Barge cruise - TA?

Hoyaheel

I know river cruises are a small % of users on CC as it is, with those who've done a barge cruise even smaller - but wondering for those who have done (or who've researched them) - did you book through your TA? We've been thinking about it for this year or next, I asked my TA if she sold croisieurope barges (because they do offer the regular Croisi river cruises) and she says she "thinks" she has access because they do sell the river cruises. She'd check for me if I had a date/itinerary of interest, but I don't yet. Just wondering if this is a general issue with the type of trip (the croisi barges are 22 people - though we've looked at some of the 6/8 as well, I don't think I'd be as happy - we chartered a crewed sailboat a few years ago and I felt awkward with that few people in such a tiny space) Or if it's that I need to find a different TA (at least for this trip).  I've been reading as many reviews as I can find (not too many 😉) but most of the time, people don't note specifics about how they book a trip....Thanks!

We are taking one with Road Scholar in May.  We are going from Avignon to Narbonne. All pax are English speaking, 22 of us.

Road has many of The Croisie barges chartered.  Will let you know how is goes in early May.

We book directly with Road Scholar and do our own air.  Good luck hunting.  Pat

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pacmom said:

gratuities are included with Road Scholar. Pat

It's $1500 pp more for most Road Scholar departures than booking a CE trip directly. Yikes. (no, that's not one of the trips where they provide airfare, either) Considering I'm trying to find a more a la carte approach, that's probably not what I want..... (I'm also leaning toward Dijon and I don't see any RS options there, not this year at least....)

20 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

It's $1500 pp more for most Road Scholar departures than booking a CE trip directly. Yikes. (no, that's not one of the trips where they provide airfare, either) Considering I'm trying to find a more a la carte approach, that's probably not what I want..... (I'm also leaning toward Dijon and I don't see any RS options there, not this year at least....)

Road Scholar is the opposite of a la carte.

• Thanks 1

Hi there!  There is no reason why your travel agent wouldn't be able to book your barge cruise for you:  We don't discriminate and want you to book through a Travel Agent of your choice!

Generally, our barges are all inclusive just like our River Cruises:  Meals on board, open bar, and your tours are wrapped into the cost.  But the experience is different:  These are intimate in size, focused in region, and exclusive in feel.  You really feel connected as a group when traveling in such a small scope.

Whichever you choose, enjoy!

• Like 1