Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

14 minutes ago, mvaughn11 said:

So... which port did you like best?

I’m not sure it’s fair to Cabo because I didn’t see anything outside of a whale watching boat. But I’d have to say Mazatlan. Reaching the top of El Faro is now one of the favorite things I’ve done. Then the cathedral and cliff diving nice as well.

It was nice having a walmart across the street in PV. Wish Cozumel had that the time I left most of my clothes at home.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

This is a good spot to sit just before they open the ocean plaza buffet. People keep walking by looking for it. One guy is determined to be the first. He just stuck his hand in his mouth. And he’ll be first on the tongs. 

1 minute ago, SDPadreFan said:

FYI Greg - Switch to Daylight Savings Time occurs this weekend so you will loose an hour of sleep Saturday night. Hope you have calm seas heading north. You will find out after you pass Cabo.

Hmm. I don’t don’t why they would move us back just to move us forward in two days. That makes no sense. When I did that on Breeze they made the time change on a sea day so they wouldn’t lose an hour on debarkation day.

The ships skipper controls the clock. Officially - most, if not all ships always operate on UTC/GMT/Zulu Time on the bridge. For the U.S. Navy, it's Zulu Time, commercial ships may call it one of the other names. Skipper may have decided to keep things accurate (regular clocks) for people who have flights on Saturday.

Last nights dining room menu. I don’t think I’m going back. If I can get into Teppanyaki and JiJi again I’ll do it. 

I tried to get into Teppanyaki last night and save bbq for the last night but they were full. I have noticed a couple nights where they’ve had 1-3 spots open at the Teppanyaki tables. 

Oh that $60 dining package I heard about. I haven’t seen anything on it. It may exist but I haven’t seen it advertised.

B95EDE4F-462A-4E56-97B6-D3B7CDA49A0F.jpeg

• Like 1

Cabin thoughts:

historically my room has been the one right next to where I am now except on lido deck. If that one is full I may pick the same room on the other side of the ship or move down a few spots. I believe those are 9255/9256 on conquest class and 10250/10251on Dream. 

If lido is full move down one deck as I did this time. The first room is an accessible room on conquest and dream classes. That’s why I booked that second room on Vista last year out of habit. It turns out they changed it on Vista class. First room is not accessible. Second and third are adjoining. I ended up with that connecting room last time and the crying kid.  

This time I booked the first room. And though I had issues with the service elevator the first night, it hasn’t been an issue since. I really like not having a room on that side. That’s the side my bathroom is on. I like to listen to news while I’m getting ready in the morning. And need it louder in the shower. I’d always be careful when a room was on the other side. This time I haven’t had to worry about it and it’s been nice. And I haven’t heard a peep from neighbors.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

The trick to the paper laundry bags are. Lay the bag flat on the bed.  Then lift the opening of the bag and carefully slid your dirty clothes in one by one until the bag is full.  Put you laundry slip on top of bag and then leave it for room steward opened. Too funny I too tore bags many times until I figured this out.    

• Like 1

Okay...brunch line is a little inconsistent. First sea day I did breakfast on deck 4. When I was leaving they were sending everyone down to deck 3. Today I went down to deck 3 and it looked like this.

95F6079E-5589-4444-B82F-CA09BB5492F2.jpeg

• Like 1

In addition to filling out the slip we also write our name, stateroom number and date on the bag where it is indicated on the bag. We figure they don't put in on there for no reason and we have no experience in the laundry business 😉 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wheelssilver said:

The trick to the paper laundry bags are. Lay the bag flat on the bed.  Then lift the opening of the bag and carefully slid your dirty clothes in one by one until the bag is full.  Put you laundry slip on top of bag and then leave it for room steward opened. Too funny I too tore bags many times until I figured this out.    

I was trying to do it like a grocery sack.

Edited by Saint Greg

Table for two next to me has an annoying kid that comes over. They have a lap baby which is fine. It’s quiet. But the kid that comes over.

what are you going to have?

are you gojng to have to the cheese sticks?

(to the baby) are you going to stab me with the knife?

are you going to stab me with the knife?

I’m going to pick a booger and shove it in (the baby’s) mouth

and it just goes on forever.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Haha 1