Free one scoop of gelato Captain's Club

yvrbos

2 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

At least on the Solstice, Cafe Bacio was at one end of the cafe space, and the Gelato station was at the other end (about 30 feet away maybe).  The seating area with tables and chairs were in-between.  (Hoping to give you a visual idea of the layout).

On Summit and Infinity (and probably Millennium and Constellation), Cafe al Bacio is on the starboard side and the gelato is on the port side right across from it. We always intend to get our free scoops, but sometimes just don’t get around to it.

And not the biggest scoop you have ever seen.       There is never a wait , while the buffet often does have a long line forming,  at the free ice cream station.                

Edited by Hawkstar33
rewording

5 hours ago, yvrbos said:

Yes I do have another question. How do you claim this benefit? Are we charged for the gelato and then have to go to the Captain's Club desk to get it taken off our bill? How does the person serving us know that it is free?

All Captain's Club benefits are loaded onto your Seapass. No coupons or tickets to fuss about.

Ice cream and sorbet always in OV Cafe and free.

Edited by az_tchr

2 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

At least on the Solstice, Cafe Bacio was at one end of the cafe space, and the Gelato station was at the other end (about 30 feet away maybe).  The seating area with tables and chairs were in-between.  (Hoping to give you a visual idea of the layout).

same on the Edge just love me some gelato 

1 hour ago, critterchick said:

On Summit and Infinity (and probably Millennium and Constellation), Cafe al Bacio is on the starboard side and the gelato is on the port side right across from it. We always intend to get our free scoops, but sometimes just don’t get around to it.

You're correct, and I should have specified I was talking about the M class.

I like my freebies, and do appreciate them.  We take advantage of as many as we can.  And one scoop is just PLENTY considering all the other food there is on board.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, warmwinds said:

I like my freebies, and do appreciate them.  We take advantage of as many as we can.  And one scoop is just PLENTY considering all the other food there is on board.

I like my freebies too and take advantage of most of them.  You're paying for it in some way shape or form so why not. I actually like the Gelato onboard. What I don't like is their cheesecake I make a better one at home. With this Mediterranean cruise coming up I'm anxious to try the Italian Gelato. 

3 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Unfortunately and sadly they no longer have waffle cones. 😞  It is much better in a waffle cone and I just loved the smell of the fresh waffle cones

They had waffle cones last night on Equinox.  I had two scoops of strawberry in one.  No freezer burn at all.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Unfortunately and sadly they no longer have waffle cones. 😞  It is much better in a waffle cone and I just loved the smell of the fresh waffle cones

I remember you posting this before. ☹️ Agree and love that smell of the waffle cones also. Even just walking by. Yum. I'm still going to hold on to hoping the waffle cones magically reappear on our B2B Summit cruise March/April. 🤞🤞 I'll take your post as my warning and if they are no longer offered I won't be as shocked and as disappointed. 🍦

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

Nothing to get excited about.  Most times we skip it.  As other mentioned the free ice cream is just as good and they have more flavors.  Actually we very seldom get ice cream either.  

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, miched said:

Nothing to get excited about. <snip>  Actually we very seldom get ice cream either.

Perhaps that's why you're not excited. 🤔 Some of us like a scoop of gelato, and better yet if it's free.

Edited by hrhdhd
  • Like 2

Pistachio is really good! Especially after stopping at Cafe al Bacio for Caramel Macchiatos with a big slice of something wonderful from the pastry case, and having them place some chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies in their little bags "for later" then nibbling those while standing at the gelato counter.

The resulting food/sugar coma is not that great to experience however...lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I prefer gelato, more dense, less heavy cream than ice cream. Still, I forget to use my coupon/card, but I’ll make a point of finding hazelnut ! 
And my husband prefers the sorbet, each to their own.

Edited by Dunmore2

5 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

That would be awesome if they were coming back, but we were told they definitely were not....:-( 

I also had read that the cones were a thing of the past.  When I walked by there each evening on Deck 5, I checked it out. The machine was there and when I got my gelato,  she had a. cone  ready for me.  Nothing like a freshly made one.  The area closes at 10 pm.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, yvrbos said:

I love Hazelnut gelato. Are there any other flavours that others would recommend?

I will also be eating the ice cream just in case!

20 minutes ago, yvrbos said:

Are there any other flavours that others would recommend?

The raspberry is also very good. 

20 hours ago, az_tchr said:

All Captain's Club benefits are loaded onto your Seapass. No coupons or tickets to fuss about.

Ice cream and sorbet always in OV Cafe and free.

Actually, the hours for the ice cream & sorbet are limited.  It is made onboard and usually quite good.

We too forget to get the free gelato more often than not.

• Like 1

This was from the Equinox in Sept 2018.   The glass was frosty/wet which makes the picture look blurry.   I wanted coconut, but waited till the last day for our free scoop,  and they  were out.   So I got mint chocolate chip, which is the next picture.

20180923_141228.thumb.jpg.23866831201d420c1d886e519d721d8c.jpg

20180923_141857.thumb.jpg.10e125e5e860c6f168cab2e17713343d.jpg

I did get my coconut in October (on the right), and not sure what the flavor is on the left.  Maybe praline or hazelnut.

20191009_160647.thumb.jpg.5cfb76998dd846844a45151b232eb93f.jpg