Ocean Cay - "quiet" beach (not YC)

UniPac

Hi everyone!

I have been reading a lot regarding Ocean Cay and found some useful (scanned) maps and hints regarding snorkeling (Sunset Beach).

However, I still wonder which beach is the less crowded besides the YC only beach and has enough chairs?

Thanks!

We walked to the beach just past the Spa, follow the Spa signs. It was quiet and there were adequate chairs the day we were there. There is a life guard on duty. A set of bathrooms with showers on outside wall is very close. Food truck is a short walk away as was a bar. Husband did snorkel and saw some fish. We were on the Armonia so 2,000 was number of cruisers. If on one of the larger ships the Island would be more crowded. 

We visited Ocean Cay twice in January.  The first time, we walked to the first beach to the left of the entrance (before the lighthouse); the second time to the beach beyond that (around the corner, where they rent snorkeling equipment and such). Both were quiet, crowd-wise and water-wise.  Both were nice, both had loungers, etc.  Both were also comfortably close to food truck, restrooms, water fountains.

When we took a stroll around the island later, the biggest crowds seemed to be around the buffet and the nearby lagoon.

That was on Seaside, 4500 passengers, but where we were there might have been just 30 people each.

It's a lovely place!

Oh, you will be requested to use only reef-safe sunscreen.  And I was glad that I had water shoes, for walking into the water. 

My opinion:  Ocean Cay has plentiful beach space for all guests who choose to use the beach.

When Ocean Cay is fully developed, it will be a prime Private Island in the cruise industry.  

Improvements needed?  Already, Ocean House for YC guests is serving at capacity with wait lists for guests arriving at times.  That issue needs to be addressed.   

First of all, thanks for all the answers - very comprehensive!

11 hours ago, cellfree said:

We walked to the beach just past the Spa, follow the Spa signs. It was quiet and there were adequate chairs the day we were there.

Isn't that the Paradise Sands? https://www.mscoceancay.com/en-us/map-of-the-island

10 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We visited Ocean Cay twice in January.  The first time, we walked to the first beach to the left of the entrance (before the lighthouse); the second time to the beach beyond that (around the corner, where they rent snorkeling equipment and such). Both were quiet, crowd-wise and water-wise.  Both were nice, both had loungers, etc.  Both were also comfortably close to food truck, restrooms, water fountains.

When we took a stroll around the island later, the biggest crowds seemed to be around the buffet and the nearby lagoon.

That was on Seaside, 4500 passengers, but where we were there might have been just 30 people each.

We will be on Seaside, too. The first beach to the left of the entrance should be the largest, call Lighthouse Bay?

The second one was Sunset Beach from what you say https://www.mscoceancay.com/en-us/map-of-the-island

9 hours ago, jimmyjackson said:

I remember a previous poster mentioning the beaches near the YC beach are pretty quiet.  You cross the same bridge to get to the YC area and I think some may think that whole area is YC.  On the map the names are Bimini Beach and North Beach. 

Ah! So Ocean House Beach is the only YC only beach? That is good to know. Thought Paradise Sands is YC only, too.

9 hours ago, ODECCIT said:

Adult only beach by the spa will be the quetest on the island. 

So one more vote for Paradise Sands, correct?

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

I have read posts in on Cruise Critic where passengers on the smaller ships that do not have a Yacht Club have found the walkway to the entire area with the Yacht Club facility and other all passenger beach closed for the day.

The only way to get to YC facilities is by walking across the bridge which completely blocked by personnel when small ships dock. 

We set up for the day on Sunset Beach.  There were plenty of chairs, and didn't have anyone right next to us on either side.  The loungers were about 2 rows deep in some areas ... but pretty well spread out.

The only down fall to this beach is that the water does have about 5 or so feet of rocks when entering.  Not pleasant when you don't have water shoes.  Otherwise it is wonderful!

Paradise Sands (adult only). I think there were only 20 people at PS the day we went. It is a lovely beach. From there we looked out at Bimini Beach (over the bridge and past the YC area) which didn't seem very crowded either. Don't know what services are out there.

True about Sunset Beach being a little hard on the feet. The sand was much nicer at PS. Went to Sunset to snorkel, and there is a food truck for lunch if you don't want to hike back to the buffet. Convenient to PS.

Lighthouse Bay and the lagoon were much more crowded and the music was louder there. Don't know about the family cove, never made it in that direction.