Free one scoop of gelato Captain's Club

yvrbos

Yes I do have another question. How do you claim this benefit? Are we charged for the gelato and then have to go to the Captain's Club desk to get it taken off our bill? How does the person serving us know that it is free?

You get it on the other side of Café Bacio, and it often doesn't come out until the afternoon.  If no one is there, go over to Cafe Bacio and tell them you want the gelato.  You can also sample the flavors before you decide. We always leave a small tip (you of course don't have to, but we feel we're taking someone away from their CB job to give us something free), written on the receipt they will have you sign, but the receipt itself will be zero.

We have found that many people remember their free gelato scoop on the last sea day, so often there is a line.   During most of the cruise we have seen a staff person and no one "buying" any gelato.

This is one of the benefits that begins at the classic level.   On our second Celebrity cruise, DH saved his free gelato until it was too late - since that cruise we try to find a time to be hungry enough to make certain we get our free gelato.  And since the benefit is loaded on the sea pass card, we no longer have to plan ahead to get our gelato.  

19 minutes ago, rotoal said:

We have found that many people remember their free gelato scoop on the last sea day, so often there is a line.   During most of the cruise we have seen a staff person and no one "buying" any gelato.

Exactly and that is us too.  By that time we are so full of cruise food we don't want it either!

2 hours ago, warmwinds said:

You get it on the other side of Café Bacio, and it often doesn't come out until the afternoon.  If no one is there, go over to Cafe Bacio and tell them you want the gelato.  You can also sample the flavors before you decide. We always leave a small tip (you of course don't have to, but we feel we're taking someone away from their CB job to give us something free), written on the receipt they will have you sign, but the receipt itself will be zero.

What is the "other" side of Bacio?  Do you mean the other side (left/right) of the display case?  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

What is the "other" side of Bacio?  Do you mean the other side (left/right) of the display case?  Thanks.

Cafe al bacio. The coffee bar.  That is where the gelato is on most ships but I guess edge does not do it that way. But I know for sure all S class ships.  

16 minutes ago, zitsky said:

At least on the Solstice, Cafe Bacio was at one end of the cafe space, and the Gelato station was at the other end (about 30 feet away maybe).  The seating area with tables and chairs were in-between.  (Hoping to give you a visual idea of the layout).

Edited by Ferry_Watcher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

We always get the complimentary gelato on our cruises. Usually in the afternoon after returning from being in port all day. On occasion I'll get it in a waffle cone. 

Unfortunately and sadly they no longer have waffle cones. 😞  It is much better in a waffle cone and I just loved the smell of the fresh waffle cones

4 hours ago, yvrbos said:

I am a select Captain's Club member. I noticed that one of the benefits is a complimentary scoop of gelato. Has anyone taken advantage of this benefit?

Yes but I thought you had to be Elite. The gelato is excellent. My favourite is the hazelnut but you can sample as many as you like. Unfortunately they have done away with the waffle cones and its 2 scoops not 1.

39 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Yes but I thought you had to be Elite. The gelato is excellent. My favourite is the hazelnut but you can sample as many as you like. Unfortunately they have done away with the waffle cones and its 2 scoops not 1.

No, Classic on up get a free scoop. And it's only one.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/captains-club-tiers-and-benefits-chart.pdf

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I remember when they were coupons I'd forget and throw out so glad its on the card. When I was on the Equinox last September October 11 night cruise she just gave me gelato told me keep your free 1 for another time. I dont know why. I guess I should have tipped the poor girl. The friend I'm travelling with on my Apex Mediterranean cruise in May is a huge tipper. 

8 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I remember when they were coupons I'd forget and throw out so glad its on the card. When I was on the Equinox last September October 11 night cruise she just gave me gelato told me keep your free 1 for another time. I dont know why. I guess I should have tipped the poor girl. The friend I'm travelling with on my Apex Mediterranean cruise in May is a huge tipper. 

LOL. Too late to edit my earlier post to "And it's normally only one."

Buon appetito!