus taxes and port fees.  Jade currently loitering near Malaysia, no waiting for others to leave the ship on the 27th, extensive medical insurance is advised.

NCL just cancelled 2/27/20 Jade Singapore to Dubai,  Dubai to Rome available for inside cabin $489 plus port fees.  NCL giving full refund and 25% FCC, which for a last-minute inside would have been about $120pp.

For the multiple cruises we are watching - they were down over Presidents weekend, but have since went up a few hundred dollars on Tuesday. 

The worst part, on our way into work on Tuesday morning, my DH was pricing one of the cruises we have been watching and it was at a price point that we thought was great, so we said we will book it when we get home. After work, we logged into our computer and low and behold, the same cruise went up $300 during the day. Bummed..... couldn't believe they would change the price from 6:30am to 6pm ?!?! 

7 hours ago, vettecruiser1 said:

Something is causing it.  My end of May LOS sailing went down a week ago $600 for a oceanview balcony with an extra $100 obc.  Then this week since it was final payment time I checked again and it went down another $1000 but I lost the $100 obc.  Oh well orginally booked at $4200 now it is $2650 for 3 people. 

So I decided to check my Thanksgiving 2020 trip on LOS and we had a oceanview window room and the price of the balcony has dropped to the same price that I was paying for the window so I had it upgraded.  I call that a pretty good score.  So far i'm not seeing any changes in prices for my booking in 2021.

What cabin type is $4200 for 3 people.

Pricing is all over the board. We sail LOS in early May and our balcony is $1400 for the two of us. Booked over a year ago

Edited by John&LaLa