Suite on Solstice

Harvey1976

I have booked a suite on Solstice, first time in a suite on Celebrity. I have ready that you get complimentary specialty dining. Is this in any of the restaurants onboard? Also how do you make reservations do you wait until you get on the ship?  

1 hour ago, Harvey1976 said:

I have booked a suite on Solstice, first time in a suite on Celebrity. I have ready that you get complimentary specialty dining. Is this in any of the restaurants onboard? Also how do you make reservations do you wait until you get on the ship?  

You only get free Specialty dining in the higher suites, I believe Royal and above, sky suites do not get free specialty dining.  

2 hours ago, Harvey1976 said:

Regarding complimentary speciality dining

This is included for all those in the Royal, Penthouse suites and Signature suites which is available of some ships for all restaurants but not the Chef's Table. 

Reservations for Speciality Dining

The occupants of Celebrity, Royal and Penthouses (and Signature) will be contacted by a Shore-side Concierge prior to sailing . This concierge can make dining reservations, in room set up and tours in advance of boarding.  The time of the contact varies. My experience is that I was contacted 4 weeks before sailing but others have reported different time. We did not have any issues reserving speciality dining in any of the restaurants at the time we wished when booked by the Shore-side Concierge. We did however find that once on board, that it was not always possible to change bookings with the Concierge to the time we wanted but that is clearly subject to how busy each restaurant is.

Hope that answers your questions.

Edited by Yorkshire-Pudding
missing word
  • Thanks 1

Sorry just saw your second posting. As you are in the Penthouse, you will receive 2 complementary bottles of spirits, Perrier Jouet champagne and the daily re-stock of your in room beverage fridge with beers, soft drink, fruit juice and water.

You can if you wish, tell the Shore-side concierge of your preferences in advance when they contact you. There are varying opinions expressed on this board whether this is necessary. It is something which I prefer to do because we are typically travelling with family and each has their own preferences. Also the butler has the heads up ahead of boarding of what you want in your fridge but there is no right or wrong answer.

Edited by Yorkshire-Pudding
missing word
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Harvey1976 said:

You can either call the Shore side Concierge (no wait) or wait until they contact you prior to your cruise.  They will take care of all of your reservation needs.   If you don't have their number you can call Captain's Club and ask for the Shore side Concierge Desk.

If you need additional reservations or changes either ask your Butler or the Retreat Concierge who has access to  the reservation system in the Lounge.    If your preferred times is not available they will call the restaurant and put you on  a wait list.   My wait list request have always come through.

12 minutes ago, Harvey1976 said:

That’s great, really helpful thank you.

What choice of spirits do you have for your room?

When the shore side concierge contacts you they will offer to mail you a list but basically think of any spirits on premium list...Any reasonable request will be met as long as they have it on board.

We have enjoyed two fantastic cruises on Solstice, hope you enjoy!

25 minutes ago, Harvey1976 said:

That’s great, really helpful thank you.

What choice of spirits do you have for your room?

Basically whatever spirits Celebrity offers  on board.  There might be a restrictions for some very high end spirits that are over the Premium Drink Package Price limit.  You can get a rough idea by reviewing a list of spirits in the various drink packages. I suggest you ask for whatever you want.  

When staying in an RS, my wife and I like to make a speciality dining reservation for every other night pre cruise with the shoreside concierge. (No Speciality dining reservations on Chic nights).  Once on board, we review the Luminae and MDR menus and and have our butler adjust our Speciality dining reservations based on the menus.  We do not make any reservations for the Sushi on Five because it is seldom busy and we usually enjoy a lunch there.  

I have never stayed in a PH suite, but I am sure it be a great experience.  Enjoy the experience.

Edit: I see others answered your questions why I was composing my e mail, but I will leave it.

Edited by jagoffee

Harvey1976,

Do enjoy your cruise. I don't have one until June.

I see from your signature that you are from the UK. You didn't say where you were sailing from, but I guess as it is the Solstice it is outside the UK so you have flights. Given that you have the premium beverage package included and access to the Retreat Lounge, you may want to think about bringing one or both bottles of spirit back to the UK so consider not opening them so that there is less likelihood of them spilling inside your suitcases in transit. I still have 3 unopened bottles of spirit from other Celebrity sailings, which we have just not got around to drinking yet as there are just so many other things to try on board especially in the World Bar. 

14 hours ago, Yorkshire-Pudding said:

Harvey1976,

Do enjoy your cruise. I don't have one until June.

I see from your signature that you are from the UK. You didn't say where you were sailing from, but I guess as it is the Solstice it is outside the UK so you have flights. Given that you have the premium beverage package included and access to the Retreat Lounge, you may want to think about bringing one or both bottles of spirit back to the UK so consider not opening them so that there is less likelihood of them spilling inside your suitcases in transit. I still have 3 unopened bottles of spirit from other Celebrity sailings, which we have just not got around to drinking yet as there are just so many other things to try on board especially in the World Bar. 

Yes I am from the UK, we are flying over to Sydney on the 21st April. Doing the transpacific to Hawaii. 

14 minutes ago, Harvey1976 said:

Yes I am from the UK, we are flying over to Sydney on the 21st April. Doing the transpacific to Hawaii. 

We did this cruise in reverse a few years ago...our best cruise ever!

Enjoy!

• Like 1

I looked at your itinerary and note that you are departing from one of my favourite places in the world, Japan. We had a 14-night land holiday there and it is such an interesting country. We really enjoyed travelling on the Bullet Train and if you get the chance try some train travel there as it is uniquely civilised, especially if you have ever experienced travelling in London.

I hope that you have the opportunity to spend some time in Tokyo before you sail. If you get the opportunity, try and purchase some Kit Kats. Why, because they come in a variety of flavours which are not available anywhere else in the world. They make great gifts to take back to the UK including the Green Tea flavour. Enjoy.

I do have a couple of other questions if anybody doesn’t mind helping me out.

i have read on here that I get unlimited laundry. Is that correct?

also I keep reading about the retreat. What is it and Is that something that is on the newer ships/refurbed ships as I’m on solstice and it doesn’t get its refurb until next year?

16 minutes ago, Harvey1976 said:

I do have a couple of other questions if anybody doesn’t mind helping me out.

i have read on here that I get unlimited laundry. Is that correct?

also I keep reading about the retreat. What is it and Is that something that is on the newer ships/refurbed ships as I’m on solstice and it doesn’t get its refurb until next year?

Basically you can put in as many bags of laundry, items to press and dry clean items as you want. Technically it is laundry ‘twice per cruise’ but this wording appeared after a couple of suite guests cruising with large extended family in a multitude of cabins were sending in masses (or so we were told)...We have certainly exceeded the pressing limit and never been charged. Be aware that laundry is probably equivalent to a hot mixed wash at home so don’t put in any delicate items. Also last wash is usually 48 hours before docking.

Solstice is one of the last ships to be refurbished. You will still have Michael’s Club ( new name Retreat lounge with a lighter coloured refresh) and Luminae but no retreat deck...

Have a fantastic cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Basically you can put in as many bags of laundry, items to press and dry clean items as you want. Technically it is laundry ‘twice per cruise’ but this wording appeared after a couple of suite guests cruising with large extended family in a multitude of cabins were sending in masses (or so we were told)...We have certainly exceeded the pressing limit and never been charged. Be aware that laundry is probably equivalent to a hot mixed wash at home so don’t put in any delicate items. Also last wash is usually 48 hours before docking.

Solstice is one of the last ships to be refurbished. You will still have Michael’s Club ( new name Retreat lounge with a lighter coloured refresh) and Luminae but no retreat deck...

Have a fantastic cruise!

Too bad as the retreat deck- especially on the Edge is wonderful!