Shore excursion credit X 2?

pmatawan

Some cruises have an extra $50 excursion credit and it does show up twice in my summary for a cruise I booked with that perk, so yes you should.

And as far as I know, it is per excursion, not per port, so if you are able to take 2 excursions in a day, you get that off of each tour.  I thought it was a mistake (in my favor for once) when I did get credits for 2 excursions on a cruise last year but apparently it wasn't - others have reported getting credits for 2 excursions as well.  The excursion benefit wording seems to have been updated (at least for new bookings), so when you do a mock booking now says $50 per tour, not per port.  Old wording is still in my summary for upcoming cruises.

another question....I also have the excursions...times 2 from a promo running a few months ago....but it is listed on summary in my name.  Does that mean it is only applicable to any excursions I take ? I am sailing with my DH.

I would call and ask NCL to send you an 'amenity confirmation' email, though, or try a mock booking online just to make sure the $100 will come off the excursion price.

My 'summary' online also shows the $50 credit twice with slightly different wording, and I got two different answers speaking to two different NCL reps. The first one said, yes, you'll get double the credit; so I went back and changed up my plans on what to book for each port; and then when I called in the second time to book, the next rep said nope, only the regular $50 credit and it displays twice because of 'reasons' (I honesty didn't understand his reasoning of why it displayed twice and he was getting very 'hey there little lady, this is my job and I know what's what' so I just didn't want to deal with him anymore).

But I did then call the travel co I booked with and they confirmed that I hadn't booked with the bonus shore excursion credit (missed it by one day!), so that's fine, I went back to my original plans.

1 hour ago, OrcaGirl said:

I would call and ask NCL to send you an 'amenity confirmation' email, though, or try a mock booking online just to make sure the $100 will come off the excursion price.

My 'summary' online also shows the $50 credit twice with slightly different wording, and I got two different answers speaking to two different NCL reps. The first one said, yes, you'll get double the credit; so I went back and changed up my plans on what to book for each port; and then when I called in the second time to book, the next rep said nope, only the regular $50 credit and it displays twice because of 'reasons' (I honesty didn't understand his reasoning of why it displayed twice and he was getting very 'hey there little lady, this is my job and I know what's what' so I just didn't want to deal with him anymore).

But I did then call the travel co I booked with and they confirmed that I hadn't booked with the bonus shore excursion credit (missed it by one day!), so that's fine, I went back to my original plans.

Your NCL confirmation (which you would get from your TA) would list the codes.  I have 2 different cruises booked with double excursion credits - it shows twice in the summary for one, not the other. 

My free at sea choices are the internet/excursion option, so have codes INETSHOR, which is the regular code, plus SHRX50 which I believe is the code for the "air or $50 promo". There are two $50 excursion credits in the summary.

For my other I have INETSHOR and SHX50.  Only one $50 excursion credit shows in my summary.

The 2nd shore excursion benefit does not show in the amenity confirmations for either cruise.

I will be taking copies of all the confirmations with me just in case - and the worst case scenario is that I get reimbursed after I get home.

5 hours ago, jaja said:

another question....I also have the excursions...times 2 from a promo running a few months ago....but it is listed on summary in my name.  Does that mean it is only applicable to any excursions I take ? I am sailing with my DH.

The T&Cs of the promo you booked under would answer this....... for example, the current promo has the excursion credit only for Passenger 1

5 hours ago, disneylover89 said:

It was an extra perk at one time.  Your choice was between free air fare or $50 port excursion credit.  You must have said no to the free air fare.  You now have a $100 credit per port to use.

This explains it. I originally booked with the airfare promo but cancelled it cause I was able to get the same fare with better flights. Thanks for all the reply.