After revolution

Caymus88

Yes they can change it.   It has happened fairly often with the Revolution as they have reclassified many 3&4 person rooms to double occupancy.   If you are talking about the conversion of FV to Sunset Suites on some ships then I believe the answer is still yes but I would try to negotiate something beneficial for me within reason.

I know on the Constellation they are still selling FV after Revolution and then starting with the spring 2021 TA the rooms are being sold as Sunset Suites.   I expect if you have a FV booked for a sailing before the TA you will not be moved but will have the stateroom amenities of the FV not suite amenities.    Only my personal opinion.

• Thanks 1

I was on the Summit right after its revolution a year ago. Several 3-person cabins were reduced to 2. Several 4-person cabins (like ours) were reduced to 3. Many were not happy with this. 

If you are a couple booked in a typical interior, window or balcony cabin, then you are probably safe, but even then they reserve the right to move you around to another cabin of the same category. 

If they do this, you may be able to negotiate a small upgrade or credit to compensate.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NMTraveller said:

Two and thanks.  So they may just take out a pull down bunk or other sleeping accomadation?

They are adding more cabins during the refit so some 3 and 4 guests cabins are being changed due to lifeboat limits.

I was interested in booking one but with nothing but renderings, no diagram or rendering of the bath  we decided not to book.  They are being priced  between a Celebrity Suite and a Royal Suite, so you would be very lucky if you got that suite at the price of a FV.   More likely they would move you to a Concierge Class as those are considered a upgrade from a FV.  

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

I was interested in booking one but with nothing but renderings, no diagram or rendering of the bath  we decided not to book.  They are being priced  between a Celebrity Suite and a Royal Suite, so you would be very lucky if you got that suite at the price of a FV.   More likely they would move you to a Concierge Class as those are considered a upgrade from a FV.  

Is there some way to find out?
The other FV is booked by our group and

the concierge wouldn’t be acceptable

If your booked with a TA I would have them Check with X.  If you booked direct you could try calling but it wouldn’t surprise me if the phone reps would have no idea since the deck plans haven’t been updated.
I checked a March 2021 sailing trying to find a cruise where the Sunset Verandas weren’t sold out and both the Deck 8 aft corner cabins which are showing as  FVs are available as Sunset Suites.  Can’t tell if the Deck 7 or 9 are being changed to Sunset Suites, but my guess is they are. 

Edited by jelayne

Just back from the revolutionised Celebrity Silhouette.   We had the family veranda 8108, and they changed the layout.

It used to have a master bedroom and a small bedroom with bunk beds  for other family members.

Now the small bedroom has been changed into a dressing area for the master bedroom.  It looks great, but our daughter travelling with us had to sleep in the pullout couch in the main room.   They told us future plans are to convert it to a suite for the 2021 sailings.

Graham

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

• Like 1

Thank you for this. I’ve been waiting for photos. I have been able to keep my FV cabin but only when we dropped the 5th person off.

do you have any photos of the bathroom? As it been upgraded? 

is there still a door between the bedroom and lounge for privacy?

is there suite level furnishings on the balcony.

was the sofa bed comfortable? I will have two sleeping on there.

I was hoping there might also be some suite benefits but presume they are not honouring this until you actually pay for a suite.