Preview / Press Day in Dover

CruisingWalter

@shipmonk (Dave Monk) on Twitter and Instagram is doing a great job posting photos and video from his stay on the ship today / tonight.  The ship looks even more beautiful and exciting in real life vs. the renderings.  https://www.instagram.com/shipmonk/

Please share if you're following anyone else on social who is live posting / sharing from the Dover stop.

Edited by creativegenius
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, garymfreedman said:

The real pictures are getting me even more excited to be taking the voyage on the lady...

Me too. Dave is doing a great job reporting from the ship. The video of the nightclub is unlike anything I've seen on any ship. August can't come quick enough for me!

15 hours ago, janbear said:

Check  out "cruises for solos" on youtube for some videos - not great quality but you can definitely get an idea....this is just one of 5 he has posted.

Thanks for that link. It's good to see the actual cabins. Bathrooms look tight but functional. 

6 minutes ago, Geoffa30 said:

Anyone seen the pool?! 🤣 perfect size for the Caribbean.

That has been the one area we've wondered about since we saw the original renderings. The pool is small and it looks like they expect folks to hang out at the rear bar pool. The one thing we wish they had was a solarium / indoor pool which is great for the caribbean but the rest of the ship really intrigues us.

3 hours ago, creativegenius said:

That has been the one area we've wondered about since we saw the original renderings. The pool is small and it looks like they expect folks to hang out at the rear bar pool. The one thing we wish they had was a solarium / indoor pool which is great for the caribbean but the rest of the ship really intrigues us.

What rear bar pool? There's no aft pool. The only other water feature is the SPA pool which really isn't a pool but a large, circular hottub. 

6 minutes ago, hotsauce126 said:

At gym and tonic there is one

Correction I meant the HOT TUB at the Fitness Center area. That's literally just below the main pool, mid ship. There's no water feature aft, and for a ship over 100,000 tons that's problematic. MY guess is that the spot AFT where the Catamaran net is was originally slated for a pool but that was scrapped and a the netting was placed there instead. It will be interesting to see how POPULAR that area will be. There's NOT enough onboard water features, ESPECIALLY if the Spa is pass is so expensive.

5 minutes ago, creativegenius said:

From the rendering. It's right in front of the stacks. I think it's called the "Well Being Pool"

851695802_ScreenShot2020-02-22at2_07_13PM.thumb.png.2f54a209666448f0393163fabf789076.png

HERE is the Deck Plan. I don't mean to be argumentative, but the location is MIDSHIP, not AFT. It's literally just beyond the man pool, which is also MIDSHIP.

scarletlady15.png

Edited by kwokpot

7 minutes ago, creativegenius said:

I didn't look at the deck plan, I thought it was closer to aft.  So it's midship. 

No worries, it's all new to everyone. But it kind of proves my point that for a ship this size, there's not quite enough water features. There should be AT LEAST a couple of small Hottubs on Deck 16 AFT surrounding the Catamaran Net. There are doesn't seem to be any hottubs Forward in the Richards Rooftop Private area. Again it would make sense for a Suite's Only Access Area to include a couple of hottubs . I go back to the Celebrity Edge Cruiseship where in The Retreat, a Suites Only Access area, It's location is also Forward and has hottubs. 

t

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

No worries, it's all new to everyone. But it kind of proves my point that for a ship this size, there's not quite enough water features.

That's been our only concern since we saw the original 3D renderings, especially for a Caribbean based ship. We would have expected the main pool to be much larger to allow swimming in the morning and probably a lounging ledge the rest of the day (where the loungers are in the water)

Also would have expected a true indoor solarium pool area which could have been a really sweet indoor pool / bar area that turned into a late night pool / bar / dance area at night.  

We'll have to wait and see how this works out but I do agree at first glance, they really didn't think through the water areas based on my previous cruises in the Caribbean. The pools get a LOT of use during the day, even when the ship is in port.  

11 minutes ago, creativegenius said:

t

That's been our only concern since we saw the original 3D renderings, especially for a Caribbean based ship. We would have expected the main pool to be much larger to allow swimming in the morning and probably a lounging ledge the rest of the day (where the loungers are in the water)

Also would have expected a true indoor solarium pool area which could have been a really sweet indoor pool / bar area that turned into a late night pool / bar / dance area at night.  

We'll have to wait and see how this works out but I do agree at first glance, they really didn't think through the water areas based on my previous cruises in the Caribbean. The pools get a LOT of use during the day, even when the ship is in port.  

Agree with all your points! On another thread here i posted a side by side photo comparison of the Scarlet Lady's main pool vs Celebrity Edge's pool. I was on that ship twice and they REALLY got that pool right! I think there are a couple of other Cruiselines that use the same pool design as The Edge (MSC Meraviglia and an Aida ship???) and I think it's the best cruiseship pool design to date. It's actual POOL area is LONG and DEEP enough to swim actual Laps yet there's a shallow edge for in-water loungers. so best of both worlds!

Edited by kwokpot

Isn’t the area surrounding the deep part of the pool a big water ledge?

I’m not a pool deck person, get burned/too hot too fast (NO idea how people sit in a hot tub in the direct 90 degree sun?). I like the indoor spa pools on NCL’s big ships, but they are a little more reasonably priced. Although as a I type this I’m sure a week long pass must be at or over $250 on NCL now.

26 minutes ago, AlyssaJames said:

I’m not a pool deck person, get burned/too hot too fast (NO idea how people sit in a hot tub in the direct 90 degree sun?). I like the indoor spa pools on NCL’s big ships, but they are a little more reasonably priced. Although as a I type this I’m sure a week long pass must be at or over $250 on NCL now.

That's why we like Celebrity / Princess / Royal indoor pools/solariums. No upcharge. For Princess the Spa Pool isn't even an upcharge, though it's an outdoor pool on most ships. 

12 minutes ago, creativegenius said:

That's why we like Celebrity / Princess / Royal indoor pools/solariums. No upcharge. For Princess the Spa Pool isn't even an upcharge, though it's an outdoor pool on most ships. 

Oh, I always forget about my single trip on X, back in 2015. I did like the solarium pool on Eclipse. 

The Solarium on Oasis was burning hot, as I recall. 

Edited by AlyssaJames

Just now, AlyssaJames said:

Oh, I always forget about my single trip on X, back in 2015. I did like the solarium pool on Eclipse. 

It's interesting how a cruise company decides on things like an indoor pool. There is NO general access indoor pool on any NCL cruiseship (I'm excluding Haven areas). Royal had indoor pools on all classes of ship UNTIL the Voyager Class.  The Quantum Class not only restored an Indoor pool but also has a fully enclosed Solarium pool. Carnival is slowly doing away with indoor pools on new builds and even major refurbs of older ships are removing the retractable skylights.