Has anyone had this happen?

Hbk5585

If I'm following their wording correctly, Royal said they needed to assign their party to an alternate, then sent confirmation to them showing the "alternate" as the same (originally booked) stateroom... which would indicate they'd not re-assigned them after all.  And this notice was to say "oops, we messed up, and we do still need to reassign you".  What a confusing notice!  Curious what the OP's original stateroom assignment was and how many are in their party. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

What's the confusion?  They give you a phone number to call, so call, and find out what the situation is, and the solution.  Faster answer than on these boards

Yeah, plus the actual answer.  I don't get this fear of calling first which I see all the time online.  Poeple want an answer from strangers or a text or email, but calling seems to confuse them.  Call, find out and then report if you want, but no one on here can answer that question.   This is not a common issue.  It could be one of several issues, including an area of the ship is overbooked for the lifeboats, but where they move you has to do with availability.

On 2/19/2020 at 9:27 PM, Hbk5585 said:

Hi,

I recieved this email earlier today and I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them? If so, what room did they switch you to?

Screenshot_20200219-211101_Gmail.jpg

To answer your question, No, this has not happened to us.

1 hour ago, Croozin Soozin said:

I got this email for two of my future cruises. Pertains only to my husband’s cabins, which apparently are being changed from two person to three person cabins.   

RCI seems to be getting better with their communications  - don't think anyone reported messages like this last year when their cabin went to GTY with no explanation.

On 2/20/2020 at 8:01 AM, Sherri914 said:

If I'm following their wording correctly, Royal said they needed to assign their party to an alternate, then sent confirmation to them showing the "alternate" as the same (originally booked) stateroom... which would indicate they'd not re-assigned them after all.  And this notice was to say "oops, we messed up, and we do still need to reassign you".  What a confusing notice!  Curious what the OP's original stateroom assignment was and how many are in their party. 

Okay, so OP here, that is all correct. They originally sent me an email saying they need to move me, and gave us the same stateroom as to where they are moving us. They then sent the email above saying they do need to move us, but the original email was wrong, its not the same stateroom. I'm currently booked in an Oceanview Balcony on deck 8, category 3D. It is me, my wife, and our daughter ( who will be 1), so she gets a pack and play. I have already called and they couldn't help me since the person I spoke to didn't have any info and advised me to wait for RC to call me.

We are currently booked in an adjoining stateroom, but its only us, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

That's all the info I have at the moment. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2020 at 8:11 AM, Joseph2017China said:

What's the confusion?  They give you a phone number to call, so call, and find out what the situation is, and the solution.  Faster answer than on these boards

The OP was asking other people’s experience. I don’t think RCI reps will be able to answer that. When talking to a customer rep, it helps to know what you’re getting into, know what questions to ask, etc. Hence, knowing other people’s experiences or opinion can be useful.

• Like 5