Concierge service question

DanBoy

Just upgraded to a Neptune Suite on Nieuw Amsterdam.. One of the perks is "concierge service" in the Neptune lounge.. What exactly does that mean?..  Anything else  I should know about the Neptune Suites?Thanks

2 minutes ago, DanBoy said:

Just upgraded to a Neptune Suite on Nieuw Amsterdam.. One of the perks is "concierge service" in the Neptune lounge.. What exactly does that mean?..  Anything else  I should know about the Neptune Suites?Thanks

The Concierges are in the Neptune Lounge and at your disposal.

They can book shore excursions, book specialty dining dinners, cash travellers cheques, take care of problems, answer questions, etc.

Think of them as a combination of front desk, specialty dinner booking and shore excursions desk.

In the Neptune Lounge you will find a coffee machine which does a nice job, water, cranberry juice (fresh squeezed oj in the morning) and usually iced tea.  There are munchies provided - continental style at breakfast, lunch style like sliders at lunch time and in the afternoon hors d’hoeuvres.

Check the HAL site for some of the benefits but off the top of my head along with your larger real estate, you’ll have free laundry, drycleaning and pressing, priority boarding, priority tendering, priority disembarkation (get off whenever you want after the self disembark), suite reception on the first night, and of course, breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

The Concierges are in the Neptune Lounge and at your disposal.

They can book shore excursions, book specialty dining dinners, cash travellers cheques, take care of problems, answer questions, etc.

Think of them as a combination of front desk, specialty dinner booking and shore excursions desk.

In the Neptune Lounge you will find a coffee machine which does a nice job, water, cranberry juice (fresh squeezed oj in the morning) and usually iced tea.  There are munchies provided - continental style at breakfast, lunch style like sliders at lunch time and in the afternoon hors d’hoeuvres.

Check the HAL site for some of the benefits but off the top of my head along with your larger real estate, you’ll have free laundry, drycleaning and pressing, priority boarding, priority tendering, priority disembarkation (get off whenever you want after the self disembark), suite reception on the first night, and of course, breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill.

Suite reception is that a free bottle of bubbly?. Do we get a free bottle?  Thanks

Just now, DanBoy said:

Suite reception is that a free bottle of bubbly?. Do we get a free bottle?  Thanks

There should be a free bottle of bubbly in your room when you arrrive.

The suite reception does have free drinks and yes, bubbly is one of the offerings.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, catl331 said:

For our only NS it was 7:30 to 8:00

That’s been the time we’ve always had.  It’s meant to cover post dinner drinks for early dining and pre dinner drinks for main dining.

Only exception I’ve seen is the Prinsendam where it started earlier and was in the Captain’s Day room hosted by numerous officers and the Captain.  Alas, that tradition and the ship have left the fleet.

• Thanks 1

Yes.. we have Pinnacle grill at 7pm.. going to try to change it to 815.......also the "Boselink".. I am guessing that is a stereo system I can plug my phone or tablet into and listen to my downloaded music??

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DanBoy said:

Yes.. we have Pinnacle grill at 7pm.. going to try to change it to 815.......also the "Boselink".. I am guessing that is a stereo system I can plug my phone or tablet into and listen to my downloaded music??

It’s a Bose speaker  to listen to music.

You can connect to it via Bluetooth.

• Thanks 1

The Suite welcome aboard party is from 7:30 - 8 -- last several cruises -- no officers were present.  It was just a reception to introduce you to the concierges so that they can explain their job.

Champagne, red and white were offered.  Gone are the days where you could ask for a special drink.  There was one tray of appetizer offered.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DanBoy said:

Thanks for all the responses.. two more quick questions

1. Is there a DVD player in the Neptune Suite?

2. Do they replenish water in the cabin as needed free of charge?

Thanks

No DVD player.  There are many movies and shows on the interactive TV.

No replenishment of water.  There is usually a large bottle of Evian and a large bottle of Italian still water, as well as the bottle of champagne.  Lots of water in the lounge or the Lido or the MDR.  You can also purchase additional bottles if you like.

3 hours ago, DanBoy said:

Thanks for all the responses.. two more quick questions

1. Is there a DVD player in the Neptune Suite?

2. Do they replenish water in the cabin as needed free of charge?

Thanks

15 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

No DVD player.  There are many movies and shows on the interactive TV.

No replenishment of water.  There is usually a large bottle of Evian and a large bottle of Italian still water, as well as the bottle of champagne.  Lots of water in the lounge or the Lido or the MDR.  You can also purchase additional bottles if you like.

This is where your YMMV.  It seems to depend on the ship.  I’ve been in Neptunes where any water replenished was at a cost as Miss G has experienced.

I’ve also experienced having our water replaced free of charge (Prinsendam & Rotterdam) or have been gifted 8 bottles of water at the beginning of the cruise (Westerdam).

Other CC members have also reported having water replaced free of charge so I think this really does vary by ship.

• Like 1

We like the concierge most of the time, there was one time she messed up our flight check in, but it was easy to fix. They always know your name and give you a friendly welcome.  The snack bar is nice when you have a late tour and don't want to have to travel to the Lido for a snack. 

29 minutes ago, kazu said:

This is where your YMMV.  It seems to depend on the ship.  I’ve been in Neptunes where any water replenished was at a cost as Miss G has experienced.

I’ve also experienced having our water replaced free of charge (Prinsendam & Rotterdam) or have been gifted 8 bottles of water at the beginning of the cruise (Westerdam).

Other CC members have also reported having water replaced free of charge so I think this really does vary by ship.

Do you know if the Neptune Lounge is bottled water?..Thanks

2 minutes ago, DanBoy said:

Do you know if the Neptune Lounge is bottled water?..Thanks

No, it’s not bottled water.  The different liquids (water, cranberry juice, fresh squeezed orange juice, iced tea) are in tall, sanitary containers.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

No, it’s not bottled water.  The different liquids (water, cranberry juice, fresh squeezed orange juice, iced tea) are in tall, sanitary containers.  

Thanks for the quick response!.. Was also wondering about the expanded Room service breakfast menu for Neptune guests.. I know the mimosa is free, what about a bloody Mary, and smoked salmon, steak and eggs etc??

5 minutes ago, DanBoy said:

Thanks for the quick response!.. Was also wondering about the expanded Room service breakfast menu for Neptune guests.. I know the mimosa is free, what about a bloody Mary, and smoked salmon, steak and eggs etc??

Bloody Mary’s are not free on the room service menu. 

Smoked salmon, steak and eggs are included and free.

Here is our menu from our last cruise in a Neptune Suite.

4D9FE39A-6F32-48A0-98D1-564234114399.jpeg.16f5d7e9d9b9fda94a31c03e9cc8e789.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1