Getting off the ship on embarkation day

cruiseman90

Yes, not a problem.  As example, many cruises leaving out of San Juan, PR, don't depart until the evening,  It is very common for passengers to board, check into their stateroom and then leave the ship to sightsee during the afternoon.  They would then reboard (by way of just showing their SeaPass card at ship security) prior to muster.  

The bottom line is you can leave the ship at any time once you have boarded as long as you are back on board by the final published all on board time for muster and the scheduled departure. Have done it ourselves several times.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

This has nothing to do with the topic, sorry but don’t know where else to go.   How in the heck does one reply or respond to any posting?   looked everywhere and just can’t figure how to do this.   Again, sorry for hijacking the forum, don’t normally do this.   

3 hours ago, PoppyandNana said:

This has nothing to do with the topic, sorry but don’t know where else to go.   How in the heck does one reply or respond to any posting?   looked everywhere and just can’t figure how to do this.   Again, sorry for hijacking the forum, don’t normally do this.   

Click on the word "quote" beneath the post you want to reply to.

15 hours ago, PoppyandNana said:

11 hours ago, hancock said:

Click on the word "quote" beneath the post you want to reply to.

I am on a laptop so phones might be different.  If you want to quote multiple postings, click the "+" on each post that you want to quote and there should be a message at the bottom right of the screen stating "Quote n posts".  Click that message and the quotes appear in the reply box.You can edit the quote too if you only want to quote a portion.  Another option is to click "quote" on each post and they should also appear in the reply field.

If you want to only quote one message then follow hancock's advice 🙂 

If you want to reply without quoting, you likely did so without realizing it.  Toward the bottom of the page should be a "reply" box with your avatar/icon to the left and edit options across the top.  That is where the quotes appear and you type your message.

Hope that helps 🙂 

OP - as others mentioned, you should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 4:58 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Yes, in any port I can think of.

I seem to remember seeing a posting some time ago that indicated you could not get off the ship after embarking in Sydney, Au. So the rules for some countries may be different

2 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

I seem to remember seeing a posting some time ago that indicated you could not get off the ship after embarking in Sydney, Au. So the rules for some countries may be different

Actually....you are remembering correctly.  I saw that a while ago...haven't seen anything about it recently. 

5 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

That is correct. If you can get back off the ship after embarking depends on local regulations.

Outside of the US one, extremely rough, guide is that if you are being processed by immigration when boarding (ship’s next port will be another country) then you are unlikely to be able to go back ashore (ie: embarking most Asian or Australia-based cruises).