Jump to content

Noro on Caribbean Princess, again


Recommended Posts

This may just be a mistake and mean nothing. But the Port Everglades vessel traffic list shows the Caribbean Princess arriving at terminal 4 on Saturday 2/29 when their next cruise is scheduled for Sunday 3/1.

 

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

 

But the ship I'm about to sail on next Saturday, the Carnival Magic, has been using terminal 4 recently and isn't listed at all for 2/29. That's what makes me think it's just a mistake. Even if the Caribbean Princess was returning early for some reason, they'd still have to assign the Magic some other terminal. But it's not listed at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are onboard CB now. Yesterday the Captain announced that there had been "some improvement" in noro cases. Not sure what exactly he meant, but it seems like a good development. No ports have been canceled and no word on returning early.

 

We are in Trinidad today, next is Curacao then Aruba. then back to Ft Lauderdale. Fingers crossed the worst of the noro is behind us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

We are onboard CB now. Yesterday the Captain announced that there had been "some improvement" in noro cases. Not sure what exactly he meant, but it seems like a good development. No ports have been canceled and no word on returning early.

 

We are in Trinidad today, next is Curacao then Aruba. then back to Ft Lauderdale. Fingers crossed the worst of the noro is behind us.

Thanks NoWhiners for posting; great news to hear 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

We are onboard CB now. Yesterday the Captain announced that there had been "some improvement" in noro cases. Not sure what exactly he meant, but it seems like a good development. No ports have been canceled and no word on returning early.

 

We are in Trinidad today, next is Curacao then Aruba. then back to Ft Lauderdale. Fingers crossed the worst of the noro is behind us.

Thanks you for the facts.  BTW who is the current Captain on the CB?

 

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GonzoWCS said:

Thanks you for the facts.  BTW who is the current Captain on the CB?

 

Cheers

 

1 hour ago, GonzoWCS said:

Thanks you for the facts.  BTW who is the current Captain on the CB?

 

Cheers

 

1 hour ago, GonzoWCS said:

Thanks you for the facts.  BTW who is the current Captain on the CB?

 

Cheers

 

1 hour ago, GonzoWCS said:

Thanks you for the facts.  BTW who is the current Captain on the CB?

 

Cheers

Good to hear ; we were on last week; missed two ports and then turned around 3 days early.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

OP here... Thank the good Lord above, I am well!  Got turned lose yesterday, was very weak and puny yesterday but was darn near normal today!  Credit to the medical staff and all of the folks involved in making me as comfortable as possible while this thing ran it’s course.  

It does seem that for the past two days the CB is getting well too, and that is certainly a good thing.  Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, frankdp said:

OP here... Thank the good Lord above, I am well!  Got turned lose yesterday, was very weak and puny yesterday but was darn near normal today!  Credit to the medical staff and all of the folks involved in making me as comfortable as possible while this thing ran it’s course.  

It does seem that for the past two days the CB is getting well too, and that is certainly a good thing.  Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes!

Great attitude! Exactly how I felt last week when I got it. Life happens!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

Thanks you for the facts.  BTW who is the current Captain on the CB?

 

Cheers

 Capt is Vincenzo Lubrano.

 

Another message today that noro numbers are still going down. Maybe we are OK! I know they are cleaning our bathroom with what smells like pure bleach each day now. Whatever works...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

 Capt is Vincenzo Lubrano.

 

Another message today that noro numbers are still going down. Maybe we are OK! I know they are cleaning our bathroom with what smells like pure bleach each day now. Whatever works...

Thanks for the quick response.  Be safe!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2020 at 6:44 AM, SargassoPirate said:

Just curious, are the tables in the Horizon Court pre set with drinkware during breakfast hours?  I've seen it and complained about it on every Princess cruise we've done.  We have seen the unused, inverted or right-side-up drinkware left on the table between passengers, the tables "cleaned" with a swipe of used cloth napkin and the the unused drinkware re-positioned for the next user.  Who's to say if the previous diners handled, sneezed on, or coughed on that drinkware?  Maybe they coughed into that napkin that the crew used to wipe down the table.

 

When I complain, I'm always told that it's corporate policy that the tables be pre-set at breakfast.

 

I always grab my own clean drinkware from one of the beverage stations and I never, ever unroll my silverware burrito and lay my eating utensils on the table.

We were recently on the Crown and glasses were NOT on the HC tables. The servers always brought us what we needed. I also saw servers using cloths from a container (would guess a disinfecting solution) to wipe off tables once dishes were cleared. That being said, I always rested my silverware on my plate, not the table.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

I always rested my silverware on my plate, not the table.

That's my standard practice whenever I eat out.  If it's a fast food place and the food comes in a wrapper, I always place plasticware down on the inside of the wrapper.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife and I were on the shortened Feb 2 Caribbean Princess cruise. Couple comments from our observation. The passengers on that sailing looked Old. Saw more canes, walkers,wheelchairs, scooters than on any other cruise. The ocean was really calm but I saw more people hanging onto the hallway safety rails. The other thing we noticed was the slow elevators. People were constantly pressing the elevator buttons despite them being lit. So handrails and elevator buttons are another potential source on the bug. Menus are also being touched so cleaning hands with Purell after handling the dining rooms menus is also advisable.

 

My wife who is a retired hospital lab supervisor constantly was reminding me not to touch my mouth with my hands. We were lucky as we didn't get the virus.

 

The first island we missed was St Kitts. The captain came on and said the number of new cases were dropping and we were ok to get into Martinique., which we did.

 

We were first told that we would get to Barbados, but then it was announced that Barbados was scratched. We were sailing to Trinidad and at 10:30 PM the captain announced that the ship has turned around and sailing back to Fort Lauderdale.

 

Despite all the announcements and on ship rumors, we did see people not washing their hands as the entered the buffet areas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WallyNDiane said:

My wife and I were on the shortened Feb 2 Caribbean Princess cruise. Couple comments from our observation. The passengers on that sailing looked Old. Saw more canes, walkers,wheelchairs, scooters than on any other cruise. The ocean was really calm but I saw more people hanging onto the hallway safety rails. The other thing we noticed was the slow elevators. People were constantly pressing the elevator buttons despite them being lit. So handrails and elevator buttons are another potential source on the bug. Menus are also being touched so cleaning hands with Purell after handling the dining rooms menus is also advisable.

 

My wife who is a retired hospital lab supervisor constantly was reminding me not to touch my mouth with my hands. We were lucky as we didn't get the virus.

 

The first island we missed was St Kitts. The captain came on and said the number of new cases were dropping and we were ok to get into Martinique., which we did.

 

We were first told that we would get to Barbados, but then it was announced that Barbados was scratched. We were sailing to Trinidad and at 10:30 PM the captain announced that the ship has turned around and sailing back to Fort Lauderdale.

 

Despite all the announcements and on ship rumors, we did see people not washing their hands as the entered the buffet areas. 

We are on Emerald Princess and if there was Noro or flu on board the buffet stewards would be spreading it.

Passengers are mostly washing their hands very well.

The stewards clear tables of used plates and silverware, handling the silverware which passengers have used.

Then without washing their hands they serve iced tea and lemonade to passengers and contaminate the glasses by holding them by the rim that we drink from. No straws any more.

We get out own drinks now we noticed this.

Edited by Griller
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Griller said:

We are on Emerald Princess and if there was Noro or flu on board the buffet stewards would be spreading it.

Passengers are mostly washing their hands very well.

The stewards clear tables of used plates and silverware, handling the silverware which passengers have used.

Then without washing their hands they serve iced tea and lemonade to passengers and contaminate the glasses by holding them by the rim that we drink from. No straws any more.

We get out own drinks now we noticed this.

Same here plus we bring our own plastic straws for the cold IC drinks as their paper straws collapse when pushed through the plastic lids. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I noticed on Princess cruises was the utensils were wrapped in napkins and placed in the middle of the tables.

Everyone talks about serving utensils in the buffet....lift buttons and handrails.....
But the biggest culprit is sitting there in the middle of the table.

A rack with the next persons utensils wrapped in a napkin sat there being sprayed on with saliva, touched by kids perhaps, or even other adults.

Watch a video of how far saliva is sprayed when you bite into something.......youll be horrified.

Doesnt bother me......Ill use those utensils every time, eat with fingers, stick them in my mouth and even  lick the  floor....I wont be getting any bugs because I dont compromise my immune system with these silly measures........






 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Griller said:

 

The stewards clear tables of used plates and silverware, handling the silverware which passengers have used.

Then without washing their hands they serve iced tea and lemonade to passengers 

This is a very poor practice.  Separate the waitstaff and bus staff functions.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Something I noticed on the Feb. 2 sailing was that we were not allowed to touch anything in the buffet line but if you ordered an omelette they would hand you a beeper.  When you got the omelette the beeper was placed back in the charger and never wiped down.  Be sure to wash after giving it back.  But when a ship has an active casino everyone playing at tables touch the cards and chips.  Even cleaning them daily is a futile act.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Alabaster Cruiser said:

  Even cleaning them daily is a futile act.

 

Completely disagree. Hygiene is not an all or nothing proposition.  Wiping down hand rails daily is better than doing that never.  Washing salt and pepper shakers weekly is better than monthly or never. 

 

A single germ or bacteria will not get you sick, you need a bunch of them, so reducing their numbers is the goal eliminating them is impossible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Alabaster Cruiser said:

Something I noticed on the Feb. 2 sailing was that we were not allowed to touch anything in the buffet line but if you ordered an omelette they would hand you a beeper.  When you got the omelette the beeper was placed back in the charger and never wiped down.  Be sure to wash after giving it back.  But when a ship has an active casino everyone playing at tables touch the cards and chips.  Even cleaning them daily is a futile act.

 

...and how about all the new big Medallion screens that are everywhere. We thought it interesting on our cruise that it almost encourages more touching......by many people.... 🤢 

I hope they get wiped down daily, though we never saw it....maybe it was done at night?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Griller said:

We are on Emerald Princess and if there was Noro or flu on board the buffet stewards would be spreading it.

Passengers are mostly washing their hands very well.

The stewards clear tables of used plates and silverware, handling the silverware which passengers have used.

Then without washing their hands they serve iced tea and lemonade to passengers and contaminate the glasses by holding them by the rim that we drink from. No straws any more.

We get out own drinks now we noticed this.

I'll add one more item. The bar staff does the same, plus they squeeze lemon and or limes with their nasty hands into your drink.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alabaster Cruiser said:

Something I noticed on the Feb. 2 sailing was that we were not allowed to touch anything in the buffet line but if you ordered an omelette they would hand you a beeper.  When you got the omelette the beeper was placed back in the charger and never wiped down.  Be sure to wash after giving it back.  But when a ship has an active casino everyone playing at tables touch the cards and chips.  Even cleaning them daily is a futile act.

 

 

We said the same thing about the omelette beepers. While it was the last night of the cruise, those voting gizmo's they hand out for that singing competition is another source.

 

Bottom line, there are many potential things that people touch or sneeze/cough on. Some are easily cleaned, some aren't. That's why chasing these viruses is so darn difficult. 

 

Nothing beats washing your hands frequently and using your own hand sanitizer frequently. My wife brought two small hand sanitizer dispensers that we used all the time. Tough battle as people are aged and traveling in the heart of the cold and flu season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Azamara - We are back with New Greece Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...