Loyalty levels to change

iltutcruiser

3 hours ago, Jamesatgsu said:

It isn't like they have massive benefits that cost them tons of money (though there is some opportunity costs related to FTTF and Laundry). My choice to book Carnival is largely based on trying to earn Platinum benefits, which then of course will encourage me to continue sailing Carnival since I'd have added benefits.

How much does it cost them?

8 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

How much does it cost them?

Whatever the current going rate for purchase of FTTF is for people who purchase it but would no longer need to if Platinum; and the going rate for however many bags of laundry would be purchased if not Platinum but are done for free under Platinum. Granted, people will do more laundry for free than if they had to pay for it.

Edited by amyotravel

On 2/21/2020 at 7:45 PM, grandmarnnurse said:

I asked him a question about this the other day, and he responded on his Facebook page that they are discussing some changes but none have been settled yet, and he will announce when there is a change. But he wanted any rumors that the loyalty program was changing, squashed, because no decisions had been made. 

That's pretty much exactly what he said the week before last on the FFS#3 cruise during a Q&A session.  

Side note: It was a terrific cruise and we really enjoyed meeting him. 🙂

5 hours ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Obviously I don't know, but most of the benefits are related to priority.

The point is none of us do.  While we can guess at costs for all features tied to the loyalty program and also how many plats and diamonds there are, we have none of that info.  There are indicators we can see, like the plat diamond return guest party that keeps growing and growing, etc, but it is all guesswork. 

5 hours ago, amyotravel said:

Whatever the current going rate for purchase of FTTF is for people who purchase it but would no longer need to if Platinum; and the going rate for however many bags of laundry would be purchased if not Platinum but are done for free under Platinum. Granted, people will do more laundry for free than if they had to pay for it.

I think you are looking at it wrong.  FTTF is not going anywhere, what might go is plats and or diamonds having that privilege. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I think you are looking at it wrong.  FTTF is not going anywhere, what might go is plats and or diamonds having that privilege. 

I’d have to agree. FTTF is a money maker for them. They aren’t about to get rid of that. But that’s just my opinion, not based on any factual information I’ve gotten. 

2 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I’d have to agree. FTTF is a money maker for them. They aren’t about to get rid of that. But that’s just my opinion, not based on any factual information I’ve gotten. 

It is a def money maker. 

11 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Actually, you are looking at my answer wrong. My answer (and I quoted the part I was responding to) was in reference to the question of how much it would cost. I thought that this cost question was in direct reference to opportunity costs related to FTTF and laundry. If you are Platinum, you get free laundry and probably do not purchase FTTF anymore. Check the forum. Many people say that one thing they look forward to is not needing to purchase FTTF once they become Platinum.

Sooooo, if too many people are become Platinum, there is missed opportunity to charge them for laundry or for FTTF.  I NEVER said anything about getting rid of FTTF. In fact, I am saying it is an opportunity to make money, so they do not want to lose too many people buying it. Pretty much the opposite of how you took my response.

If they remove benefits for the people who reach platinum, that would completely defeat the purpose of a loyalty rewards program.  The priority lines cost Carnival nothing.  The cabins being ready cost them nothing since they have to clean the cabins regardless of priority.  They just clean the priority ones first.  The free laundry does cost them money.  They could always give priority people a discount on the promotional bags.  Like maybe charge $5 instead of $15 or just change it to one free bag per person per cruise.

If Carnival is having a tough time getting all of the priority cabins cleaned, then they could change it so that the cabin will only be available early for baggage drop off.  That would go over better than completely removing the benefit.  I think the main draw for people having immediate access to their cabins is to drop off bags.

This should put an end to this topic.

I asked Carnival if they are changing it. This was the response I received TODAY!

At this time there is no indication that a change to the current loyalty plan is in the near future and we trust you understand that we are unable to speculate any changes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

I asked Carnival if they are changing it. This was the response I received TODAY!

At this time there is no indication that a change to the current loyalty plan is in the near future and we trust you understand that we are unable to speculate any changes.

It should be the end of the topic, but I'll bet it's not.🤣

3 hours ago, amyotravel said:

Actually, you are looking at my answer wrong. My answer (and I quoted the part I was responding to) was in reference to the question of how much it would cost. I thought that this cost question was in direct reference to opportunity costs related to FTTF and laundry. If you are Platinum, you get free laundry and probably do not purchase FTTF anymore. Check the forum. Many people say that one thing they look forward to is not needing to purchase FTTF once they become Platinum.

Sooooo, if too many people are become Platinum, there is missed opportunity to charge them for laundry or for FTTF.  I NEVER said anything about getting rid of FTTF. In fact, I am saying it is an opportunity to make money, so they do not want to lose too many people buying it. Pretty much the opposite of how you took my response.

I will not belabor the point beyond this post.  I never said you thought FTTF is going anywhere, it clearly is not.  If (big if here) loyalty perks go it would be a rearrangement of levels or simply removing a per from a certain level (example laundry from plats, or early cabin access).  Savings, if that is the driver,  is manpower and to your point possibly more FTTF as they would not be capacity controlled any longer (or less so depending on demand).  That was my point.  

3 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

I have never seen anything that said it was imminent.  On a Journey cruise last year at a general Q & A session, John said it was his view it needed to change (and I agree) but there were no current plans to change.  Would love to have someone point out otherwise.

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I have never seen anything that said it was imminent.  On a Journey cruise last year at a general Q & A session, John said it was his view it needed to change (and I agree) but there were no current plans to change.  Would love to have someone point out otherwise.

You might want to read from the beginning of the topic. All hearsay. I would think Carnival would know what is happening. Not anyone else.

All I wanted to do was get a final answer to this topic "LOYALTY LEVELS TO CHANGE" No indication that a change to the current loyalty plan is in the near future. 

8 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

You might want to read from the beginning of the topic. All hearsay. I would think Carnival would know what is happening. Not anyone else.

All I wanted to do was get a final answer to this topic "LOYALTY LEVELS TO CHANGE" No indication that a change to the current loyalty plan is in the near future. 

Did I say you did?

1 hour ago, twodaywonder said:

No, you said you did not see anything that was eminent as if I was referring to it. Really hate getting a comeback that is negative for trying to get the correct answer to a topic. Continue speculating if you wish. 

I used your post to comment on the thread.  I will say it AGAIN, if anyone (this could be you, or....anyone) has different information which brings the topic at hand is happening soon, please update us ALL,  LOL, thanks for the OK to make comments.  What did I speculate on, I mentioned what John said in from of about 800 people.   

Edited by jimbo5544

19 minutes ago, DryCreek said:

I heard from a baggage porter last week that they are going to offer a Tanzanite level next.  And maybe a Cubic Zirconia one too, but that's still all up in the air for now.

Oh, har de har har. No reason to spread that nonsense. Some people may not get your humor. Pay no attention to him folks. He's just trying to make a funny. 

16 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

That is a canned response that doesn’t mean anything. They could announce a change to the VIFP program tomorrow and that would not contradict the response you received. Not sure why you seem upset about speculation on possible changes to Carnival’s VIFP Program.  

• Like 2