Nieuw Statendam Thermal Spa

tma6973

Can anyone tell me if the Thermal Spa on the Nieuw Statendam has a steam room? The write up says it has steam but did not say steam room. I did try looking it up before asking. I just haven’t had any luck finding an answer. 

Yes, I was recently on the NS and had a Thermal Spa pass for the week and there is a steam room and a sauna that is for the use of Spa guests only.  There are also several different type of showers in the Spa too.  There was an interesting horizontal shower where you lay down and the water hits you.  Interesting shower.  But there is definitely a steam room and also a sauna too.  Enjoy!  The thermal pool is wonderful!!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, margar said:

There was an interesting horizontal shower where you lay down and the water hits you.  

I forgot about that feature.  Once was enough for me, however.  The heated ceramic beds and the pool:  that's what I really enjoy.

Me too, once was enough.  I never really could figure out how it was supposed to work.  It was an odd combination of rain type shower heads.  It was confusing to try and get it to work right! 🤪 YES, the thermal pool and the heated loungers are fantastic!!! My achy joints miss them already!!

8 minutes ago, hulagirl57 said:

What is the cost of the Hydrotherapy Pool area?

I purchased my thermal spa pass prior to sailing (Nieuw Statendam) and it was $139 for the 7 night cruise.  When I was on board the spa told me the price was $199 for the week.

Edited by margar
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, margar said:

I purchased my thermal spa pass prior to sailing (Nieuw Statendam) and it was $139 for the 7 night cruise.  When I was on board the spa told me the price was $199 for the week.

Thank you for letting us know it’s cheaper to purchase pre cruise?

I think sometimes it is cheaper to pre-purchase, but it may depend on the cruise sailing.  Not sure.  I usually pre purchase because my understanding is that the thermal spa is capacity controlled and they only sell a set amount of weekly passes and that is it.  So I want to make sure I have access to the thermal spa, as that is my “treat” for the cruise.  

Also, I have read other posters mention that if the price is less on the day of embarkation that the spa will refund you the difference.  In my experience, I have not had that happen (always has been more $ on the ship) but each sailing is different.  Hope that helps 😊

Edited by margar
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, margar said:

I think sometimes it is cheaper to pre-purchase, but it may depend on the cruise sailing.  Not sure.  I usually pre purchase because my understanding is that the thermal spa is capacity controlled and they only sell a set amount of weekly passes and that is it.  So I want to make sure I have access to the thermal spa, as that is my “treat” for the cruise.  

Also, I have read other posters mention that if the price is less on the day of embarkation that the spa will refund you the difference.  In my experience, I have not had that happen (always has been more $ on the ship) but each sailing is different.  Hope that helps 😊

Yes! We did pre purchase it and leave on Sunday! Looking forward to it!

On 2/20/2020 at 3:18 PM, hulagirl57 said:

What is the cost of the Hydrotherapy Pool area?

We just got off the Niew Statendam this morning. We pre-purchased a couples week pass for $219. Walk up price onboard was $299. The funny thing is that they were advertising the couple’s pass as “regularly priced at $569, but offered for the special price of $299” 😂. False advertising at its best. 

But it was worth every penny. We used the facilities almost on a daily basis, sometimes multiple times per day. 

Does anyone know if daily passes are sold after the first day?   Headed out on an 18 day cruise and expect to be off the ship late in the evening 5 of those 18 days.   I'd like to purchase 8 days of spa, not 18.  

Also, I had a problem on a repositioning cruise where I pre purchased a 14 day pass, and was told on boarding that the HAL website was in error and I needed to pay for the additional days to equal the 18 cruise days,   I think the fact that the spa is a franchise and not HAL employee staffed is a part of the problem.  

On my upcoming 14 day cruise they had 14 day passes as well as 7 day passes.  I called to check on that and they said it had been loaded incorrectly and that if I tried to purchase the 7 day pass it wouldn't go through.

10 hours ago, moosegrin said:

Does anyone know if daily passes are sold after the first day?

Daily passes are sold if there are openings after cruise-long passes are sold. I believe day passes have to be purchased on the day of use. 

We are going on a 26 day cruise  On the reservations page, it says a 14 day + couples pass for the spa is $429.

Is this pass for that price going to be active for the duration of the cruise, or only for a 14 day window within the cruise?

Don