No Diamond Lounge

EmmasNana

31 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Confused. Is that because it has an odd Chinese designation

I think it was taken away when it went to China and not reinstated for the Singapore sailings (which we were supposed to have been on). It may be put back, depends where it ends up I suppose.

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'd often read that Alaska sailings have low C&A attendance 

D+ getting kicked out of the CL was not really about high numbers of D+ on any particular sailing - pretty sure it was a temporary measure before they reclassify the CLs as SLs.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

D+ getting kicked out of the CL was not really about high numbers of D+ on any particular sailing - pretty sure it was a temporary measure before they reclassify the CLs as SLs.

The concierge on Ovation claims she got no directive from above to restrict access.  She does it when there are more than 80-90 D+.  At that point the CL becomes too busy.  She solely does it based on numbers.  Not sure why she would make that up.

1 hour ago, biomedbob said:

I've seen as many as a dozen P's on the Grandeur!  Thankfully they seem to hang out together.

Perhaps, but when we sailed this past July (to new England and Canada)  there were just 8 of us. 

I didn’t know it was a requirement or expectation for Pinnacle members  to hang out together. And what does “thankfully“ mean? 

m

44 minutes ago, twangster said:

The concierge on Ovation claims she got no directive from above to restrict access.  She does it when there are more than 80-90 D+.  At that point the CL becomes too busy.  She solely does it based on numbers.  Not sure why she would make that up.

OK, but 80-90 D+?   I can't recall the last time I was on a cruise with that few D+.   Usually when there's 150-200 you start to wonder where all the D+ are.   80-90?  Is the Ovation CL ever open to D+?

16 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

OK, but 80-90 D+?   I can't recall the last time I was on a cruise with that few D+.   Usually when there's 150-200 you start to wonder where all the D+ are.   80-90?  Is the Ovation CL ever open to D+?

CL allowed D+ in February.  I talked to the concierge about this specifically.  She wasn't aware of the controversy.    67 D+ on Ovation on Feb. 2 and that's higher than normal, many Americans on this sailing.

This is a North American problem.  Too many D+.  In Australia the CAS numbers are lower.  In Europe the CAS numbers are lower.  In Asia the CAS number are lower.

Anthem struggles because there are a lot of loyal locals who do Anthem over and over again.  It's the only game in town.  

Edited by twangster

1 hour ago, twangster said:

My guess is that the memo went to the HD and that HD has chosen to ignore it for the time being. 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

But that doesn't support a good conspiracy theory😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My guess is that the memo went to the HD and that HD has chosen to ignore it for the time being. 

If CAS was globally making a change to the CL I doubt they wouldn't copy the concierges on the email thread.  There's only a handful of CL left.  

Regardless, it's the same effect.  D+ have access to CL on Ovation this month. 

The CL is empowered to draw the line and she draws the line at 80-90 in her words.  That's when she restricts, or informs the HD she will be restricting D+ or whatever the protocol is.  I've been on Ovation twice and been blocked from the CL when she was the concierge.  That came up in my conversation with her too.

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

But that doesn't support a good conspiracy theory😉

Bingo.  CC doesn't like logic and reasoning.  Foil hats and black helicopters rule.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2