Are App Dining Menus you see Pre-Cruise Accurate?

PinkSandGirl

Are App Dining Menus you see Pre-Cruise Accurate?  My upcoming cruise will be the first time using the Celebrity App.  Are the dining menus you see pre-cruise actually accurate to the days/menus while onboard?  I will be dining in Blu but I'm also checking the MDR menus as well since they can be ordered in Blu.  It's not like I knew on the other cruises I've taken 😉 but since the information is available now I thought I could plan on when to dine in a Specialty restaurant (a night that perhaps we don't like the menus as much as other nights).  Thank You!

The closer you get to sailing the more accurate they'll be, but I'd not rely on them for absolute accuracy until actually on board. FYI,  on most S-class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette and Reflection) you can't order from the MDR in Blu as the kitchens are far apart. The everyday items are available in Blu as well as the apps like escargot, shrimp cocktail, Caesar Salad and French Onion Soup are available every night even though they're not on the menu. You can ask to make a reservation for the MDR on a given night (you'll go to the Select entrance) if you prefer that menu on an S-class ship.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

The closer you get to sailing the more accurate they'll be, but I'd not rely on them for absolute accuracy until actually on board. FYI,  on most S-class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette and Reflection) you can't order from the MDR in Blu as the kitchens are far apart. The everyday items are available in Blu as well as the apps like escargot, shrimp cocktail, Caesar Salad and French Onion Soup are available every night even though they're not on the menu. You can ask to make a reservation for the MDR on a given night (you'll go to the Select entrance) if you prefer that menu on an S-class ship.

Thank You!   I have noticed the App menus have changed a bit from when I first started looking.  I have always been on S-class ships and this will be the first on an M-class but do like the fact the MDR menu is an option in Blu due to the kitchens being close.  

For the most part, yes...our app lined up with the lunch and dinner menus in Luminae on Edge last week...with the exception of the final night when the dinner menu was much different (and better) than what was listed on the app.  PS...wherever you dine, do NOT miss their onion soup!  It is easily requested from the everyday menu.

Edited by JahHaus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dunmore2 said:

There is a couple sailing on the Equinox , giving live reports right now. They said the app does NOT accurately report the meal choices. Too bad:(

That needs a little texture, when we sailed on Millennium just before Christmas, the app was accurate for the vast majority of the meals once we were onboard. 

it was inaccurate on a couple of items that changed on the day, but was reliable aside from that.