Free one scoop of gelato Captain's Club

yvrbos

1 hour ago, Grandmaanne7 said:

Mango is my favourite flavour. I have been known to skip lunch and have a gelato instead. 

I actually had a scoop of my favourite Gelato which is the Hazelnut, (not always available) then gone for dinner. 

20190903_174342.jpg

• Like 3

It's a benefit... one that I always enjoy. I'm glad it's only one because otherwise I'd be there every day. LOL Not sure why it matters what you paid for your cruise because if you want what you paid for you can get the ice cream in the cafe or get it for dessert at any venue. The gelato I get as a C Club benefit is just that... I didn't pay extra for it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grandmaanne7 said:

Mango is my favourite flavour. I have been known to skip lunch and have a gelato instead. 

They did not have any mango or raspberry when I ordered..  So I had to settle for strawberry.  The server must have felt sorry for me as I got 2 scoops in a waffle cone. Got there at closing time.  Probably wanted to get rid of the cone.  Heaven!    

I did think the gelato was better than the ice cream on board. 

I don't always use the laundry, I've used the one category cabin upgrade once, the specialty dining discount once, never used the wine discount (on a bottle)... I DO use the coffee/tea (when I don't have a BP) and I look forward to the scoop of gelato. So what? None of these things do I pay for. They are gifts or rewards. No one is "paying thousands" for them. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zitsky said:

I prefer Grand Marnier.

Thanks. I'll try that. Chambord adds a rich rasberry flavor. Does Grand Marnier have a flavor, or just adds a punch? Now I will have to steal my husband's free scoop to try both. We sail in June on Summit. We may have started a run on the gelato with these great suggestions!

2 minutes ago, Midway7934 said:

Thanks. I'll try that. Chambord adds a rich rasberry flavor. Does Grand Marnier have a flavor, or just adds a punch? Now I will have to steal my husband's free scoop to try both. We sail in June on Summit. We may have started a run on the gelato with these great suggestions!

I am not Zitsky, but Grand Marnier is an orange liqueur.  😊

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Midway7934 said:

Personally I would choose Frangelico.   (Hazelnut flavor)

On 2/22/2020 at 4:45 PM, drakes2 said:

I like my freebies too and take advantage of most of them.  You're paying for it in some way shape or form so why not. I actually like the Gelato onboard. What I don't like is their cheesecake I make a better one at home. With this Mediterranean cruise coming up I'm anxious to try the Italian Gelato. 

I predict that you will be impressed. We once did a walking tour in Rome and one of the men on it shouldn't have been - he had two bad hips and couldn't walk without assistance. I alternated between being his other crutch (his wife was the first one) and dashing into the gelaterie that we passed along the way. We could be in an out and still catch up to the group before they'd gone more than a block.

On 2/23/2020 at 2:28 PM, Grandmaanne7 said:

Skip lunch - what does that mean, please?😁

On 2/23/2020 at 4:27 PM, drakes2 said:

I actually had a scoop of my favourite Gelato which is the Hazelnut, (not always available) then gone for dinner. 

20190903_174342.jpg

My favorite saying is "Life is Uncertain - Eat Dessert First."

On 2/24/2020 at 4:27 PM, Midway7934 said:

If you are lucky enough to have a drink package, go to the bar and ask for a glass of chambord, then get your scoop of gelato and pour it over the top. Wow is that good!

Ooh. Something to try. I'm thinking it would go nicely with mango, maybe lemon would be better.

On 2/24/2020 at 7:27 PM, Midway7934 said:

If you are lucky enough to have a drink package, go to the bar and ask for a glass of chambord, then get your scoop of gelato and pour it over the top. Wow is that good!

When you first board the ship you are greeted with a champagne flute of sparkling wine with chambord; I think its called a Kir Royale. Very refreshing.🥂

All of these flavours leaves me wanting to buy a pint of my favourite gelato! I do love raspberry and lemon, but I think that I would go for coconut for the Caribbean flavour!

Thanks everyone for sharing your favourites!

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I believe I was at classic level after one cruise.

15 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I think it's included in the lowest level.  You don't need many points.

Yes you would be classic after your first cruise. Preview is the lowest CC tier level with zero cruise points.  

Edited by davekathy

• 11 months later...

I'm on the Celebrity Apex in the summer for a 12 night cruise.  First time with Celebrity but I am a Select member of the Capt.Club.  My daughter who has been on all the cruises I have been on is 17 and too young to join the club, however, with she get the perks I get on her card and get a free gelato?  If not she can have mine.

42 minutes ago, lynn2002 said:

I'm on the Celebrity Apex in the summer for a 12 night cruise.  First time with Celebrity but I am a Select member of the Capt.Club.  My daughter who has been on all the cruises I have been on is 17 and too young to join the club, however, with she get the perks I get on her card and get a free gelato?  If not she can have mine.

Yes she can have yours. 🍨

Edited by davekathy