Elite cocktail hour?

SOUNDSGOOD!

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 1:54 PM, SOUNDSGOOD! said:

I am planning my first sailing as an Elite member,,  Tell me how the cocktail hour works.....any bar? any drink?   Thanks!!

CC HH is from 5 PM to 7 PM in the Sky Lounge except the evening of embarkation. Unlimited CC HH drinks loaded on your Seapass card (except for the first evening) to enjoy at the bars except at the World Class Bar if the ship your on has that bar. During CC HH in the Sky Lounge servers serve snacks along with taking drink orders.  CC HH drinks are not served in the dining venues.  CC HH drinks are not allowed too be ordered for room service or the mini bar in your stateroom. You will also receive in your stateroom a full list of all elite perks for your cruise.  

The following is the CC HH drink menu. 

image.png.660ccba38ece945a744ff1927d969955.png

Edited by Host Kat
Too much personal info in attached Celebrity doc so it was removed.

32 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Also the Captains Club breakfast you may have Bloody Marys and Mimosas.

I'm Eiite but was unaware of CC breakfast. When and where is it served and can my cabin mate attend?

5 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I'm Eiite but was unaware of CC breakfast. When and where is it served and can my cabin mate attend?

The welcome letter from the Captain's Club host/hostess will have information regarding hours and location for your particular ship.  Since I travel with my spouse, and he has the same loyalty level as I do, I think (but am not positive) that a cabin mate can attend also.  Hopefully someone with more information will correct me if I am incorrect.

2 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

We do like to try the Captains Club breakfast once each cruise.  I like the fresh juices.

I do like Mimosas for breakfast but since I usually eat on my balcony I order OJ from the breakfast menu and top it with sparkling wine. 

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Yes your cabin mate can attend.  But others you may be traveling with cannot unless they are elite (invitation only extended to those in the same cabin).

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Tuscan on most ships. A simple buffet but also have smoothies and specialty coffees.

A cabin mate can attend all Elite functions WITH YOU.

Edited by az_tchr

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I do like Mimosas for breakfast but since I usually eat on my balcony I order OJ from the breakfast menu and top it with sparkling wine. 

Tuscan Grille from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM. Depending on the ship, the breakfast is a limited menu or small limited buffet. 

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

It is served in Tuscan Grill on most ships - More of a continental than a full breakfast.   Meats, Fruit, Cheese Bagels and Salmon, Coffee, Smoothies etc.

Your cabin mate is given access regardless of status.

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

It is served in Tuscan Grill on most ships - More of a continental than a full breakfast.   Meats, Fruit, Cheese Bagels and Salmon, Coffee, Smoothies etc.

We usually go on a Sea day. I have had both plated (Silhouette2018) and buffet style on Eclipse.(2015). I understood that they had reverted to plated, as a buffet cannot be served on carpeted areas.

215D57DF-6812-4456-A3B6-E5CA1631B3CE.jpeg

We also enjoy the breakfast once or twice per cruise on S class where you get to enjoy the lovely wake views...A Bellini or two and a coffee with their mixed platter makes a very relaxing start to the day.

We were told plated or buffet depended on how many Elites were on board...

Re the cocktail hour, although we have a premium package and don’t need/want free drinks we do attend a couple of times each cruise. We enjoy meeting other guests, sharing experiences...Always a nice atmosphere. The Captains Host is a good contact if you have any special requests or are experiencing any difficulties on your cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

Tuscan is nice.  I just do it after a long sea day/night. Skip the food. Bloody Mary and go back to nap for a couple of hours...( lol)

Do they have Clamato juice onboard for bloody caesar's? We Canadians like our Clamato. 😁

It's funny, I was so much looking forward to my first cruise at Elite level. We used to cruise with my much-traveled parents and they always went off to the Elite cocktail party, and grabbed cappuccino from the breakfast. And I used to love using their free internet minutes because they never used them. 

But now I have all four perks for my upcoming cruise. So all the cocktails, cappuccino, and internet I want, which beats the limitations of the Elite perks.

Suddenly I'm not sure what will be different about being Elite. 

Not a complaint at all. I am so excited about our upcoming cruse, and we don't need to feel "special." Just an observation.

24 minutes ago, GRBlizz said:

It's funny, I was so much looking forward to my first cruise at Elite level. We used to cruise with my much-traveled parents and they always went off to the Elite cocktail party, and grabbed cappuccino from the breakfast. And I used to love using their free internet minutes because they never used them. 

But now I have all four perks for my upcoming cruise. So all the cocktails, cappuccino, and internet I want, which beats the limitations of the Elite perks.

Suddenly I'm not sure what will be different about being Elite. 

Not a complaint at all. I am so excited about our upcoming cruse, and we don't need to feel "special." Just an observation.

Bundled perks are nice. It's the other perks/benefits we get for being elite or above that can't be matched. 

Edited by davekathy

20 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Bundled perks are nice. It's the other perks/benefits we get for being elite or above that can't be matched. 

Like what? I want to look forward to them! We get preferred boarding because hubby uses a wheelchair, and not sure what else there is?

14 minutes ago, GRBlizz said:

Like what? I want to look forward to them! We get preferred boarding because hubby uses a wheelchair, and not sure what else there is?

Here is a good place to start looking at what the perks/benefits you get. https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits You will also receive in your stateroom a detailed letter explaining the perks/benefits. We always get the CBP as one of our bundled perks and still enjoy attending the  evening CC HH events in the Sky Lounge. 

Edited by davekathy

Of course, I've read the list. Things that are new when you reach Elite:

Priority embarkation - not a factor for us

Priority tender - no tender ports on our cruise

Debarkation lounge - that could be nice

Elegant tea - that could be nice, although I've never wanted for good food on an X cruise...

Persian Gardens - we're AQ, so already have this

Laundry benefits - OK, those are worthwhile

Discounts on wine, photos, gambling - we never buy any of those.

Again, I'm not complaining. The things I spend money on (daily glass of wine, soda and lattes, and internet) are included in the perks deal, and that is awesome. I'm not sure what else they could throw in. Maybe a lovely massage or mani-pedi. 

But seriously, I am so excited about our upcoming cruise, and with the Perks deal, expect to enjoy it even more!

16 minutes ago, GRBlizz said:

Laundry, always useful.

Elite event (officers present) usually very nice. 

Evening cocktail time...enjoy meeting frequent cruisers like yourself, it isn’t just about free drinks.

Breakfast, try it before seeing it as not worth anything.

A backstage or galley tour is usually offered.

Frequently a helipad sail away.