Tahiti Wifi experience

Verokaren

11 hours ago, Verokaren said:

We are getting ready to head to FP in three weeks and are wondering if it's worth it to purchase the big package which will cost about $350 for five devices.  I appreciate anybody's experience with this portable router!

https://www.tahitiwifi.com/travel.html

We were in FP for three weeks.  We purchased Tahiti WiFi  router with 10 G. for about $120.  We were able to have multiple devices logged on.  We used for emails, facetime calls, maps, reading news, etc.  Only used about half the data.  Not sure if you need way more wifi than we did, but $350 seems a bit excessive. I would get the lesser package.  You can top it up if you need more.

Thank you so much!  I was thinking about getting the largest package, unlimited, as I did not want to have to worry about being cut off or limited.  Sadly, I own a small business, and therefore have to always be ready to check in on things!  It's good to know you can bump it up if necessary.  

On 2/20/2020 at 10:27 AM, Verokaren said:

Thank you so much!  I was thinking about getting the largest package, unlimited, as I did not want to have to worry about being cut off or limited.  Sadly, I own a small business, and therefore have to always be ready to check in on things!  It's good to know you can bump it up if necessary.  

Karen, very easy to pick up and return the router too. Right in the terminal on your way out across from the car rental stands before you exit. Took me about 5 minutes to get set up.

8 hours ago, Verokaren said:

Thank you, Petoonya!!  What do you think about the packages?  I'm tempted to just get the biggest one and feel safe.

Karen,

I'd get the lesser plan that Salmn suggests. You can always top off if necessary. Really believe you'd be safe sticking with the middle of the road option, but then you're in Tahiti. If it means 5 minutes of worry than spend the money on the $350 plan and relax.

🙂 🙂

I am wondering why FP visitors don't just use their smartphone plan from home and use tethering to get WiFi to other devices? This $350 option seems way more expensive than using Google Fi, T-Mobile, or the various $10 per day international roaming plans offered by most cellular carriers.

8 minutes ago, Mercruiser said:

I am wondering why FP visitors don't just use their smartphone plan from home and use tethering to get WiFi to other devices? This $350 option seems way more expensive than using Google Fi, T-Mobile, or the various $10 per day international roaming plans offered by most cellular carriers.

We were going to be in FP for 3 weeks, so Tahiti WiFi was a better deal than $10 a day with Verizon. I would not pay $350 for WiFi.  Not sure how long of a trip the OP is on, but I think you are right---there is a better way than the $350 plan.

Thank you for the input!  We will be in FP for a total of 12 days.  I do have the $10/day AT&T plan, but wonder if the coverage will be adequate?  We will have a rental car on Moorea for a few days.  Also, the Internet speed on Oceania drives me crazy, so was hoping this would be a better alternative.  I've never used Google Fi.  I do appreciate everyone's input that the medium plan will be sufficient, so more like $200 for 5 devices.