Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

32 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

But the luggage collection and sorting is a huge operation. If it has been returned then it will need to be recollected and sorted before guests can disembark. That's an additional several hours of work/delay. If they anticipated them getting off in the next few hours, there is no way they would have touched checked bags. At least, that's my opinion.

in addition they would need the long shoremen to take it back off ship. that crew would need to be scheduled .

1 minute ago, flyguyjake said:

How the mood on the ship?

If you walk on lido the atmosphere is kind of like a  long port day and everyone is tired or in the rooms getting ready for dinner. Bars you find more upbeat people but not as many.

I have, in the past, seen cruise ships board rather late at night, like 10pm-ish, due to other complications in my years on this forum.  THAT is why they aren't waving everyone off yet.  They still don't know and it's still not impossible ya'll will still be leaving tonight.  Improbable perhaps, but not impossible.  They aren't going to give it up until they have to.  

Greg, I'm happy to see that you can at least entertain yourself with some mood improvers!  I have entertained the idea of digging out my ancient rum runners just so I have a secret stash if we get quarantined!  😄

Edited by DenaInWyo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

But the luggage collection and sorting is a huge operation. If it has been returned then it will need to be recollected and sorted before guests can disembark. That's an additional several hours of work/delay. If they anticipated them getting off in the next few hours, there is no way they would have touched checked bags. At least, that's my opinion.

Plus the rooms will have to be re-cleaned since folks have been allowed back in them.

Back in 2015 we were on Crown Princess for my parents 50th anniversary.  The day of embarkation, we got a text that the cdc ordered them to re-sanitize the ship for some reason.  We did not board ship until 10:30pm and did not leave port till midnight and when we finally got to wide open ocean, the captain hit the gas so to speak,  we were cruising fast!! Hauling ass!  Greg, I just want to thank you so much for your review and constant updates.  I also love your sense of humor!  Thanks again! 

• Like 6

On 3/2/2020 at 10:56 AM, Saint Greg said:

On the way out they say room cards out please. Blue card mom of three says “ I just have mine, is that okay?”

7FDEC5E4-3D96-4A82-868B-EECFF3DD2D09.jpeg

I was her (a newbie) once.  We ALL were  😉

• Haha 2

Just now, InspireLiberty said:

Have they announced any plans for dinner?

No. I’ve posted every announcement. I don’t think they had anything on it past 5pm. It’s 5:30 now. If they announce dinner plans I think we’ll be here awhile.

• Like 1