Cruise Critic Community

Simple question.  Do we need to pack beach towels for port days?  It has been a long time since our last cruise and I cannot remember.  Thanks!

1 minute ago, Grammieto3 said:

Simple question.  Do we need to pack beach towels for port days?  It has been a long time since our last cruise and I cannot remember.  Thanks!

I read somewhere that you can take Carnival beach towels for a port day. But be sure and turn it in, or they charge you like $30 or so.

Do not worry about losing it since there are a lot of free towels around the pool- sometimes with free books and sunglasses. 

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

No. You can bring the carnival ones.  When you get back simply exchange them for clean ones. 

Or you can just leave them in your cabin and your cabin steward will replace them for you.

We love these microfiber towels. They take up almost no space, dry super fast, and dry very fast. Carnivals towels take up a an entire beach bag. these are light  weight and compact.

https://www.amazon.com/Youphoria-Outdoors-Microfiber-Quick-Travel/dp/B01LYH76YW/ref=sr_1_26?crid=3QGUWEAI6R9ZJ&dchild=1&keywords=microfiber+beach+towel&qid=1582416046&sprefix=microfiber+beach%2Caps%2C200&sr=8-26

There are many other microfiber towels in 2 packs and many different colors and designs. We take them on every cruise and beach vacations

17 hours ago, coevan said:

We love these microfiber towels. They take up almost no space, dry super fast, and dry very fast. Carnivals towels take up a an entire beach bag. these are light  weight and compact.

https://www.amazon.com/Youphoria-Outdoors-Microfiber-Quick-Travel/dp/B01LYH76YW/ref=sr_1_26?crid=3QGUWEAI6R9ZJ&dchild=1&keywords=microfiber+beach+towel&qid=1582416046&sprefix=microfiber+beach%2Caps%2C200&sr=8-26

There are many other microfiber towels in 2 packs and many different colors and designs. We take them on every cruise and beach vacations

Good idea. In the past we brought some old towels and left them for recycling. 

I agree with COEvan to take microfiber towels.  They dry quickly and leave the sand behind at the beach.  You don't need them as the ship does provide their own for use, but they are big and get heavy when wet (plus hold sand).

We don't take the beach towels off the ship-they're heavy enough before they get wet. Instead we ask for extra bath towels and take those. 

We also take microfiber towels. They are so much lighter and easier to take along than the thick Carnival towels. They shake free of sand very easily as well.  

I take the ones they leave in your room then exchange for fresh ones when I get back on board. 

Thank you all!  Nine days from now and I am out of the blizzard zone and off on the Horizon!  :)

1 hour ago, Grammieto3 said:

Thank you all!  Nine days from now and I am out of the blizzard zone and off on the Horizon!  🙂

Enjoy the cruise and the warmer weather.  🙂

We take Dock and Bay microfiber towels. They pack down small for the four of us. They dry SO quick and are lightweight to carry back to the ship when loaded down with wetness. Sand brushes right off. They were pricy but they are worth it.