Extremely Disappointed with Celebrity

cruising deacon

On 2/20/2020 at 12:38 PM, marycruz said:

Personally, I would not put up with the answer you received.   I just had a similar situation where the agent told me I could not get a reduction in price (shown on their website) because it was a non-refundable deposit and we had a refundable deposit.   What?  I called back and got someone else who gladly gave us the reduction!

So you may (as someone else just suggested) call and see if you get someone else on the phone or call their customer service and speak with them.

Good luck.

Is it fair to assume the refundable deposit on your existing booking became nonrefundable (or at least $100 pp of it) once you got the fare reduced to the nonrefundable rate?

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Is it fair to assume the refundable deposit on your existing booking became nonrefundable (or at least $100 pp of it) once you got the fare reduced to the nonrefundable rate?

Normally, yes.   However, the sale they showed was substantial and when I called they had told me I could not have the new price because it was non-refundable.  That is like saying I had no choice whether to change to the non-refundable rate.   I got the reduction when I called back and in addition they did not switch me to the non-refundable rate!   So in conclusion it's not clear whether they actually understand it any better than we do.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you   CELEBRITY    for not allowing me to book this good deal.    The way it looks, YOU made the right call.

Who knows, I may be switching from Princess to Celebrity after all, but then again...... Princess made the RIGHT move today cancelling all operations for the next 60 days (will Celebrity follow suit?)

On 2/20/2020 at 3:44 PM, Jeremiah1212 said:

I understand the frustration, but what prevented you from just booking online with the deal you were seeing? 

Exact same thing happened to me recently, I completed the booking online and the follow up confirmation email was not what I booked online - perks and OBC missing and two, yes two sailing dates -  only thing that saved my booking was the fact I took screen shots of every screen.  After emailing the screen shots to the escalation rep they completed the booking with the corrections.  It was a struggle and disappointing how they handled the process.