Crown Grill

Justalone

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

if I want "just a steak", I go to our 'local' … Publix … and get a nice bone-in ribeye for the grill at home

if I want a "really good steak" , I take the 15 minute or so drive to the Specialty Meat Market and see what they recommend based on what they have on hand - usually 3 times the price of 'just a steak'

and we also have an Outback, Ruth Chris, and a Shula's within easy driving distance … so we got that going for us as well

If one wants a really, really good steak, one goes to our local Costco and buys USDA Prime beef for the Barbie.  But that's another topic altogether.  No true BBQ on Princess I believe.

2 hours ago, Casey12 said:

You haven't sailed Princess in 5 years and you are defending the quality of steak in CG? I can tell you it has gone down quite a bit in 5 years. My last 2x made Outback look good. We no longer go to Crown Grill. The sides were pretty good but the steak was awful quality on our last 2 visits. It wasn't a one-off. We still go to Sabatini's.

My sister and three other relatives were there last year. They all said it was great.

4 hours ago, CaribbeanIsland said:

I am in the camp that Crown Grill is not worth the $29 even with the BOGO free coupon. The quality has gone down so bad lately that we no longer attend. When we sail in Suites, we don't use our free night to go there.

Do you go to Sabatini's instead?  The lamb skewers are great!

11 hours ago, CaribbeanIsland said:

I am in the camp that Crown Grill is not worth the $29 even with the BOGO free coupon. The quality has gone down so bad lately that we no longer attend. When we sail in Suites, we don't use our free night to go there.

Now that's extreme.

Not even for free? I'm surprised that you even consider Princess to begin with. 

9 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Now that's extreme.

Not even for free? I'm surprised that you even consider Princess to begin with. 

We go to Sabatini's instead. We stay away from the beef on Princess because it is not great. I don't think that is extreme - why waste calories on it if we are not going to enjoy it. Their Italian food can be pretty good.

2 hours ago, CaribbeanIsland said:

We go to Sabatini's instead. We stay away from the beef on Princess because it is not great. I don't think that is extreme - why waste calories on it if we are not going to enjoy it. Their Italian food can be pretty good.

I like Sabatini's, too.  In addition to the lamb skewers, i also like the pastas and the seafood  dishes.  Great!

To answer the OP's question-

Apparently you can order extra appetizers, side dishes and desserts. The $10 upcharge refers to an extra main dish.

People’s level of appetite varies,of course. As for my DH and I, we find that we need to “pace” ourselves for a. Crown Grill dinner to avoid being stuffed leaving the table. We usually start with a salad, I choose the filet while DH prefers the ribeye. Our sides are baked potato with add-one on the side ,spinach and asparagus. For dessert, I enjoy the lemon tart while DH has a coffee or espresso.

We think quality over quantity for dinner is  the way to go- YMMV.

We have enjoyed many Princess cruises and many Crown Grill dinners. I cannot recall one where we were disappointed in the  food or service.

Does the Crown Grill compare favorably  to NYC steak houses such as Smith and Wolinsky and others ? Perhaps, but that is a matter of experiences and opinions.

• Like 1